• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ND vs Mich Game Day Thread:

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know when or if the record has fallen, but at one point right before Weis came I think it was, there was a stat out there showing how when ND runs the ball and gains X amount of yards, we were undefeated for quite a while.

I know full well that BK is a Spread guy and as such, we're going to see some passing. However, another of BK's supposedly great traits is tailoring his Offense around his personnel. I'd like to ask how in the world someone appraises Tommy Ress as a guy who can throw 53 times a game and not make mistakes? Moreover, I'd ask, why WOULD you when you have a running game and an O-Line that can yield you 5 yds per carry? Something about those play-calls in the 4th stink and stink like high hell. Down 4 and the running game is rolling and you stop and go pass exclusive? Seriously? We can separate the D from the O for the purposes of discussion. In what world does that even make sense?

It reminds me of Bellichik going for it on 4th down on his own side of the 50, JUST BECAUSE he could, because no other justification seems to make sense.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know when or if the record has fallen, but at one point right before Weis came I think it was, there was a stat out there showing how when ND runs the ball and gains X amount of yards, we were undefeated for quite a while.

I know full well that BK is a Spread guy and as such, we're going to see some passing. However, another of BK's supposedly great traits is tailoring his Offense around his personnel. I'd like to ask how in the world someone appraises Tommy Ress as a guy who can throw 53 times a game and not make mistakes? Moreover, I'd ask, why WOULD you when you have a running game and an O-Line that can yield you 5 yds per carry? Something about those play-calls in the 4th stink and stink like high hell. Down 4 and the running game is rolling and you stop and go pass exclusive? Seriously? We can separate the D from the O for the purposes of discussion. In what world does that even make sense?

It reminds me of Bellichik going for it on 4th down on his own side of the 50, JUST BECAUSE he could, because no other justification seems to make sense.

:agree: :amen:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

from the outside looking in the book on beating BK (ND) in big games (if you can) is get up by around 10 early and he will abandon the run usc-2011 alabama -2012 ncg - Michigan 2013. All three games he got behind early and quit running.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from the outside looking in the book on beating BK (ND) in big games (if you can) is get up by around 10 early and he will abandon the run usc-2011 alabama -2012 ncg - Michigan 2013. All three games he got behind early and quit running.

This is absolutely correct. He's not very patient when he gets down and prefers not to wear an opponent down and keep their offense off the field. His DNA is to win shoot outs and that's what he reverts to when adversity strikes. :agree: