• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team trading for him has to be willing to take his contract.
Of course but he only has $8M left on this contract but they can essentially cut him after this season. $0 dead cap the next 2 years. I guess the sticking point was the Browns didn't want to pay that $8M or most of that money this season...as far as the Saints rumors goes.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odell just played his final snap in Cleveland

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course but he only has $8M left on this contract but they can essentially cut him after this season. $0 dead cap the next 2 years. I guess the sticking point was the Browns didn't want to pay that $8M or most of that money this season...as far as the Saints rumors goes.
Looking like the Browns might be pulling another NBA move and just paying him to stay away.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup. Plus i'm hearing Nevada laws ain't no joke...

boy's goin' down H-A-R-D...

Heard that what he's charged with could carry a sentence of 2 - 22 years. Looks like if he's convicted he'll be getting closer to the 22 than the 2.

Dudes only 22 years old.

I just don't get it. He could have literally pushed one button on his phone and had a ride home. I'm not even talking about Uber/Lyft, I believe that the NFL has it's own service for NFL personnel. He probably could have even had them bring someone to drive his car home for him.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard that what he's charged with could carry a sentence of 2 - 22 years. Looks like if he's convicted he'll be getting closer to the 22 than the 2.

Dudes only 22 years old.

I just don't get it. He could have literally pushed one button on his phone and had a ride home. I'm not even talking about Uber/Lyft, I believe that the NFL has it's own service for NFL personnel. He probably could have even had them bring someone to drive his car home for him.

In our early 20's, we think we're invincible and that the DUI stories would never be one of us (on either side). That's probably where Ruggs is at in terms of mindset. But yeah, he had every tool in the world. Hell, the Raiders alone would've had anyone come pick him up, drive his car as well, and stop off at Taco Bell on the way to his house.

Overall an unfortunate situation for all involved.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In our early 20's, we think we're invincible and that the DUI stories would never be one of us (on either side). That's probably where Ruggs is at in terms of mindset. But yeah, he had every tool in the world. Hell, the Raiders alone would've had anyone come pick him up, drive his car as well, and stop off at Taco Bell on the way to his house.

Overall an unfortunate situation for all involved.

Yep. That's true. When I was in my 20's, I just knew I was invincible. lol

I know the NFL and the teams that draft these guys do orientations, etc. designed to help these guys with some of the potential issues they can face...just wish there was a way to get all of them to actually listen.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was not following unvaccinated protocols yes, and if the Packers allowed it a huge fine should happen.

And you have to assume he wasn't or else why would you lie about being vaccinated? Be like Cousins and Beasley. Own it and move on. Simple

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That's true. When I was in my 20's, I just knew I was invincible. lol

I know the NFL and the teams that draft these guys do orientations, etc. designed to help these guys with some of the potential issues they can face...just wish there was a way to get all of them to actually listen.
This kid is what my old football coach would call “double dumb”. It’s when you compound mistakes or when you ignore repeated warnings. Part of why Saban is a lights out recruiter is because he convinces families that he can develop their kids as football players but he can also prepare them for what to expect at the next level. This kind of education you speak of occurs quite often at Alabama under Saban’s direction. So Ruggs had this same crash course in how to be twice and it never took.