• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New on-air broadcasting pairings for FOX

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty sad how most of them are awful. You would think by now they could come up with some better talent.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Tim Ryan will be doing pre season games for the 49ers this year now that Eric Davis has joined Ted Robinson on the Radio

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like Charles Davis and sort of wish he was doing more games but he's been pretty good with the college game in my opinion so I think I'd rather see him stick with that. He's somewhat valuable in that sense come February-April in the on-air pre-draft process.

Mike Mayock does an absolutely amazing job with the pro game as well but then again that takes him away from his college duties where he is one of the most valuable anaylsts in all of sports in my opinion.

It drives me crazy how so many people go crazy over Gus Johnson because of the tone he uses. It's exciting for many regular, common fans, I guess, and it works well for many when he did college basketball as well, but he bothers me because he raises his voice anytime he thinks something big could possibly happen, which is almost every play. Joe Starkey was the king of doing that. Drove me crazy on the radio since you couldn't see anything obviously.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like Charles Davis and sort of wish he was doing more games but he's been pretty good with the college game in my opinion so I think I'd rather see him stick with that. He's somewhat valuable in that sense come February-April in the on-air pre-draft process.

Mike Mayock does an absolutely amazing job with the pro game as well but then again that takes him away from his college duties where he is one of the most valuable anaylsts in all of sports in my opinion.

It drives me crazy how so many people go crazy over Gus Johnson because of the tone he uses. It's exciting for many regular, common fans, I guess, and it works well for many when he did college basketball as well, but he bothers me because he raises his voice anytime he thinks something big could possibly happen, which is almost every play. Joe Starkey was the king of doing that. Drove me crazy on the radio since you couldn't see anything obviously.

Your right. There is a difference betweeen an annoucer going nuts on TV as opposed to the radio because you can see whats going on.Starkey just got progressively worse over the years. Ted Robinson does a real nice job. He was one of my favorite Giant announcers and his tennis work is top notch. I am not sure how I am going to like Eric Davis yet.
Give me Lon Simmons and Wayne Walker anyday.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never forget listening to Starkey bust a gigantic nut over JusTurnOvers during the Detroit Lions game. He was swinging from his nuts like Tarzan. I thought he was a fool the entire time.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Your right. There is a difference betweeen an annoucer going nuts on TV as opposed to the radio because you can see whats going on.Starkey just got progressively worse over the years. Ted Robinson does a real nice job. He was one of my favorite Giant announcers and his tennis work is top notch. I am not sure how I am going to like Eric Davis yet.

Give me Lon Simmons and Wayne Walker anyday.

The best there ever was, right there! Whether it was baseball or football.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never really had a favorite to watch for football in general, but the two best announcers i liked were when bill clemente and gary thorne annouced hockey for espn. Ahhhh brings back memories.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never forget listening to Starkey bust a gigantic nut over JusTurnOvers during the Detroit Lions game. He was swinging from his nuts like Tarzan. I thought he was a fool the entire time.

Hmmm. really? Sounds like Cazic....:eek:

PaleRider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Am I crazy or did I really hear that Marv 'the biter' Albert will be doing some commentary for one of the networks this year? Please tell me I am in error...

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Am I crazy or did I really hear that Marv 'the biter' Albert will be doing some commentary for one of the networks this year? Please tell me I am in error...

He'll be on CBS.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree on Charles Davis and Mike Maycock. However, I beg to differ on Gus Johnson's style-I rather like it.