• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nelson Cruz turned down Mariners 5 year $75m offer

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LF Morrison
1B Hart
DH Morales

or

LF Morrison
RF Hart
1B Smoak
DH Morales

I prefer option 1 since I'd like to see someone glove worthy manning one of the corner OF spots. I wouldn't be opposed to giving Smoak another chance to see if he can build on his finish last year though unless we get a chance to trade him for something actually worth while.

I prefer...
LF/1B - Morrison
DH/1B - Morales
RF/1B/DH - Hart
1B - Smoak
OF - Almonte

We get Smoak/Morrison/Hart/Morales alternating 1B. When Smoak plays 1B, Morrison goes to LF and Hart is DH..or Morrison sits and you put Almonte out there. When Hart is at 1B, Morales is DH and Morrison in OF (or Almonte). We can also have Hart in RF with Morales DH and Smoak 1B (or Morrison) and Smoak sits. Either way most of the time we should have Morales at DH just so we can get his bat in there. Even if Morales sucks at 1B he can play there a few times so Hart can DH that way they can both be in the lineup. We don't want Hart or Morrison in the OF from what i've heard but I have a feeling they both will be. With esuggestions I made above there's a lot of time to split but it also keeps Morrsion/Hart from being in the OF at the same time. Either way we never have Smoak or Morrison occupying the DH spot, and it's always either Morales or Hart there. This is all confusing I know but this is coming from someone who kind of wants to keep Smoak that's why I go through the hassle with all of the combinations.

THIS IS ALL ASSUMING MORALES DECIDES HE WANTS TO COME BACK.

Last edited by a moderator:

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logan Morrison playing in the outfield is so effing stupid it blows my mind. His bat isn't good enough to make up for his shit defense in the outfield. Morrison belongs at 1B not in the outfield. Since he is the exact same player as Smoak one of them (probably Smoak) needs to be traded.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't really see that he has much of a choice. Is he really willing to wait until after the draft to sign with a team? That would undoubtedly cripple his value more than if he were to sign somewhere with the 1st round pick tied around his neck.

Considering the "physique" shall we call it, that Morales "maintains" there would likely be concerns among the interested teams if Morales is in game shape or not.

I think the rumor of him waiting until after the draft to sign is nothing more than an attempt to gain leverage in negotiations with the Mariners or other teams. Boras is not stupid, I think he would rather accept a 1 year $15m deal from the Mariners before having Morales wait until after the draft to sign.

Unless the Mariners are adamant about not bringing Morales back (which I would have to imagine is unlikely) he will be in a Seattle Mariners uniform come opening day. I just can't imagine any team giving up a 1st round pick for an extremely one dimensional player whose only fit is at DH.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer...
LF/1B - Morrison
DH/1B - Morales
RF/1B/DH - Hart
1B - Smoak
OF - Almonte

We get Smoak/Morrison/Hart/Morales alternating 1B. When Smoak plays 1B, Morrison goes to LF and Hart is DH..or Morrison sits and you put Almonte out there. When Hart is at 1B, Morales is DH and Morrison in OF (or Almonte). We can also have Hart in RF with Morales DH and Smoak 1B (or Morrison) and Smoak sits. Either way most of the time we should have Morales at DH just so we can get his bat in there. Even if Morales sucks at 1B he can play there a few times so Hart can DH that way they can both be in the lineup. We don't want Hart or Morrison in the OF from what i've heard but I have a feeling they both will be. With esuggestions I made above there's a lot of time to split but it also keeps Morrsion/Hart from being in the OF at the same time. Either way we never have Smoak or Morrison occupying the DH spot, and it's always either Morales or Hart there. This is all confusing I know but this is coming from someone who kind of wants to keep Smoak that's why I go through the hassle with all of the combinations.

This is why I don't see the point in trading for Morrison unless they plan on trading Smoak.

You cannot have Smoak, Morrison, Hart and Morales on the same team. I don't consider any of these guys OF options.

Ideal scenario for me is having either Smoak or Morrison but not both.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logan Morrison playing in the outfield is so effing stupid it blows my mind. His bat isn't good enough to make up for his shit defense in the outfield. Morrison belongs at 1B not in the outfield. Since he is the exact same player as Smoak one of them (probably Smoak) needs to be traded.

Agreed. If Morrison goes anywhere it will be at 1B or DH.

As I've previously said I would much prefer Morales at DH, Smoak at 1B, Hart at LF and Morrison on the bench. Morrison can be plan B if Justin Smoak hits like he did post all-star break.