• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska @ Michigan St 2012 Game Week Thread

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think we couldn't ask for an easier home stretch.

I'm not being cocky, I just feel very confident in the way we're playing on defense right now and how we match up with the remaining teams we play.

We're in a good situation.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year when we blew out MSU we turned around a laid an egg vs northwestern at home.

In 2010 after we blew out Mizzou we barely hung on at Iowa St. w/ eric hagg intercepting a pass in the end zone in OT.

The one thing that truly scares me is Bo has never shown he's capable of getting his players to get up for every game, specifically after a big win.

He's never handled prosperity well. He's not happy unless the whole state is at his throat.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just get through these next two and it's frankly cruise control all the way to the rose bowl.

We really don't have to do anything fancy to win out. Run the ball, get after these statues in the pocket, protect the football.

Our D-Line won't be asked to do nearly as much. Our secondary (which I believe is rounding into one of the best in the country) is going to be asked to do a lot of the heavy lifting and that excites me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For as much as people talk about LeVeon Bell, Maxwell has been throwing it a ton.

39 times last week. If they throw the ball 39 times vs Nebraska they will get blown the fuck out.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched Michigan State..........

Bell isn't even that good. I overrated him myself big time in the first couple of weeks.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched Michigan State..........

Bell isn't even that good. I overrated him myself big time in the first couple of weeks.

And then you have the fact that Stave didn't play the 2nd half.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill throw some change in the jar here.

This will be a challenge for our offense. States offense sucks, period. The keys to the game will be if Tito can operate a very basic and safe play action game. The option could be very beneficial here in wearing down MSU's line enough by the 4th that we can squeeze some points in down the stretch.

MSU's defense is great against the run and pass, each on their own. However an ever slight crease appears when you put in a dual threat QB that can actually read and comprehend a play book and throw a decent pass now and then. ND was a good example, State loss 20-3. Again against OSU, 1 lucky throw by BM= msu loss. Their D shut down that rushing QB shit right down, no need to think any different here especially with our 6'5" tall vagina's up front on the Oline.

If Beck can stop Tito from trying zone read QB gut draws all day but rather use our fucking RB's instead out on the edge, we have a better chance. Also decreasing TM's chance of getting injured, with a conference title well within sights. MSU will load up the box all too often, probably a good time to use our TE's over an empty middle?

Win this game, and we almost but have sealed our trip the the CCG. Win here and we would have to drop 2 of the next 3 games to fuck that up, with both PSU and Minny and home and @ iowa, I'd say we have more than a good chance to win out.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh

Tom can't silence me from speaking my opinion.

Each game is different. IMO, this one happens to play towards NU's strengths so I expect them to win.

Why would I want to silence your opinion? I enjoy butting heads with you.

AND... LOL 2 me for not reading the whole thread before my previous post.....

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be able to pass block if your game plan is to throw over the middle to the TE's CT.

We don't have anyone on our roster who can handle Gholston so just winning 50 percent of those battles in obvious passing situations is going to be a challenge.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct, Pants. On both. Tito will need to swing out of the pocket on play action/ option. Similar to how OU played us when Suh was destroying their OL, except without the QB run threat of course. Either way we'll have at least 2 players TE/SR left to free ball it while the LB's sell out to cover the run.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell ye what. Jackson is the best Center Bo ever had..

:L and he wouldnt let him move to OL 3 years ago :L

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan St opens up as 1 point favorites

Now Michigan St +1.5

On the other hand, maybe it will remind the offense about not living the high life too long after the um victory, there's also 5 more fingers on it too.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill throw some change in the jar here.

This will be a challenge for our offense. States offense sucks, period. The keys to the game will be if Tito can operate a very basic and safe play action game. The option could be very beneficial here in wearing down MSU's line enough by the 4th that we can squeeze some points in down the stretch.

MSU's defense is great against the run and pass, each on their own. However an ever slight crease appears when you put in a dual threat QB that can actually read and comprehend a play book and throw a decent pass now and then. ND was a good example, State loss 20-3. Again against OSU, 1 lucky throw by BM= msu loss. Their D shut down that rushing QB shit right down, no need to think any different here especially with our 6'5" tall vagina's up front on the Oline.

If Beck can stop Tito from trying zone read QB gut draws all day but rather use our fucking RB's instead out on the edge, we have a better chance. Also decreasing TM's chance of getting injured, with a conference title well within sights. MSU will load up the box all too often, probably a good time to use our TE's over an empty middle?

Win this game, and we almost but have sealed our trip the the CCG. Win here and we would have to drop 2 of the next 3 games to fuck that up, with both PSU and Minny and home and @ iowa, I'd say we have more than a good chance to win out.

I agree with everything but 'running the option'.

Taylor doesn't execute the option any better than he does a screen and I just see disaster there with laterals or backward pitches. He is to hesitant to make his decisions and doesn't run east/west well either.

NU's just gonna have to grind this thing out (foreward) and hope to be the stronger team to win it in the late 3rd and into 4th Q.

I've been expecting to see Imani Cross lately and this weekend might be it.

I think they will win this game if they don't do things that are high risk for turnovers.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct, Pants. On both. Tito will need to swing out of the pocket on play action/ option. Similar to how OU played us when Suh was destroying their OL, except without the QB run threat of course. Either way we'll have at least 2 players TE/SR left to free ball it while the LB's sell out to cover the run.

It scares the heck out of me when Taylor runs left and tries to throw.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It scares the heck out of me when Taylor runs left and tries to throw.

We all know Taylor is by no means a great passer or decision maker under pressure. MSU's D will tear him a new asshole, trying to run every play. Beck just needs to throw in a wrinkle with some plays to get their lineman some mileage. What scares me is getting him injured when our closest backup QB, Rex, is already hobbled.

Fumble_Rooskie

Big Red Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem actually with trying option on this defense, if we're moving the ball and have a decent lead. Problem is that if we're behind on the scoreboard and he goes into meltdown mode or tries too hard to make something happen, the option is one of the worst plays you can run that can go bad on you.