• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NCAA Hockey

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are also firing their women's D1 and club teams back up as we found out when they invited out U19 girls team to visit their facilities when they played a game in Pitt recently.

RU Crazy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your teams are doing TOO good, not sure I can be so friendly to you going forward, lol.
Thanks! Both the Q men's and women's teams had a great first half. Looking forward to the 2nd half. As always, will be much tougher. Looks like you are in good position right now (#11 in both polls and Pairwise). Our men's Pairwise is a little scary since the ECAC isn't very strong this year (although the games as competitive). We need to make sure we win the conference. The issue our men have is they generally play to the level of the competition. I hope they get that killer instinct 2nd half.

I hope all have a happy and healthy holiday season!

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks! Both the Q men's and women's teams had a great first half. Looking forward to the 2nd half. As always, will be much tougher. Looks like you are in good position right now (#11 in both polls and Pairwise). Our men's Pairwise is a little scary since the ECAC isn't very strong this year (although the games as competitive). We need to make sure we win the conference. The issue our men have is they generally play to the level of the competition. I hope they get that killer instinct 2nd half.

I hope all have a happy and healthy holiday season!
Well, at the rate things are going, it seems our two teams, on both the men's and women's side's of the game, could end up meeting up come tourney time, and both in the round of 8 unless things change? That would be fun, but also unfortunate as only one team can win and your team is not a team I've ever found a reason to cheer against, cept when playing the Gophers, of course. Best chance to miss each other is on the men's side, or if Minnesota drops from #1 on the women's side, which could easily happen if they stumble in the Conf Tourney?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are also firing their women's D1 and club teams back up as we found out when they invited out U19 girls team to visit their facilities when they played a game in Pitt recently.
This is very good news! The Women should be expanding their tournament soon. It was thought to go to 10 but more recent talk is that it should or will move to 12 teams. Would be nice to get the UND women's program back up and running.

I could see the men's tourney moving to 18 or 20 as well, though I haven't heard any talk of expansion on the men's side yet?

RU Crazy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at the rate things are going, it seems our two teams, on both the men's and women's side's of the game, could end up meeting up come tourney time, and both in the round of 8 unless things change? That would be fun, but also unfortunate as only one team can win and your team is not a team I've ever found a reason to cheer against, cept when playing the Gophers, of course. Best chance to miss each other is on the men's side, or if Minnesota drops from #1 on the women's side, which could easily happen if they stumble in the Conf Tourney?
Good to see both Gopher teams doing well. Although we beat Yale last night 4-0, our offense is a little lacking right now. At least we finally got a PP goal last night. Our defense and goaltending have been stifling this year. Something is missing though. Our team seems to play at the level of the competition at times. I hate to see that but it's part of our system.

I would love to play the Gophers at some point in the tournament. Really looking forward to getting to the NCAA games again. Good luck the rest of the way!

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see both Gopher teams doing well. Although we beat Yale last night 4-0, our offense is a little lacking right now. At least we finally got a PP goal last night. Our defense and goaltending have been stifling this year. Something is missing though. Our team seems to play at the level of the competition at times. I hate to see that but it's part of our system.

I would love to play the Gophers at some point in the tournament. Really looking forward to getting to the NCAA games again. Good luck the rest of the way!
Well as both a B1G fan and I also cheer for other Minnesota based teams, sometimes. If my hockey likes were like the caste system in India, My Gophers would be at the top, of course, and then my fellow B1G teams would be one step down, and the other Minnesota based teams would be the next step down. But even within those two sub groups, some teams rate higher than others, based on factors that do make sense. Such as Mn-Mankato and Bemidji St being much easier to cheer for compared to SCSU and UMD because of those two being in the NCHC, the conference I like the least. So I cheer for SCSU and UMD against other NCHC teams and when they play Eastern teams. NCHC teams are at the bottom of my caste system, just below Hockey East teams and Ivy league teams. I say Ivy league teams because I hate their fans and Ivy League schools are creating some of the worst villianous people in the world, lol. So looking at the Top 12 of the Hockey Poll, I'm very pleased to see 7 of those 12 teams to be 4 B1G teams, Mankato, SCSU & UMD. And of the other 5 teams, you got Q and UMass out of the ECAC, non-Ivy teams that I can be happy for if they win. And out of those 12 teams are ZERO Hockey East teams, which makes me very happy. I don't hate the Hockey East like I do the NCHC, but teams like BC and BU are historic eastern rivals and I hate it when any Hockey East team does well. So I'm pleased that they might only get one team into the tourney, if the regular season ended today that is all they'd get in.

So I have my list of 8 teams I hope make it past the 1st round, 1. Minnesota, 2-4. the other 3 B1G teams, 5. Mn-Mankato, 6. Q, 7. SCSU, 8. UMD. I list UMD behind SCSU only because UMD has enjoyed lots of success recently so it why not let SCSU enjoy some success.

And why do I list Q ahead of SCSU and UMD but behind the other B1G teams and Mankato? Mankato, like SCSU hasn't won big in the tourney yet, so it would be nice if they got a turn. And I cheer for the other B1G teams in that it's fun to rub it in NCHC fan's faces when the B1G does well in the tourney. But if any team has to beat my Gophers in the Championship game, I'd list Q right behind Mankato, as Q has come so close a couple of times but come up short, so even if it had to come at my Gopher's expense, I'd enjoy seeing your team finally get to enjoy being The Champs as it's something that lasts well past the day of the game, all the way into the next season as you are the defending champs until a new champ is crowned. I'd still cheer for my Gophers to beat your guys, lol, but I'd be much less upset losing to your team than I would others.

