• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could Ex-Mariners return to Seattle? Nelson Cruz?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After making the playoffs last year, the Twins are a completely unexpected and disappointing 13-25. They have about three weeks to turn their season around and if they fail, they will have to start thinking about unloading their veterans with expiring contracts.

In that scenario, the competition to acquire Nelson Cruz will be fierce. I can see the Yankees, Blue Jays, White Sox, A's, and Rays all bidding for him. Nellie makes an affordable $13 million on a one year contract. Most of his old buddies from his time here are gone but he can't discount the tremendous success he had here.

JA Happ will be auctioned off too although I am far less interested in him. But still with the Mariners losing brittle bitch James Paxton for the year, bringing in a veteran starter would not be a bad move. Happ makes a very affordable $8 million this year on a one year contract.

Even Michael Pineda will be available but I'm not anxious to see him return. He has a $10 million deal on a one year contract.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After making the playoffs last year, the Twins are a completely unexpected and disappointing 13-25. They have about three weeks to turn their season around and if they fail, they will have to start thinking about unloading their veterans with expiring contracts.

In that scenario, the competition to acquire Nelson Cruz will be fierce. I can see the Yankees, Blue Jays, White Sox, A's, and Rays all bidding for him. Nellie makes an affordable $13 million on a one year contract. Most of his old buddies from his time here are gone but he can't discount the tremendous success he had here.

JA Happ will be auctioned off too although I am far less interested in him. But still with the Mariners losing brittle bitch James Paxton for the year, bringing in a veteran starter would not be a bad move. Happ makes a very affordable $8 million this year on a one year contract.

Even Michael Pineda will be available but I'm not anxious to see him return. He has a $10 million deal on a one year contract.
I was thinking the same thing when they said during onetime last week that the Twins fell off a cliff after the M's series with them. Problem is the said next year is the year so how can they change that now when they are in last place? It makes them look even worse than ever if they add now but didn't add during the offseason. Plus I would hate to give up the few assets we have to add players. We need to sign players to add to our talent pool.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see it. This team isn't competing for anything this year unless luck is on their side and things break their way. Therefore I dont see the purpose in adding an expiring contract while giving up talent. Not this team is willing to add payroll of any kind anyway since they continue to insist on a 6 man rotation with 5 starters

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see the need everyone is in just a hurry to try and win and start doing unnecessary moves. I dont see the need to give up a prospect for a guy that is 40+ years old set to be a free agent at the end of the season and probably wont get us a compensation pick. This team is .500 with a few injuries that are setting us back.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see it. This team isn't competing for anything this year unless luck is on their side and things break their way. Therefore I dont see the purpose in adding an expiring contract while giving up talent. Not this team is willing to add payroll of any kind anyway since they continue to insist on a 6 man rotation with 5 starters
Agreed. These are players a playoff team adds to try to get a world series, not a .500 team (who let's be honest probably have a record better than their talent level to date) who isn't going to make a run this year.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I would agree, but this team is hitting challenged like no team has been since the 1960s and maybe even earlier than that. Three times this year a pitcher has taken a no-hitter into the 8th inning against them.

They. Can't. Hit. They have to do something. Maybe Kelenic will get it going. Maybe France will wake up. Maybe Julio will come up early. Lots of Maybe. They can't go the rest of the season with a team batting average literally below the Mendoza line.