• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NCIS and spin-offs (Los Angeles, New Orleans, Hawai'i, Sydney, Origins, Tony & Ziva)

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn’t stomach even 1 episode of Hawaii. The crap-fest that was NO likely set that up for me.

I haven’t watched even a single minute of Sydney yet (and I don’t plan to, at this point). Does it have any redeeming value?
For the few episodes I watched of New Orleans, I always tried to count how many times Scott Bakula had and then lost the accent.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn’t stomach even 1 episode of Hawaii. The crap-fest that was NO likely set that up for me.

I haven’t watched even a single minute of Sydney yet (and I don’t plan to, at this point). Does it have any redeeming value?

For the few episodes I watched of New Orleans, I always tried to count how many times Scott Bakula had and then lost the accent.

I wanted to try New Orleans solely for bakula but now I’m feeling like not a good idea lol

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to try New Orleans solely for bakula but now I’m feeling like not a good idea lol
There really wasn’t anything worthwhile about that show. You would think Bakula would have been able to salvage it, but his (lack of) accent was just an indicator of how bad the entire production was on that show.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really wasn’t anything worthwhile about that show. You would think Bakula would have been able to salvage it, but his (lack of) accent was just an indicator of how bad the entire production was on that show.

I mean, he doesn’t need to have an accent to make it work unless that’s part of the premise

Which I’m guessing it is?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, he doesn’t need to have an accent to make it work unless that’s part of the premise

Which I’m guessing it is?
His connection to the city was a pretty bit running theme. So it was kinda important.

And the fact that it would be a super thick accent in one scene, then hardly existent in the next was just poor production.

Jesse Spencer‘s Chicago Accent in Chicago Fire was atrocious. But it was consistent. And Hugh Laurie’s American Accent in House was stellar all the way through. Henry Cavell’s American accent that he uses in most of his work is also consistently impeccable.

And I would argue that Bakula is at least comparable in acting chops to these guys (Laurie is really the only one who is clearly a better actor), but he completely fumbled the whole accent thing, which makes me place more blame on the production than I do on him.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His connection to the city was a pretty bit running theme. So it was kinda important.

And the fact that it would be a super thick accent in one scene, then hardly existent in the next was just poor production.

Fair

You can do that without being from there with an accent, but yeah in and out is definitely a problem

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair

You can do that without being from there with an accent, but yeah in and out is definitely a problem
I have never been there, so I don’t know how prevalent the accent is irl. Is what we see in pop culture real, or is it amplified like a stereotype?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone got any recommendations for similar shows??

I saw fbi most wanted and it sounded cool

But the casting looks god awful

Definitely didn’t use the same casting as other top shows like it

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone got any recommendations for similar shows??

I saw fbi most wanted and it sounded cool

But the casting looks god awful

Definitely didn’t use the same casting as other top shows like it
The original CSI was pretty good, but it got bad at the end. I never watched the spin offs and the reboot was gawd awful (horrible cast)

I never watched the FBI shows. And I have never been tempted. Same with 911.

Chicago is better than I expected it to be, but that is 99% carried by Fire. PD is too cookie cutter (and a G-rated version of Shield) and I couldn’t get through the pilot of Med.

Police procedurals (which is what NCIS is, at its core) rarely work out, imho. Blue Bloods, while technically a police procedural, is more about the family dynamic of a NYPD royal family. NYPD Blue was really good, but I am not certain how well it has aged at this point. Hill Street Blues has not aged well.