• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Players From Earth Draft : CHAT

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate this he said this... when do players ever say something bad about a player who does well?? Hell, if i played basketball vs a 10 year old, and beat him 21-0 i would still say that that player was great for a 10 year old...
Let's see...He scored 46 on a US team that included David Robinson and Danny Manning. He also AVERAGED over 42 ppg in the 92 Olympics... won by the Dream Team. How's that working for your Milk vs a 10 year old argument lol

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Croatia, Spain, Angola, The Dream Team, Germany, Lithuania, Puerto Rico and Australia.

Those are the teams Schmidt played against for the stats you are using. 8 games in an International Tournement which his team didn't make the medal round in. (He scored 198 points in those 92 Olympics. Which is less than 25 a game. (4assists and 28 rebounds total over those 8 games also.)And his team lost by 44 to the US. (And 28 to Lithuania)I'm guessing there was about as much D as an All Star game in the second half.)

He's not going to go over any better than Saduhara Oh does in MLB drafts. And I only remember Ritz drafting him once. (Satchel Paige is never a high pick in MLB drafts. And he did play in MLB. Josh Gibson seldom gets drafted. I cant remember the last time anyone took him.)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't think of an ABA player that gets drafted who didn't play in the NBA. A huge chunk of the ABA teams are NBA teams now.

I couldn't name a team Schmidt played for or against outside of International play.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I can name a majority of Pacific League Baseball teams though.

The Hanshin Tigers being my favorite, obviously.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have always had a rule they had to actually play in the pro league I thought.

Ritz wanted to draft some Russian hockey player last draft.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Half of his assists during the 92 Olympics did come against the U.S. He had Two that game. With Four turnovers.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Croatia, Spain, Angola, The Dream Team, Germany, Lithuania, Puerto Rico and Australia.

Those are the teams Schmidt played against for the stats you are using. 8 games in an International Tournement which his team didn't make the medal round in. (He scored 198 points in those 92 Olympics. Which is less than 25 a game. (4assists and 28 rebounds total over those 8 games also.)And his team lost by 44 to the US. (And 28 to Lithuania)I'm guessing there was about as much D as an All Star game in the second half.)

He's not going to go over any better than Saduhara Oh does in MLB drafts. And I only remember Ritz drafting him once. (Satchel Paige is never a high pick in MLB drafts. And he did play in MLB. Josh Gibson seldom gets drafted. I cant remember the last time anyone took him.)
So absurd. If Schmidt and Michael Jordan had switched teams, Michael Jordan's team would have gotten their doors blown off by 30 points. Would MJ not know D? And the guys you talked about....Josh Gibson in his prime was as good as Babe Ruth, Paige was as good as Bob Feller and Oh was as good as Hank Aaron
If Dirk hadn't played in the NBA, I guess he would be another Darko Milicic in your book....

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't think of an ABA player that gets drafted who didn't play in the NBA. A huge chunk of the ABA teams are NBA teams now.

I couldn't name a team Schmidt played for or against outside of International play.
So because you are clueless about basketball played outside the US, the guy couldn't have been any good? Onward through the fog....
Oh, and my bad, it was the 88 Olympics where he averaged 42 a game. Only 25 a game in 92. What a scrub

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone care aboot European Leagues? Or wherever it was that paid Schmidt to play?

So absurd. If Schmidt and Michael Jordan had switched teams, Michael Jordan's team would have gotten their doors blown off by 30 points. Would MJ not know D? And the guys you talked about....Josh Gibson in his prime was as good as Babe Ruth, Paige was as good as Bob Feller and Oh was as good as Hank Aaron
If Dirk hadn't played in the NBA, I guess he would be another Darko Milicic in your book....
Nobody would ever vote anything along the lines of the comparisons you made. But I do think Paige and Wilson would have been great if they'd been allowed to play against all the white players, during their prime.

I'd imagine Oh could have been an MLB starter. No idea what kind of numbers he would have put up. Since he basically played his entire career an the AA - AAA level.

If Dirk hadn't played in the NBA, he'd be another Oscar Schmidt to me. (Dirk is a great shooter, but I don't put him on the level that some will here.)

Darko was a two pack a day rich kid with no heart. But I wouldn't be surprised if he got drafted. Once he got into his 20's he was a "decent" NBA player.(I'm using the word decent lossely.). There will be worse 12th men.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because you are clueless about basketball played outside the US, the guy couldn't have been any good? Onward through the fog....
Oh, and my bad, it was the 88 Olympics where he averaged 42 a game. Only 25 a game in 92. What a scrub
There weren't any NBA players in the 88 Olympics, were there? I know we had college kids, I don't know if there were Foreign NBA'ers or not.

But either way, Olympic stats aren't much of a sample size.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone care aboot European Leagues? Or wherever it was that paid Schmidt to play?

Nobody would ever vote anything along the lines of the comparisons you made. But I do think Paige and Wilson would have been great if they'd been allowed to play against all the white players, during their prime.

I'd imagine Oh could have been an MLB starter. No idea what kind of numbers he would have put up. Since he basically played his entire career an the AA - AAA level.

If Dirk hadn't played in the NBA, he'd be another Oscar Schmidt to me. (Dirk is a great shooter, but I don't put him on the level that some will here.)

Darko was a two pack a day rich kid with no heart. But I wouldn't be surprised if he got drafted. Once he got into his 20's he was a "decent" NBA player.(I'm using the word decent lossely.). There will be worse 12th men.
Listen to yourself..."If Dirk hadn't played in the NBA, he'd be another Schmidt to me''....rest my case
Yeah, I'm sure that Barry Bonds fella that hit 800 HR's in the ***** leagues was good, be he wasn't Mike Trout....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen to yourself..."If Dirk hadn't played in the NBA, he'd be another Schmidt to me''....rest my case
Yeah, I'm sure that Barry Bonds fella that hit 800 HR's in the ***** leagues was good, be he wasn't Mike Trout....

I was calling Hypothetical Dirk an unknown with no stats.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,046.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all heard about Manute Bol's son? Big man with guard skills.