• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Los Angeles, Miami, Tampa, New Orleans and Atlanta finalists for the 2019 and 2020 Super Bowls

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL has selected Miami, Tampa, New Orleans and Atlanta as finalists for the 2019 and 2020 Super Bowls, according to NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport.

All four cities' bids will go before the owners for a vote next May.

The next three Super Bowls are slated for Santa Clara, Houston and Minneapolis.

UPDATE: Rapoport reported Wednesday that Los Angeles is eligible as a potential Super Bowl host in 2020. L.A. can host if there is a stadium in place, and a team has moved there by the start of the 2018 season.

Wasn't the SB XLVII power outage in New Orleans? That should automatically void your chances at hosting another Super Bowl anytime in the next 10-15 years. Plus there's a ton of crime and filth there.

Last time I checked there were 31 cities that made the NFL profits for hosting franchises in their league. Playing favorites by only allowing a small handful of cities host the Super Bowl frankly is insulting to the other cities that get passed over. The revenue generated in those cities for hosting the festivities is a way for the league to show their appreciation. Quit showing favoritism and do what's right for all the franchises.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine what a Super Bowl in Green Bay would look like. Honestly I wouldn't mind if they took a few more chances on some bad weather places. A great example is that of Denver in yes they do get snow but honestly that January/February time of year isn't as bad as most think. The average for those months is actually closer to 50 degrees plus you would have the mountains and plenty of venues to host Super Bowl parties during the week. Same with many other cities as I think Seattle would be a great place to host the Super Bowl. I know the chances of rain would be high at that time of year but temperature wise it is pretty good that time of year plus you would have some big money spenders in the area.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine what a Super Bowl in Green Bay would look like. Honestly I wouldn't mind if they took a few more chances on some bad weather places. A great example is that of Denver in yes they do get snow but honestly that January/February time of year isn't as bad as most think. The average for those months is actually closer to 50 degrees plus you would have the mountains and plenty of venues to host Super Bowl parties during the week. Same with many other cities as I think Seattle would be a great place to host the Super Bowl. I know the chances of rain would be high at that time of year but temperature wise it is pretty good that time of year plus you would have some big money spenders in the area.

Or Buffalo for that matter... I think it would be awesome. $10K for tickets just to freeze your butt off. Football is great in the elements.

Denver would be a great choice as well, it's generally not that cold. Although they do get the occasional 3ft+ dump and the occasional arctic blast, they are pretty adept at handling big snow. Unlike California, where they'll close highways when they get a inch or two.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Buffalo for that matter... I think it would be awesome. $10K for tickets just to freeze your butt off. Football is great in the elements.

Denver would be a great choice as well, it's generally not that cold. Although they do get the occasional 3ft+ dump and the occasional arctic blast, they are pretty adept at handling big snow. Unlike California, where they'll close highways when they get a inch or two.

Yeah that is the great thing for Denver is they know how to handle things if there is a blizzard. You wouldn't have the mess like when it was in New York of them threatening to move the Super Bowl to Monday because they couldn't handle the snow. Throw in Denver is a city that when it snows they actually have tons to do for those visiting for the week. Obviously going cold weather makes things a bit more difficult as I know the NFL loves to have a bunch of outside activities during the week but most of these cities have places they can go in case of bad weather. Such as for Denver they have convention centers throughout the city, Union Station, Pepsi Center, and others that could easily house thousands for events. I don't know about the other cities as I don't know them as well as Denver but I would bet they could do just fine. I do know Seattle would be just fine as I lived there for a few years and there are plenty of places especially down by the stadium that they could host events even if the weather is terrible.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's surprising. Who would have thought the NFL would have a SB in any of these places?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that is the great thing for Denver is they know how to handle things if there is a blizzard. You wouldn't have the mess like when it was in New York of them threatening to move the Super Bowl to Monday because they couldn't handle the snow. Throw in Denver is a city that when it snows they actually have tons to do for those visiting for the week. Obviously going cold weather makes things a bit more difficult as I know the NFL loves to have a bunch of outside activities during the week but most of these cities have places they can go in case of bad weather. Such as for Denver they have convention centers throughout the city, Union Station, Pepsi Center, and others that could easily house thousands for events. I don't know about the other cities as I don't know them as well as Denver but I would bet they could do just fine. I do know Seattle would be just fine as I lived there for a few years and there are plenty of places especially down by the stadium that they could host events even if the weather is terrible.

Tons to do - like snow-shoeing to the stadium??????

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tons to do - like snow-shoeing to the stadium??????

Well let's see obviously there is skiing and snowboarding. There are plenty of ice rinks all over the area. Actually during that week they would even have their annual Concert at the Rocks where it is an outside concert at one of the most beautiful venues in the area. There is the annual snowfest festival that goes on right when the Super Bowl week would be. They also have the Winter Brew Fest as Colorado if I remember right is the leading MicroBrew state in the country. Those are just the things available right now without the Super Bowl coming to town. My guess is they would add a few things to that list.

Also there are plenty of options beyond snow-shoeing to get to the stadium such as snow mobiles, using a dog-sled, horse drawn carriage, cross-country skiing, sledding, and more.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's see obviously there is skiing and snowboarding. There are plenty of ice rinks all over the area. Actually during that week they would even have their annual Concert at the Rocks where it is an outside concert at one of the most beautiful venues in the area. There is the annual snowfest festival that goes on right when the Super Bowl week would be. They also have the Winter Brew Fest as Colorado if I remember right is the leading MicroBrew state in the country. Those are just the things available right now without the Super Bowl coming to town. My guess is they would add a few things to that list.

Also there are plenty of options beyond snow-shoeing to get to the stadium such as snow mobiles,
using a dog-sled, horse drawn carriage, cross-country skiing, sledding, and more.

We're on to Denver.....

th

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it'd be hilarious for the NFL to host the SBOWL in London. Giant F U to the US fanbase LOL. Would perhaps be one of the best trolls in sports history.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it'd be hilarious for the NFL to host the SBOWL in London. Giant F U to the US fanbase LOL. Would perhaps be one of the best trolls in sports history.

You would think a multi-billion dollar company knows not to piss off their customers quite that much.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Patriots fan I think, not so much.....

Well have to think though that by pissing off one fan base they made the other 31 all the more excited. Throw in Tom Brady's jersey then became the most popular in the NFL for that month that he was suspended. So not only did the NFL make fans of 31 teams happy but they also made a ton of money off the pissed off Patriot fans. I would say that is pretty darn impressive and another showing of why they are a multi-billion dollar company.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well have to think though that by pissing off one fan base they made the other 31 all the more excited. Throw in Tom Brady's jersey then became the most popular in the NFL for that month that he was suspended. So not only did the NFL make fans of 31 teams happy but they also made a ton of money off the pissed off Patriot fans. I would say that is pretty darn impressive and another showing of why they are a multi-billion dollar company.
th