Hope that makes sense to you? lol Most Gopher fans hate and cheer against other Minnesota based teams and some hate and cheer against other B1G teams as well, which makes sense and I never diss anyone who thinks that way, I don't even mind if they diss me and how I think.

RU Crazy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as both a B1G fan and I also cheer for other Minnesota based teams, sometimes. If my hockey likes were like the caste system in India, My Gophers would be at the top, of course, and then my fellow B1G teams would be one step down, and the other Minnesota based teams would be the next step down. But even within those two sub groups, some teams rate higher than others, based on factors that do make sense. Such as Mn-Mankato and Bemidji St being much easier to cheer for compared to SCSU and UMD because of those two being in the NCHC, the conference I like the least. So I cheer for SCSU and UMD against other NCHC teams and when they play Eastern teams. NCHC teams are at the bottom of my caste system, just below Hockey East teams and Ivy league teams. I say Ivy league teams because I hate their fans and Ivy League schools are creating some of the worst villianous people in the world, lol. So looking at the Top 12 of the Hockey Poll, I'm very pleased to see 7 of those 12 teams to be 4 B1G teams, Mankato, SCSU & UMD. And of the other 5 teams, you got Q and UMass out of the ECAC, non-Ivy teams that I can be happy for if they win. And out of those 12 teams are ZERO Hockey East teams, which makes me very happy. I don't hate the Hockey East like I do the NCHC, but teams like BC and BU are historic eastern rivals and I hate it when any Hockey East team does well. So I'm pleased that they might only get one team into the tourney, if the regular season ended today that is all they'd get in.

So I have my list of 8 teams I hope make it past the 1st round, 1. Minnesota, 2-4. the other 3 B1G teams, 5. Mn-Mankato, 6. Q, 7. SCSU, 8. UMD. I list UMD behind SCSU only because UMD has enjoyed lots of success recently so it why not let SCSU enjoy some success.

And why do I list Q ahead of SCSU and UMD but behind the other B1G teams and Mankato? Mankato, like SCSU hasn't won big in the tourney yet, so it would be nice if they got a turn. And I cheer for the other B1G teams in that it's fun to rub it in NCHC fan's faces when the B1G does well in the tourney. But if any team has to beat my Gophers in the Championship game, I'd list Q right behind Mankato, as Q has come so close a couple of times but come up short, so even if it had to come at my Gopher's expense, I'd enjoy seeing your team finally get to enjoy being The Champs as it's something that lasts well past the day of the game, all the way into the next season as you are the defending champs until a new champ is crowned. I'd still cheer for my Gophers to beat your guys, lol, but I'd be much less upset losing to your team than I would others.

Hope that makes sense to you? lol Most Gopher fans hate and cheer against other Minnesota based teams and some hate and cheer against other B1G teams as well, which makes sense and I never diss anyone who thinks that way, I don't even mind if they diss me and how I think.
Makes total sense. I hate the Ivy's and BC/BU myself. All smug. As a big college hockey fan here in the NE, always had great respect for Minnesota and the rest of the team there. I love that my daughter went to Q because I like rooting for the small schools. It's still amazing the growth of that school/program over the past 20 years.

We have a big weekend. Cornell on Friday night and Colgate on Saturday. We just need 1 win to win the conference. Yale may be our rival but Cornell is the true rival. We lost to them at their place a few weeks ago and need a big win. We generally play better on Friday nights so I expect a solid effort. On the women's side, conference tournament starts this weekend and we play Clarkson. That will be a tough series. If Q gets there, I plan to attend the conference finals in Lake Placid, then on the the NCAA's. Good luck to the Gophers this weekend. Beat those Badgers!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget March Madness, the real college tourney is underway.

Great game ready to roll on ESPN U at 3EST today - Michigan and American International. Then at 6PM - Umass vs Minnesota. Lots of highly rated NHL prospects on the #1 seed Wolverines.

Beniers
Power
Johnson
Hughes
Brisson
Portillo

RU Crazy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2022 NCAA Playoff thread here:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget March Madness, the real college tourney is underway.

Great game ready to roll on ESPN U at 3EST today - Michigan and American International. Then at 6PM - Umass vs Minnesota. Lots of highly rated NHL prospects on the #1 seed Wolverines.

Beniers
Power
Johnson
Hughes
Brisson
Portillo
Knies is probably Leafs bound after Minny got eliminated. I’m ready.

/Leafs also are expected to sign Nick Abruzzese after Harvard were eliminated.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DIII Championship game this evening, featuring a towering D man for Adrian college who is a product of the program I coach for. He will be easy to pick out as he will be the only 6 and a half foot tall black guy with blonde dreadlocks :)

Good luck, Ayo

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Ayo won. Congrats Bulldogs.

Watching Michigan/Quinnipiac and I cannot believe how good Luke Hughes is. All the talent on that team and he stands out. Blue currently up 4-0 at the end of 2.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan/Quinnipiac ended up 7-4 Michigan. 3rd was insane.

Frozen 4 is Michigan vs Denver and Minnesota vs Minnesota State

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver punches their ticket to the final on, by my estimation, 2967 uncalled penalties in OT.

I guess NHL Refs aren't the only ones afraid to call anything in OT.

RU Crazy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m happy Denver won. Anyone but Michigan. The refs let them play most of the game. I’d rather see no calls than bad ones. Looking forward to the next game.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really felt like Denver carried the play most of that game. Michigan had a great second period and some flashed in OT but Denver felt like the better team.

RU Crazy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the audio on ESPNU suck for anyone else? My feed has the background noise louder than the announcers. I can barely hear them. Which is a good thing.