• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska 2013 Summer Big Board (Offense)

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to do this every once in a while at CBS and I think people enjoyed it. This is the Big Board as I see it right now. I have my ear to the ground in many areas of recruiting, i'm not right all the time but usually my info is good at the time I get it. Enjoy... any questions or comments post away! I use 247Sports ratings, Scout and Rivals will be in indicated in parenthesis if it differs from 247's ratings

Needs: QB, WR, OL, TE

QB

1. Brandon Harris: 4-star (3-star Rivals and Scout) [Bossier City, LA] Harris is likely the top QB on Nebraska's board right now. He hails from Louisiana and has burst onto the scene as one of the Bes Dual-Threat QBs in the nation. Nebraska offered him early and while Harris likes LSU they have not offered (though he thought they did) and he seems less interested in them after they denied an offer he thought he had.

2. Zack Darlington: 3-Star [Apopka, FL] Darlington burst onto Nebraska's scene during Capital One Bowl practices down in Florida. Darlington's dad's favorite team was Nebraska, and being a coach's son you tend to take note of that sort of thing. Darlington's two QBs he models himself after are Scott Frost and Eric Crouch, he says he watches YouTube videos of both constantly. If Nebraska gets him up for a visit he's probably the best bet for a commitment. He reminds me a bit of Johnny Stanton.

3. Will Ulmer: 4-Star: (3-Star Scout) [Washington D.C.] Will Ulmer is one of the hottest uncommitted names on the dual threat circuit. He recently ran a 4.3 forty time at a combine. His passing isn't as polished as the top two but his play making ability and speed make up for that in a big way. Ulmer is interested in Va Tech but the Nebraska offer intrigues him. If he visits all bets are off.

Other names of note: Nico Pierre, Dimonic McKinzy, Easton Stick

RB

Christian McCaffrey: 4-Star: [Highlands Ranch, CO] Christian is the son of legendery Broncos WR Ed McCaffrey and you can tell in his highlights. Christian reminds me of Rex on film, elusive, utilitarian player with the right attitude and work ethic to be successeful. But he's faster. The major challengers are Stanford and Ohio State here. Nebaska is in decent position if they can get a visit out of him.

Jonathan Hilliman: 3-Star: [Jersey City, NJ] Hilliman has been on and off the radar over the last few months for a myriad of schools. Nebraska really likes him but he is sliding down on their board every day with offers out to players like Madre London, Derrell Scott and Corey Avery. Alabama, Arkansas and Georgia are all in on Hilliman as well.

Other names of note: Derrell Scott, Corey Avery, Madre London

WR

Monte Harrison: 3-Star: [Lee's Summit, MO] Harrison has visited Nebraska twice and reallike likes the Huskers. The 6'3" WR also blew up in a Rivals combine over the weekend in St. Louis taking home MVP of the event. If he continues to tear it up at events such as this over the summer look for his stock to rise significantly and for him to end up as a 4-star on most services. Right now Nebraska is battling a host of other B1G schools for his services and Mizzou, but look for SEC offers to start comming in any day now.

T.V. Williams: 3-Star: [McKinney, TX] TV is a proto-type slot receiver, he stands at merely 5'9" (which damages his stock) but runs a 4.4 forty. Nebraska got in on Williams early and are pushing for a visit. Teams like Houston, Cal, and Kentucky are vying for his talents as well.

Zaire Andre: 3-Star: [Inglewood, CA] Ande is another slot receiver that Nebraska just offered recently. He's fast and has good hands but is relatively off the radar right now. Only other offers are from Wazzou and Houston. There are many who think his recruiting will blow up soon however. A name to watch.

Other names of note: Tyrone Washington, Byron Daniels, Andre Fuller, R.J. Urzendowski

OL

Braden Smith: 4-Star (5-Star Scout): [Olathe, KS] Smith is one of the most physically gifted offensive linemen in the 2014 class. He has all the athleticism and tools that coach would want and he is a work out demon. He has been to Nebraska a few times but the way Nebraska closed their 2012 campaign left him looking elsewhere. Nebraska is still in it but they are playing catch up with Texas A&M, TCU, Notre Dame and Alabama.

D.J. Foster: 3-Star (4-Star Rivals): [Lincoln, NE] Foster's teammate, Luke Gifford, is the only current commit of Nebraska's 2014 class. His brother, Trey, is a walk-on tight end at Nebraska. His family moved from Tuscaloosa, AL when he was a kid to Lincoln so he feels a connection with SEC country. Normaly a kid like this would seem like a lock for Nebraska but things are less certain with Foster. Alabama hasn't offered yet (and likely won't) but Georgia is high on his list.

Brian Wallace: 3-Star: [Saint Louis, MO] Wallace is a name that has burst onto the scene recently in Missouri. Nebraska offered early and jumped to the top of his list with Iowa and Missouri. Wallace is a versatile player that could project to either Guard or Tackle at the next level.

Other names to note: Natrell Curtis, Najee Toran, Jermaine Eluemunor, Chad Mavety, Damien Mama, Frank Ragnow

TE

Gaelen Elmore: NYR (3-Star Rivals and Scout): [Somerset, WI] Elmore was once thought to be a Wisconsin lock but recent visits with Minnesota and Nebraska coaches have really got him thinking. Right now Elmore says Nebraska is in the slight lead ahead of Wisconsin. Nebraska would love to add the talented 6'5" tight end to the roster and will pursue heavily.

