• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA West Playoff Game 6 : Mebert vs Shane

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MEBERT

PG - Sam Cassell
PG - Goran Dragic
SG - Manu Ginobili
SG - Wesley Matthews
SG/SF - Andrew Wiggins
SF - Shane Battier
SF/PF - Kevin Garnett
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge
PF/C - Dirk Nowitzki
C - Rudy Gobert

VS

SHANE

PG - Jason Kidd
PG - Norm Nixon
SG - Mitch Richmond
SG - Latrell Sprewell
SF - Kawhi Leonard
SF/PF - Shawn Marion
PF - Draymond Green
PF - Serge Ibaka
PF/C - Dan Issel
C - Amare Stoudemire

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please vote for the better team.

First team to eight votes wins.

MEBERT - 7
SHANE - 4
VOTED - Ritz, Purguy, Bolts, Femur, Shane, Milk, UK, Tlance, Mebert, 500, EHB

Last edited by a moderator:

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mebert taking Garnett I feel really helps him in this matchup. I vote Mebert.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mebert

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Shane. I don't like Dirk playing center nor do I like Wiggins starting.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ernie in a battle

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess picking two way players doesn't work lol.

I'm guessing the lineups go like this:

Cassell - Kidd ---Kidd has a big mismatch, especially with size
Ginobili - Richmond --- Richmond is an all-time great shooter and very athletic
Wiggins (Garnett or Dirk at SF wouldn't work IMO) - Leonard --- So Leonard shuts down Wiggins and has a field day
Dirk - Draymond --- Dirk has the size so this is a tough matchup, but Draymond has faced taller guys and he can guard the perimeter. Dirk still goes off but not for 40 or anything lol
KG - Amare --- Advantage KG easily but lets not act like Amare didn't average 24+ for a couple years and in the MVP conversation.

And overall I think my bench has more depth, maybe it is just me lol.

Good lineup @Mebert

One vote for me :gaah:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Shane.

Not sure the big lineup would work.

I think Kawhi does a better job guarding Dirk than any of those 3 do guarding Kawhi

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Shane.

Not sure the big lineup would work.

I think Kawhi does a better job guarding Dirk than any of those 3 do guarding Kawhi

Yeah, but I don't see how putting KG or Dirk at the 3 would work. Kawhi could play good enough D, but on offense he is too quick for both those guys. Aldridge would be a bench player. KG and Dirk at PF/C

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just see:

Kidd, Richmond, and Leonard all having big mismatches. The fact you can only start 2 out of the 3 big men isn't as big of a mismatch inside for my team, but obviously still a mismatch.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just see:

Kidd, Richmond, and Leonard all having big mismatches. The fact you can only start 2 out of the 3 big men isn't as big of a mismatch inside for my team, but obviously still a mismatch.

If you think Leonard has an athletic advantage over KG you are thinking of older kg, not his prime

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mebert's lineup is clumsy. No rim protecting center and KG at SF makes little sense to me. Then again Amare at center is a disaster for Shane defensively though but Dirk isn't the type to post up down on the block. Shane has a nice edge in the backcourt. I will vote Shane.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess picking two way players doesn't work lol.

I'm guessing the lineups go like this:

Cassell - Kidd ---Kidd has a big mismatch, especially with size
Ginobili - Richmond --- Richmond is an all-time great shooter and very athletic
Wiggins (Garnett or Dirk at SF wouldn't work IMO) - Leonard --- So Leonard shuts down Wiggins and has a field day
Dirk - Draymond --- Dirk has the size so this is a tough matchup, but Draymond has faced taller guys and he can guard the perimeter. Dirk still goes off but not for 40 or anything lol
KG - Amare --- Advantage KG easily but lets not act like Amare didn't average 24+ for a couple years and in the MVP conversation.

Cassell - Kidd ----Kidd does have an advantage, but it has nothing to do with size. Cassell was known for posting up smaller PG's because of his size. Kidd wins in running an offense and on sefense though

Giniboli - Richmond ---Richmond is an all time great shooter, but Giniboli is an all time great facilitaor and playmaker and and Awesome defensive player.

KG - Leonard -----KG was an AMAZING sf in his younger days. He slowed down a lot and that is what people remember, but defensively he can lock down just about any SF with his length and athleticism. And on offense he would not be on the perimeter.

Alderidge - Draymond -----This is a fun matchup, I think Green has a slight advantage

Dirk - Amare ---- Amare bullies dirk down low, but he can't guard dirk either. My guess is Green/Dirk, Amare Alderidge is your more likely defensive pairing.

How my offense works: I have seen a few comments about my team fitting together poorly let me correct that. Dirk spends little time down low, he hangs around the perimeter, and sets some screens off ball sometimes to initiate action. He would play where he is strongest.

My post is KG and Alderidge on the high/low block setting down screens for each other. Both of them are all time great at the mid-range jump shot for big men and play well with their back to the basket. That tandem down is down right scary. They own the entire center, and there is nowhere they can't score from

Cassell/Ginobili/Dragic break down the perimeter, drive and dish. All 3 are amazing at penetration, and them doing that paired with the down screens between my post involves a lot of switches.

This offense is a juggernaut that would be damn near impossible to stop.

On defense KG is the ideal defender there, not great on the offense side for that, but he does not play that way in this offense. He could shut down damn near any forward, small or power. The one spot my team is weak is for a penetrating PG, Cassell is not great at defense and I do not have a great rim protector down low. Luckily in this case Kidds game was not about that so I am fine.

In the case of a PG that does play that kind of game Alderidge sits and Gobert becomes the center, which is the exact presence needed to stop that kind of attack.