• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Fouts did get in on his first try, had to look the info up. But Namath wasn't a 1st ballot HOFer. Retired in '77 and got into the HOF in '85. Isn't the waiting period to get in 6 years?

As far as Namath though he's gotta be the only HOFer in there literally due to one win. But it was a very big win.

Yep. Changed the sport.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Fouts did get in on his first try, had to look the info up.

Interesting that it's Chargers QB's that could be first ballot hall of fame with losing playoff records. lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Rivers is a first ballot HOFer. He'll get in someday. He may have been more talented, but he didn't have a better career than BigBen.

And another QB from the same draft class that will get in before Rivers is Eli. Sure he's the definition of an averaged QB, 117-117 during his career. But he pulled off arguably the greatest S.B. upset since Joe Willie & Jets by shocking that undefeated Pats team.
Eh, I can get behind this. I think Rivers is on the fence as a 1st ballot hall of famer. Eli had great defenses and a great coach behind him with those 2 Super Bowls. Rivers is better than Eli when you compare their careers. Super bowl rings aren’t the end all be all of comparing QBs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won’t go there. Big Ben edges out Rivers. Rivers was never fortunate to be part of a stable franchise like Big Ben was.

Yeah, spending his virtually his entire career with the Chargers is like an NBA player spending their entire career with the Clippers under Sterling...they get credit for higher degree of difficulty for overcoming stupidity in the FO.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that it's Chargers QB's that could be first ballot hall of fame with losing playoff records. lol

Never said it was impossible. But I'd be surprised if PR gets in on his first try.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I can get behind this. I think Rivers is on the fence as a 1st ballot hall of famer. Eli had great defenses and a great coach behind him with those 2 Super Bowls. Rivers is better than Eli when you compare their careers. Super bowl rings aren’t the end all be all of comparing QBs.

Oh there's no question Rivers > Eli. But Eli's two rings are the reason he's gonna get in. I just think it's gonna be difficult for PR to get in on his first try when he's started more playoff games at QB than anyone else without a S.B. trip. That's a bad stat.

Fair or not QB's are judged on their rings to a certain extent. And I'm not saying PR isn't HOF worthy, he is.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh there's no question Rivers > Eli. But Eli's two rings are the reason he's gonna get in. I just think it's gonna be difficult for PR to get in on his first try when he's started more playoff games at QB than anyone else without a S.B. trip. That's a bad stat.

Fair or not QB's are judged on their rings to a certain extent. And I'm not saying PR isn't HOF worthy, he is.
Oh, Eli is getting in for sure. I thought we were arguing if Eli was better than Rivers. I’d argue against that to my grave.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James apologizes after Magic Johnson criticism, 37-point loss to the Nuggets

LeBron apologized to Lakers fans yesterday. Then there's Westbrick, what a schmuck.

"I don't have a reaction. Everybody is entitled, in this world, to their opinion . Regardless of what it is. You can either take it and run with it or you can take it and put in one ear and out the other or you cannot respond to it."

"Magic's entitled to his opinion. And he's not here every day. He's not aware of what's going on internally with us and trying to figure things out. But I have no response to that...like I said, everyone in this world is entitled to their opinion and that's that."

I don't really see a problem with what he said. Fair or not, the overwhelming majority of the criticism the Lakers have been getting has been about him. No one ever mentions that, in many ways, he's trying to completely change how he's played his whole career.

And frankly, I've been saying that Magic needs to just stfu for awhile now.

All things considered, he's probably better off just not saying anything at all, or giving some cliche'd response. But his response was more "real" than Lebron's, imo.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, Eli is getting in for sure. I thought we were arguing if Eli was better than Rivers. I’d argue against that to my grave.

Oh hell no. I would never say that Eli was better than Rivers.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really see a problem with what he said. Fair or not, the overwhelming majority of the criticism the Lakers have been getting has been about him. No one ever mentions that, in many ways, he's trying to completely change how he's played his whole career.

All things considered, he's probably better off just not saying anything at all, or giving some cliche'd response. But his response was more "real" than Lebron's, imo.

It would have been funny if Russ told Magic to STFU.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I don’t see a problem with it either.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I better watch out, a lot of angry people around here (Dallas area). I will keep my mouth shut
lmfao got a friend who stays in Lewisville(Dallas/Ft. Worth area) who's a Chiefs fan, but married a gal who's a dyed-in-the-wool Cowboys fan. Claims he's living in a hornet's nest right now...:pound: