• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA West Playoff Game 6 : Mebert vs Shane

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think Leonard has an athletic advantage over KG you are thinking of older kg, not his prime

Prime KG isn't guarding Leonard on the perimeter man lol. No offense to KG, he is a great but he was a PF for a reason

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prime KG isn't guarding Leonard on the perimeter man lol. No offense to KG, he is a great but he was a PF for a reason

He started his Career at SF, he moved later. No doubt in my mind KG could have locked Kawhi down in his prime.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He started his Career at SF, he moved later. No doubt in my mind KG could have locked Kawhi down in his prime.

For two years...... then played the other 16 where he belongs

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously would like to know who hockey picked. This could decide winner.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that we're debating KG vs Leonard proves my point that current players are WAAAAAAAAY overvalued in these exercises. Kawhi Leonard has a long way to go to even be in the conversation with Garnett when it comes to talking all time greats.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that we're debating KG vs Leonard proves my point that current players are WAAAAAAAAY overvalued in these exercises. Kawhi Leonard has a long way to go to even be in the conversation with Garnett when it comes to talking all time greats.

True. I agree for the most part, but we are also talking about career apex in this exercise. That means players like Kawhi who are still playing or guys like Bill Walton who had injury shortened careers can be compared to players with full careers. Peak performance matters most. Additional seasons really just serve to validate.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you're missing the point of this argument. It's about KG playing out of position.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're missing the point of this argument. It's about KG playing out of position.

Don't worry he isnt. I agree he is a bad offense SF, but he would be playing on the block in that lineup. Defensively prime kg could cover the perimeter without issue. Against any sf.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you think players bc they have finished their whole career they are overvalued over a guy that COULD be greater. They play different positions regardless. KG was a PF. He wasnt a SF, well only for his rookie year and 2nd year

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what I get from this is players in the league that are top players and havent been in the league long are undervalued. And you can place players out of position even though in their prime they werent at that position. KG is a great defender but he isnt guarding a top SF and great offensive player on the perimeter for 35+ minutes.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think players bc they have finished their whole career they are overvalued over a guy that COULD be greater. They play different positions regardless. KG was a PF. He wasnt a SF, well only for his rookie year and 2nd year

No. I think players who have only played a few years in the league get way too much love in these exercises. Hell, look where Klay Thompson was drafted in this mock. In the 2nd round... before James Worthy and Bob Pettit. Damian Lillard was drafted before Bill Walton and Chris Webber and Chris Mullin. I mean, when all is said and done, these guys MAY prove to be worth it. But you can't say that now. Wasn't it in one of our NFL mocks where someone said ODB was a definite HOFer? How can anyone say that after 2 years?

I used to love it, thinking that it meant a better player would fall to me. Now, I realize that the same people who are drafting this way are the ones voting. And they've never heard of Earl Monroe, so they think Klay Thompson must be better. Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but I'm not far off. Just today, someone said they would take Hakeem and Anthony Davis over Wilt and Pettit. Now, Hakeem was great and AD may go down as one of the best of all time. But you can't just automatically give him 15 years of elite play like it seems so many people are doing. In this exercise Bob Pettit wipes the floor with Anthony Davis, then takes him into the locker room and wipes his ass with him. But this is only one man's opinion.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fucking tell me about it, ridiculous. Makes me lose interest fast. Also forced me to take guys like KAT(he is a superstar though) and Lillard early.

Have to play to the illogical values of many.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I think players who have only played a few years in the league get way too much love in these exercises. Hell, look where Klay Thompson was drafted in this mock. In the 2nd round... before James Worthy and Bob Pettit. Damian Lillard was drafted before Bill Walton and Chris Webber and Chris Mullin. I mean, when all is said and done, these guys MAY prove to be worth it. But you can't say that now. Wasn't it in one of our NFL mocks where someone said ODB was a definite HOFer? How can anyone say that after 2 years?

I used to love it, thinking that it meant a better player would fall to me. Now, I realize that the same people who are drafting this way are the ones voting. And they've never heard of Earl Monroe, so they think Klay Thompson must be better. Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but I'm not far off. Just today, someone said they would take Hakeem and Anthony Davis over Wilt and Pettit. Now, Hakeem was great and AD may go down as one of the best of all time. But you can't just automatically give him 15 years of elite play like it seems so many people are doing. In this exercise Bob Pettit wipes the floor with Anthony Davis, then takes him into the locker room and wipes his ass with him. But this is only one man's opinion.

Nobody is assuming anything. I think you are missing the point. This is not about projecting futures or assessing entire careers. We are evaluating players based on their best season. Nobody is going to say that Klay Thompson is higher rated than James Worthy on an all time great list because he has not played long enough to be.

However, this is not an all time great list. Klay's 2016 season is more valuable to a team than anything Worthy ever posted. 276 made 3s is the 3rd most of all time. He is an elite perimeter defender. His accomplishments THIS season are greater than any single season for Worthy.

In other words, Worthy's career is better because he sustained it over time. Klay's peak performance is worth more though, and that is what we are drafting here.

Lastly, I made a very calculated pick with Klay. I wanted an elite shooter. I knew some would consider it a reach, but I also knew that 4 of 5 teams picking on The other side of me had already taken a center. Barring a trade up, I figured I would still be able to land Petit or Walton in the 3rd. I was right.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is assuming anything. I think you are missing the point. This is not about projecting futures or assessing entire careers. We are evaluating players based on their best season. Nobody is going to say that Klay Thompson is higher rated than James Worthy on an all time great list because he has not played long enough to be.

However, this is not an all time great list. Klay's 2016 season is more valuable to a team than anything Worthy ever posted. 276 made 3s is the 3rd most of all time. He is an elite perimeter defender. His accomplishments THIS season are greater than any single season for Worthy.

In other words, Worthy's career is better because he sustained it over time. Klay's peak performance is worth more though, and that is what we are drafting here.

Lastly, I made a very calculated pick with Klay. I wanted an elite shooter. I knew some would consider it a reach, but I also knew that 4 of 5 teams picking on The other side of me had already taken a center. Barring a trade up, I figured I would still be able to land Petit or Walton in the 3rd. I was right.

The fuck????

We have never, and I mean never drafted on 1 season(accept when the idea was a 1 time best season draft, not sure if they ever did this one?). Many will look at their primes/peaks. But it's many years.

Sorry but if Klay Thompson is ever going in the first 2 rounds of an ALL TIME draft. The draft needs to be something like "guys who wore blue uniforms with a famous father and last name starting with T".

And that very much applies with Lillard who I way over reached with in whatever round it was

Seriously someone could interview for a GM position and have a better chance at getting the job by saying "if you hire me I'm gonna rail every hoe that works for this team" then saying "i would take "Thompson, Lillard etc... Over...."(all the guys we drafted over).

Just sayin.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fuck????

We have never, and I mean never drafted on 1 season(accept when the idea was a 1 time best season draft, not sure if they ever did this one?). Many will look at their primes/peaks. But it's many years.

Sorry but if Klay Thompson is ever going in the first 2 rounds of an ALL TIME draft. The draft needs to be something like "guys who wore blue uniforms with a famous father and last name starting with T".

And that very much applies with Lillard who I way over reached with in whatever round it was

Seriously someone could interview for a GM position and have a better chance at getting the job by saying "if you hire me I'm gonna rail every hoe that works for this team" then saying "i would take "Thompson, Lillard etc... Over...."(all the guys we drafted over).

Just sayin.

Say what you will, but KAT and Lillard were bigger reaches, IMO.

By the way, despite drafting Klay's skill a little early, I still managed to get 5 HOF players on my team so it isn't like I was loading up on all young guys.