• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Never leave Wisconsin, apparently

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to be Alvarez. I've been to Madison several times to recruit propective teachers to Texas. It is a real neat place IYAM.
I'm actually pretty sure it's Anderson. He was just given a contract extension and resigned out of nowhere (again). I think he's just a pussy who will take his ball and go home when things aren't going the way he wants.

Bielema made it pretty clear that his leaving was about money for his assistant coaches. And anyway, he had been in the program and worked for Alvarez for years... he would have to be pretty damn stupid to have been surprised by anything Barry did. You'd also think it would have taken less than 7 seasons for him to move if that was the issue.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually pretty sure it's Anderson. He was just given a contract extension and resigned out of nowhere (again). I think he's just a pussy who will take his ball and go home when things aren't going the way he wants.

Bielema made it pretty clear that his leaving was about money for his assistant coaches. And anyway, he had been in the program and worked for Alvarez for years... he would have to be pretty damn stupid to have been surprised by anything Barry did. You'd also think it would have taken less than 7 seasons for him to move if that was the issue.
You are trying to have it both ways. If it is as you say and the problem was with Anderson and Bielema, then Alvarez didn't do his due diligence in hiring and was the problem for hiring those two in the first place.

Alvarez damn well should have known what Bielema was like since "he had been in the program and worked for Alvarez for years." And a good AD would have known from his research that Anderson was "just a pussy who will take his ball and go home" and yet Alvarez hired him anyway. So again, if it as you say, then shame on Alvarez for hiring them.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were mediocre coaches that moved to much tougher conferences. Not shocking.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the news this morning that Bielema's buyout isn't actually $15 million it looks like both of them will be out of jobs after this year

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alvarez still runs that football team no matter who the HC is. How many other ADs name themselves as interim coach for two bowl games after a HC leaves?

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are trying to have it both ways. If it is as you say and the problem was with Anderson and Bielema, then Alvarez didn't do his due diligence in hiring and was the problem for hiring those two in the first place.

Alvarez damn well should have known what Bielema was like since "he had been in the program and worked for Alvarez for years." And a good AD would have known from his research that Anderson was "just a pussy who will take his ball and go home" and yet Alvarez hired him anyway. So again, if it as you say, then shame on Alvarez for hiring them.
I don't think there was a "problem" with Bielema at all. He just wanted more money, and Wisconsin couldn't match what Arkansas boosters were willing to pay.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alvarez still runs that football team no matter who the HC is. How many other ADs name themselves as interim coach for two bowl games after a HC leaves?
How many ADs have coached college football teams in bowl games as HCs before?