• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Never too Early to Talk Draft

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was temporarily pulled from this past weekend's game versus Missouri for that shoulder injury that's still bothering him.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wont see it from Bryce in pros either, shorter and smaller frame than kyler murray. I just dont think his game transitions well
Levis has been pretty impressive IMO but he reminds of a more athletic Goff

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levis has been pretty impressive IMO but he reminds of a more athletic Goff
I get that a bit as well, but his oline and receivers are nowhere on par with rest of SEC. I wonder how much of his flawed play is survival and lack of targets.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was temporarily pulled from this past weekend's game versus Missouri for that shoulder injury that's still bothering him.

Could get him without blowing an early pick though. AR15 is probably the most NFL ready IMO

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that a bit as well, but his oline and receivers are nowhere on par with rest of SEC. I wonder how much of his flawed play is survival and lack of targets.
Yup. Definitely like him if he falls to the 3rd. which he very well might.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levis has been pretty impressive IMO

At what exactly? Playing injured and having an O-Line that's pretty much played like garbage. Levis has been sacked 30 times prior to Saturday, but he is for damn sure responsible for nearly half of those because he holds onto the ball. Bryce Young threw 7 straight incompletions versus Mississippi State two weeks ago because it was the right play whether the throw was out of bounds or in the turf near a receiver. Young did the same damn thing against LSU this past week because his O-Line sucked, receivers running the wrong route or simply covered up. Levis doesn't possess that mental awareness.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what exactly? Playing injured and having an O-Line that's pretty much played like garbage. Levis has been sacked 30 times prior to Saturday, but he is for damn sure responsible for nearly half of those because he holds onto the ball. Bryce Young threw 7 straight incompletions versus Mississippi State two weeks ago because it was the right play whether the throw was out of bounds or in the turf near a receiver. Young did the same damn thing against LSU this past week because his O-Line sucked, receivers running the wrong route or simply covered up. Levis doesn't possess that mental awareness.
Levis can learn some of the mental stuff. He has all the physical tools needed though. Give him some time with an NFL QB coach and the sky is the limit for a mid round pick. Worst case we have our backup QB.

My plan is either AR15 early or Levis later. Of course I have not looked at all QBs yet either. There may be an even later round gem.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his oline and receivers are nowhere on par with rest of SEC.

This is exactly what Josh Allen went through in his senior year at Wyoming. Wyoming lost 3/5 starters on their O-Line and 5 of their top 8 producing WR.

I do not see the field awareness from Levis and haven't. Levis couldn't win the starting job over Penn State's Sean Clifford and why is that?

I have no problem with another poster wanting certain players, but you are clearly hopeful in projecting what he may become with what one hopes is better coaching versus seeing all the flaws he has to fix. I like the physical build he has and the strength in his arm, but most of the rest of his so-called attributes leave me suspect of probabilities and possibilities.

The one good prospect of drafting Levis is that he would have a good O-Line in front of him and hopefully that would help him to have time to make better in game decisions.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You act like we are attacking him. He is a hell of a player, but his measurables do not transition well to NFL, that is just a fact. He is short, skinny with medium range arm. His speed will be negated a decent bit by NFL level talent. I can and likely am wrong. But we have seen far too many of these guys fail in the pros

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My plan is either AR15 early or Levis later

Like I said previously, some team is going to sell themselves all on Levis' physical build and jump at the risk-reward that he can be fixed by an NFL OC and QB coach.

I hope it happens for the young man, but not with the Lions.

These CFB players all come with risks as most are not ready to step in day 1 and be contributors that we as fans hope for or expect.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You act like we are attacking him. He is a hell of a player, but his measurables do not transition well to NFL, that is just a fact. He is short, skinny with medium range arm. His speed will be negated a decent bit by NFL level talent. I can and likely am wrong. But we have seen far too many of these guys fail in the pros

Nope, not acting like anyone is attacking him. The problem lies within me not being able succinct is relaying my point.

I don't think you would be wrong regarding Young's physical stature becoming a hinderance. What I've stated all along is that, in a perfect world of manufacturing a fantasy CFB QB, the first attribute I would favor of Young is his in-game demeanor. He doesn't allow a bad play by teammates to have an effect roll over into the next play. I cannot state the same thing with CJ Stroud or Will Levis.

Remember, even though I'm a Bama fan, I wouldn't draft Bryce Young.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AR15 is probably the most NFL ready IMO

My reading comprehension is severely lacking, and I surely hope this is your joke of the year statement.

Any reason as to why you believe CFB 80th rated QB is probably the most NFL ready?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly believe there are more and better possibilities as NFL ready QB's in 2024.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My reading comprehension is severely lacking, and I surely hope this is your joke of the year statement.

Any reason as to why you believe CFB 80th rated QB is probably the most NFL ready?
Sorry, you are right I was my years mixed up. He wont be in this years draft anyway AFAIK. Once he finishes his Jr year he will be better than all the guys coming out this year. 2024 will be much better.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should the Rams be having buyer's remorse already or is it more in line that they won a Superbowl, and all is good.

McVay is already whining.

How much has not having 1st round draft picks hurt that team for not acquiring a better O-Line to protect Stafford. I know Whitworth retired but that O-Line is in shambles.
I’m anticipating McVay “retiring” at the end of the season.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m anticipating McVay “retiring” at the end of the season.

This season and any other aspirations kind of blew up in his narcissistic mind.
It's a gotcha moment for him that keeps on giving daily.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I watch Blake Corum, the more I like what I see in him. Great vision, great balance at first or second contact, has good to very good burst, sees the field very well, is patient to wait for blocks and holes to open up. I don't care that he's listed at 5' 8". He's also very good at pass pro and as a receiver whether in formation or split out wide - which the latter is rare

Lions aren't necessarily in need of an RB for 2023 should all return Swift, Craig Reynolds - ERFA, Justin Jackson - UFA - and more importantly re-signing Jamaal Williams - UFA = this off-season.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I watch Blake Corum, the more I like what I see in him. Great vision, great balance at first or second contact, has good to very good burst, sees the field very well, is patient to wait for blocks and holes to open up. I don't care that he's listed at 5' 8". He's also very good at pass pro and as a receiver whether in formation or split out wide - which the latter is rare

Lions aren't necessarily in need of an RB for 2023 should all return Swift, Craig Reynolds - ERFA, Justin Jackson - UFA - and more importantly re-signing Jamaal Williams - UFA = this off-season.
Williams has raised his price tag, and Swift is quickly entering the too much of an injury risk area.