• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NCAA Men's Hockey tourney talk for non NHL fans

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 teams got in, 5 eastern, 3 B1G, 4 Minnesota based, all 3 B1G survived the first round. 4 of the 5 Eastern teams are out, 3 of the 4 Minnesota based have won, the last Minnesota based team is losing 3-5 vs the last remaining Eastern team Quinipiac.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd round action, Minnesota St Mankato vs Notre Dame. I sort of win either way here, I had several high school classmates who went to Mankato, and it's a Minnesota based team, so that would be cool. But Notre Dame is a B1G school and I don't mind seeing the B1G do well as long as it's not against my Gophers. lol Have no clue how legit Mankato really is, they seemed to cruise through their conference schedule, and hence how they got their #2 overall rating, but they did play some top notch teams in the ooc part of the season and did quite well. I think they are a very good team, but did they soften up during their conf schedule? Guess we'll have to wait and see. Notre Dame did well but not spectacular in the B1G which seemed to have one of it's better seasons this year as a conference, so they could be a threat, to win this next game and maybe win it all? My money is still on Mankato though, in like a 4-3 type game.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Western Michigan vs Minnesota. This could be one of the more intriguing matchups of the tourney. For football fans because of the PJ Fleck going from WMU to Minnesota thing, WMU fans might want this win even more because of this? WMU finished a distant 3rd in the NCHC regular season, but still got the 4th #1 seed ahead of UND and along with fellow conf mate Denver. My guess is that they are a legit threat, nothing to be trifled with. Minnesota won the B1G regular season crown and just barely lost to #1 overall ranked Michigan in the B1G Conf Tourney title game. UMn could have been the #1 or #2 overall seed in the tourney had they won that game, possible? So they are no slouch, either. And their success has been mostly in the latter half of the season, as they are now 11-1 in their last 12 games, with only that slim loss to Michigan. So this is one of those matchups that probably shouldn't have happened until the Frozen Four, but one of these deserving teams will get left out of the Frozen Four. I'd love to say my money's on the Gophers, but I just don't know enough about WMU. May come back and edit this later to make a pick, for now I'll say it's even, a wash, who knows, a toss up.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UMDuluth vs Denver. Another matchup that should be close, hard fought and interesting. UMD has seen alot of success lately in the tourney, but Denver is no slouch, arguably the top team in the top conference, there is an argument to be made that Denver could be a favorite to win it all, if you are a DU/NCHC fan. If they get by UMD they have to go up against #1 overall seed Michigan if they get by upstart Quinipiac. So not an easy path. My money is on Denver in this one. I went to UMD so I'll be cheering for them, but just don't see this as their year.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 overall seed Michigan vs Quinipiac, the last remaining Eastern team in the tourney. Doesn't look like the East will be represented in the Frozen Four this year, but anytime the Wolverines get beat in any sport, I don't get too upset. Sure they are a fellow B1G team, and so I also won't be upset if they win. Would be cool to see 3 B1G teams in the Frozen Four again. But Michigan might be the only one to make it this year, and Quinipiac doesn't look like they are going to lay down and let it happen. Not that SCSU was a giant that the Q slew, but they weren't some #16 seed that got in just because they won some weak arse conference. They spent most of the season ranked in the Top Ten, with some of that in the top 5. So they'll give the Wolverines a battle. My money is on Michigan though.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan, with their leading 9 NC so far is going to add their 10th, real soon
How many of those 9 Titles were won in the last 50 years? Just 2, right? How many were won in the 21st Century? lol

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see a rematch of the B1G conf tourney title game coming up. I'd be cool with that.

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No particular point, really. Cept that Michigan having 9 titles, most in the NCAA history, has little to no relevance to how they'll do this year, is all.
Never said it had any relevance, just saying they are about to get their 10th…

RU Crazy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to the Q - Michigan game Sunday night. I will be there rooting Q on to hopefully their 3rd Frozen 4. We played like crap tonight and we’re lucky to win. Now we know what we need to focus on for a great Michigan team. Sucks that Samoskevich went to UM. His sister plays for Q.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated hearing a Kessel playing for Mass tonight. Not saying every Kessel in existence has to play for Minnesota, but Phil and Amanda being such major players for the Gophers and beyond made that really weird to hear his name and having that not be a good thing. lol Apparently Phil played a period before leaving as his wife was popping out a kid tonight?

RU Crazy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite Q being the only east team left, all the games have been close. Loving the tournament so far and looking forward to the rest of the weekend.

RU Crazy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Minnesota for making the Frozen Four! Will be a tall task for Q to make it and hope we do. Will be in Boston if so.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Minnesota for making the Frozen Four! Will be a tall task for Q to make it and hope we do. Will be in Boston if so.
Cheering for you bro!

Last update I saw was Q down 0-1?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, saw you lost. Sorry man, that Michigan team is tough. They could easily win it all this year.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two Minnesota based teams, and Two B1G teams, only outlier I hate being there is the losers from Denver. lol. My luck Denver will win the whole thing. :(