• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ND vs Mich Game Day Thread:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 catches for 177 for Gallon. Disgusted right now.

Michigan is going to score about 50

tembrach

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ND defense is awful - the linebacking corps is underwhelming. How on earth can Kelly field such a substandard defense? What a joke

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, looking at the big picture, our D isn't looking as good as last year for sure, but, the ballgame isn't over until the clock strikes quad-zeroes.

My criticism thusfar is the play-calls on Offense following the first down to end the 3rd. We're running the ball with good success to that point and we just abandoned it. The running game is a strength, it helps keep their D on the field adding to their fatigue level and keeps Gardner and the Michigan O sitting. I don't get that series of calls at all (yes after the penalty they we're faced with a passing down but you start the 4th after a TV T.O. and get a false start?).

This last series that ended in a FG seems to mirror the previous series, one run and done, pass-happy we go. I don't get these calls, this is exactly the time of the game you want to be imposing your O-Line vs. their D and at least see if they can shut the run down, else you milk the shit out of it.

This team isn't looking awful at all. Gardner's tools are certainly making it hard on Diaco and putting the pressure on the LBs and Secondary to make man2man plays. But on the whole, they're not looking that bad. For the Offense, a 12 play, 90 yard drive on their first 2nd half series, on the road, down by 14, that was great execution to keep things close. Even if we lose this game, there is a lot of positives to take out of this game/performance. Yes, the D isn't our strongest suit, or at least parts of it, but the Offense looks quite potent with a lot of options. Carlisle looks good, Niklas looks like he's the TE that's emerging in Eifert's place, Daniels and Jones are at the least good, not necessarily great.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That bullshit PI on Jackson probably gave Michigan the game.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mich needed alot of help at the the end. might go down as the worst PI ever in the series. but tommy rees sucks and this D sucks.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow big game changer

im not gonna argue with you man. You were right! Defense is pathetic. Tommy still didn't help any in my opinion. The 2 interceptions were very costly. You can say the last was a deflection but the throw wasn't even close and it was on 1st down. In all honesty I don't see us losing again anytime soon.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both teams sucks. im just happy ND didnt need help

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That bullshit PI on Jackson probably gave Michigan the game.

I actually disagree with you on that one. I think our offensive play-calling probably gave Michigan the game. 4th qtr run game was non-existent only being down 7 going into it. We had great balance on the 90 yard drive prior to the two series where we ran once and passed ourselves out of the series.

I also didn't agree with declining the penalty on 2nd and 8 for Michigan which would've given them 2nd and 18, but we did and they converted the 3rd and 8 with an easy QB draw? Really? You could've likely gotten that same result if you'd taken the penalty and made them either try for a decent chunk on 2nd and 18 or very likely third and longer than 8. I just didn't care for that call.

We look like a Top 20 team, maybe we can edge up to a latter portion Top 10 team, but we are definitely not a Top 5 team, such as it is, we still have 10 games to play.

While I may sound a bit critical of Kelly and Co. I do have plenty of confidence in him and his staff, I just do not like at all the idea of abandoning your run game in the 4th, which was effective all the way up to that point, on the road in a big game with a stout opponent and leave the whole heaping pile of shit on Rees' shoulders late because of those play calls early in the 4th when the game was A: closer and B: you had momentum going for you. Just do not agree with that judgment at all.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mich needed alot of help at the the end. might go down as the worst PI ever in the series. but tommy rees sucks and this D sucks.

I don't think Rees played that bad. I can't even blame him for the final INT. It is not his fault that we were consistently down 2 scores which is the reason for him throwing about 50 passes tonight. If we weren't always down by 10-14 points BK could've had called a more balance game.

Anyway let's look at the positive? Have any of you guys seen OU, Michigan State or USC play? Nothing at all is impressive about any of those teams outside of their defense. Michigan is the probably the best offensive team we will play this year outside of maybe BYU who is putting a beat down on Texas. Considering that all 3 of those games are at home we should honestly win those games once the D slightly improves.

Call me crazy but we should honestly be 5-2 or 6-1 heading into the Air Force game.

All of our tough games for the rest of year is in our house except Stanford. The offense actually looks good. If the defense gets a little better this is a 9 or 10 win team.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as certain people here are criticizing Tommy & the offense, they still scored 23 points and we put up 30 thanks to the int we had

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnover Tommy strikes again

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm....

Offense: A
Defense:
DL: A
LB: D
DB: F
Diaco: F++++++++++++++++++

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnover Tommy strikes again

He had 1 turnover that was truly his fault. The final INT was just unfortunate.

Blaming Tommy for the game is ridiculous.

He have 1 turnover and some of you are giving him more blame than the defense