• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska #4 in hype per CBS

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday Five: College football teams that will receive plenty of hype this offseason

4. Nebraska
There's a perfect storm brewing in Lincoln this offseason. If you judge Nebraska simply by its record, there was no improvement to speak of in 2018. The Huskers went 4-8 in Mike Riley's final season, and 4-8 in Scott Frost's first. That doesn't tell the entire story, however. Nebraska started the season 0-6 before winning four of its last six games, and its two losses were a five-point loss on the road against Ohio State and a three-point loss on the road to Iowa. It was a much more competitive team over the second half of the season.

Part of that is documented in the team's improvement in point differential. Nebraska went 4-8 in 2017 while being outscored by 128 points. In 2018, they were 4-8 while being outscored by only 15 points. That's a 113-point improvement, and as I went over a few weeks ago, that was the third-best improvement in the Big Ten this season. Nebraska is also in the Big Ten West, which always provides room for improvement and was won by a Northwestern team losing a lot of critical parts. Plenty of people will expect a bump in Frost's second year, and the Cornhuskers will appear in a lot of sentences with the words "dark" and "horse" between now and next season.

1. Texas A&M
2. Texas
3. Oregon
4. Nebraska
5. Florida

At least Texas A&M no longer plays a majority of their games in Texas. They actually travel out of the state. A&M travels to South Carolina, Georgia, Louisiana, and Mississippi.

The year of 2019 looks very favorable for Nebraska. Hopefully, the season goes well enough to get to a bowl game. I will bet it does.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hype is all we've had since 2001. Had my fill of hype.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least there will be plenty to read this off season.

Or, in Pops case, plenty to have someone read to you ...

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hype is all we've had since 2001. Had my fill of hype.

^^this

Program is going in right direction but we still haven’t beat anyone really.

Nice that we played OSU and Iowa close but those need to be wins

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-7 years we will be a powerhouse. I am tamping my expectations on how soon and just focusing on if the program is headed in the right direction.

Recruiting needs to make even more improvement finding the right player for the position and then making sure we don't drop off when that player graduates or when we rotate in during games. The 2 deep is what needs to improve then we will really start winning games when our rotation is on par with our 1st string.

Also coaching staff consistency retaining coaches is crucial to building programs. So I am hoping for the first five years at least we can retain most of the staff.