Matt Nelson: 3-Star: [Cedar Rapids, IA] Matt has burst onto the TE scene as of late. His size, acompanied with his speed (6'8" 245 lbs 4.6 forty) make him close to an elite TE. He just hasn't gotten the camp exposure. He has offers from all over the map though. Nebraska, Iowa, Arkansas, Notre Dame, Stanford and many more. He's the type of talent close to home that Nebraska fans hope to see Bo and Co pull in more often.

Other players to note: Dalton Schultz, Chance Sorrell

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for this! Holy cow, great insight.

Do you have a speculated numbers distribution?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Good information laid out nicely.

Don't know how much comes off one of the recruiting sites but I think it was Rivals or Scout tried to shut down the VT board because of information they were posting. Problem was there were no members.

If so irule can let you in a members group to post it. Shh! Don't tell anyone.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think anything posted here would get us in trouble

Also I'm less worried about breaking those rules/the legality of keeping information private (even if its paid info) :D

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for this! Holy cow, great insight.

Do you have a speculated numbers distribution?

Offensively here's what I see us taking (also I think we end up in the 20-23 range as a total for the class... think we see at least 5 to 6 players leave due to attrition).

QB - 1 or 2 (a Darlington and Ulmer mix isn't out of the question)
RB - 1
TE - 2
OL - 4
WR - 2

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Good information laid out nicely.

Don't know how much comes off one of the recruiting sites but I think it was Rivals or Scout tried to shut down the VT board because of information they were posting. Problem was there were no members.

If so irule can let you in a members group to post it. Shh! Don't tell anyone.

don't worry, none of this info is in danger of being deleted... no stolen quotes or misused info. It's good.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great work on putting this together

Be back later to have a better look

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not completely up on recruiting especially not the 2014 class, but I thought I saw somewhere that NU would only be looking at 18-20 this coming year (I thought that was coming straight from a coach too). Nut why do you think it's 20-23?

I'll try and find the quote, but don't hold me to it.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not completely up on recruiting especially not the 2014 class, but I thought I saw somewhere that NU would only be looking at 18-20 this coming year (I thought that was coming straight from a coach too). Nut why do you think it's 20-23?

Right now we have 15 scholarship seniors on the Roster and we have 82 (with the exit of Brion Carnes and Braylon Heard scholarship players (3 short of the 85 limit) on the roster (including the 2013 class). Assuming those three left over schoalrships go to senior walk-ons we'll get those back by the end of the season. That would mean we have 18 open spots with no attrition (probably where you are getting the number).

I'm getting my number from assumptions. I assume Jay Guy, Toby Okuyemi, Walker Ashburn and Donovan Vestal, four scholarship DL will move on after receiving their degrees following their RS-Jr years... that would add 4 on to the 18 which would mean we would have 22 open spots. That would technically mean we COULD sign 25 next season (B1G you can oversign by 3). But I doubt we do... I'm going to say we finish by signing about 22 players.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep in mind, we're due to have at least three more former 4 star recruits leave the team before the season starts. That'll free up some scholly space. :nod:

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just not motivated enough today to find it. I guess I could see people leaving and transfers, but I'd think a coach would factor that in when saying something too. that's why the range was 18-20. Eh, it doesn't really matter at this point anyway.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks nut, you are faster than I.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former 4 star recruits to leave the team in the last 2 offseasons off the top of my heaed:

-Tyler Moore 4*
-Aaron Green 4*
-Ryan Klachko 4*
-Braylon Heard 4*
-Brion Carnes 4*

Tyler Moore stung badly. Sucked to see Braylon go. Green was a cancer to the team. Klachko and Carnes were just flat out misses.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just not motivated enough today to find it. I guess I could see people leaving and transfers, but I'd think a coach would factor that in when saying something too. that's why the range was 18-20. Eh, it doesn't really matter at this point anyway.

Even if a coach pretty much knows a kid will leave, he probably won't hint at it until the player actually makes the decision. That's especially the case with players like the four I mentioned above.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit uneasy about how last seasons end will affect our recruiting, I'm a bit uneasy about it myself in any case. We certainly need to hit on some TE's and OL's, DB will be a hot area of concern if we don't land at least a few real quality guys this year, we seem to be getting stuck playing frosh on the D 100% more than we should be. The DL is pretty Cpt Obvious

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former 4 star recruits to leave the team in the last 2 offseasons off the top of my heaed:

-Tyler Moore 4*
-Aaron Green 4*
-Ryan Klachko 4*
-Braylon Heard 4*
-Brion Carnes 4*

Tyler Moore stung badly. Sucked to see Braylon go. Green was a cancer to the team. Klachko and Carnes were just flat out misses.

Moore's really the only one that hurt us in that group.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was green really a cancer to the team??

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brasky apparently knew he was a little shit the moment green stepped on campus

But of course he never mentioned any of this until green started poppin off on twitter and announced his transfer :rolleyes: