• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebraska @ Minnesota 6:30 pm (CT) FS1

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What stood out to me was these running plays had success primarily on 3rd and longs.

What would typically be passing downs.

Nebraska D was limiting themselves to looking for the pass, and Minnie caught them off guard with runs.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so i did rewatch. took like 12 videos, damn, stupid website won't let me upload the videos.

I see what SF was saying, a lot of misfits and guys not doing their jobs. a few times guys getting blown up or DLs not taking up space the way they should imo. the reach block thing was killer on some big plays. guys just slow off the ball, letting a guy reach to them, shouldn't even be possible but our guys are letting it.

i think the double teams and then OL being able to come off those double teams and getting our LBs is what gave such a big sense of push. Miller/Davis/Honas (at times) all being in wrong gap or not playing a run correctly seemed to be the biggest issue. Also missed tackles, plenty of opportunities and guys missed it.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then on the other side, you could just see the difference and some i think has to come back to our OL practicing against our DL. Our OL just like expects their lazy blocks to work which i'm guessing works against our DL, but against Minny those DL were playing with energy and moving and shutting down holes. we'd attempt a reach block but that guy would get down the line and make the play. we'd attempt a double team and that guy would either split it or he'd at least take up both guys to leave the LB free.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm deleting the damn game now. don't really want to do that again.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so i did rewatch. took like 12 videos, damn, stupid website won't let me upload the videos.

I see what SF was saying, a lot of misfits and guys not doing their jobs. a few times guys getting blown up or DLs not taking up space the way they should imo. the reach block thing was killer on some big plays. guys just slow off the ball, letting a guy reach to them, shouldn't even be possible but our guys are letting it.

i think the double teams and then OL being able to come off those double teams and getting our LBs is what gave such a big sense of push. Miller/Davis/Honas (at times) all being in wrong gap or not playing a run correctly seemed to be the biggest issue. Also missed tackles, plenty of opportunities and guys missed it.

They'd beaten Northwestern the week prior. Only right they took a much deserved vacation.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd beaten Northwestern the week prior. Only right they took a much deserved vacation.
i think thats the OL for sure.

on D, it looked like a few were on the vacation you are talking about. I already named them, Alex Davis and Collin Miller. It seemed like on most of the big gains it would be one of them that i found misfit as SF said. There were plays where Minn tried to run the same thing again and those guys fit correctly and we'd stop it for 2 or 3 yards. Barry misses more tackles than i'd like to see and with the way their OL was getting to the second level when an LB would miss (Honas/Miller/Davis all missed at times as well) there wouldn't be someone else there to make the stop because no one was getting off blocks.