• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BigBen had a 1st ballot HOF career. I still laugh at people that say Phillip Rivers was better.

So did Phillip Rivers. He just played his entire career in an organization run by idiots. Imo, Rivers was the more talented player.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak saying it was ok for fans to throw shit at the refs is embarrassing. To make it more embarrassing is everyone in the media thinking it was funny but had a ref happened to get hit and injured by an object then they would all act so concerned

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak saying it was ok for fans to throw shit at the refs is embarrassing. To make it more embarrassing is everyone in the media thinking it was funny but had a ref happened to get hit and injured by an object then they would all act so concerned

lol

So he makes a dumbass play that costs his team one last play, tries to shift blame to the refs and then doubles down on stupid by saying throwing shit at the refs was okay.

I wonder what he'd say if they were throwing shit at him for that dumbass play?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

So he makes a dumbass play that costs his team one last play, tries to shift blame to the refs and then doubles down on stupid by saying throwing shit at the refs was okay.

I wonder what he'd say if they were throwing shit at him for that dumbass play?
I thought the same. Hell, even Jerry Jones' constantly drunk ass had to "measure" his words after that loss...:lol:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did Phillip Rivers. He just played his entire career in an organization run by idiots. Imo, Rivers was the more talented player.

I don't think Rivers is a first ballot HOFer. He'll get in someday. He may have been more talented, but he didn't have a better career than BigBen.

And another QB from the same draft class that will get in before Rivers is Eli. Sure he's the definition of an averaged QB, 117-117 during his career. But he pulled off arguably the greatest S.B. upset since Joe Willie & Jets by shocking that undefeated Pats team.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Rivers is a first ballot HOFer. He'll get in someday. He may have been more talented, but he didn't have a better career than BigBen.

Where a player ends up matters. If Rivers goes to Pittsburgh, he has Big Bens career at worst. If Big Ben goes to San Diego, he ends up with Rivers career.

I think both are first ballot.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the same. Hell, even Jerry Jones' constantly drunk ass had to "measure" his words after that loss...:lol:

I really like the fact that Jerry's Boyz haven't played in a conference title game since the 90's. Murica's Team? Calling bullshit on that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where a player ends up matters. If Rivers goes to Pittsburgh, he has Big Bens career at worst. If Big Ben goes to San Diego, he ends up with Rivers career.

I think both are first ballot.

Has any QB been a 1st ballot HOFer with a below .500 playoff record? :noidea:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my thought/opinion on Rivers and how he sizes up to Big Ben. Rivers imo might have had better vision, but definitely not better throwing mechanics or pocket presence. Hell, Rivers was a sitting duck in the pocket a good chunk of the latter half of his career. And the bulk of his numbers came from a time when the AFC West at it's crappiest. I mean, there were times the Chargers won the Division after going 8-8, so it kinda tells the story...

and yes, you get your numbers from whoever it is that's in front of you, but still...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dan Fouts was 3-4. Pretty sure he was first ballot.

Joe Namath had a losing regular season record (62-63-4) and he was 2-1 in the playoffs. After his 2nd season, he never made the playoffs again.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Joe Namath had a losing regular season record (62-63-4) and he was 2-1 in the playoffs. After his 2nd season, he never made the playoffs again.
Yeah but he called his one and only shot lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my thought/opinion on Rivers and how he sizes up to Big Ben. Rivers imo might have had better vision, but definitely not better throwing mechanics or pocket presence. Hell, Rivers was a sitting duck in the pocket a good chunk of the latter half of his career. And the bulk of his numbers came from a time when the AFC West at it's crappiest. I mean, there were times the Chargers won the Division after going 8-8, so it kinda tells the story...

and yes, you get your numbers from whoever it is that's in front of you, but still...

LeBron James apologizes after Magic Johnson criticism, 37-point loss to the Nuggets

LeBron apologized to Lakers fans yesterday. Then there's Westbrick, what a schmuck.

"I don't have a reaction. Everybody is entitled, in this world, to their opinion . Regardless of what it is. You can either take it and run with it or you can take it and put in one ear and out the other or you cannot respond to it."

"Magic's entitled to his opinion. And he's not here every day. He's not aware of what's going on internally with us and trying to figure things out. But I have no response to that...like I said, everyone in this world is entitled to their opinion and that's that."

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James apologizes after Magic Johnson criticism, 37-point loss to the Nuggets

LeBron apologized to Lakers fans yesterday. Then there's Westbrick, what a schmuck.

"I don't have a reaction. Everybody is entitled, in this world, to their opinion . Regardless of what it is. You can either take it and run with it or you can take it and put in one ear and out the other or you cannot respond to it."

"Magic's entitled to his opinion. And he's not here every day. He's not aware of what's going on internally with us and trying to figure things out. But I have no response to that...like I said, everyone in this world is entitled to their opinion and that's that."
yeah, hard to make excuses for cats saying shit like that...:L

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep Fouts did get in on his first try, had to look the info up. But Namath wasn't a 1st ballot HOFer. Retired in '77 and got into the HOF in '85. Isn't the waiting period to get in 6 years?

As far as Namath though he's gotta be the only HOFer in there literally due to one win. But it was a very big win.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Fouts did get in on his first try, had to look the info up. But Namath wasn't a 1st ballot HOFer. Retired in '77 and got into the HOF in '85. Isn't the waiting period to get in 6 years?

As far as Namath though he's gotta be the only HOFer in there literally due to one win. But it was a very big win.
first one for the AFL back then. It was kind of a big deal...

especially considering how heavily the Baltimore Colts were favored in that game...