• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It surprises the fuck outta me Miami and FSU can't get the right coach and get their programs back on track.

Chip finally has the Bruins playing well....

FSU got cheap with Fisher. Fisher allowed an entitled culture to set in over time. Since then, they've been cursed by coaches that can't fix it. Getting rid of a bad culture is hard in CFB. Once that's set in, it's arguably the most challenging aspect of a job. Miami's been dealing with it since Larry Coker was fired, he allowed the rot to set in.

Miami's problems are deeper than FSU and USC's. USC has failed in its coaching search since Pete Carrol (I can't throw stones, Miami's been failing at a higher clip than they have). USC has shown it'll adjust though, they'll eventually get it right. FSU is similar, but they're in that next tier of trouble, money is their problem. They are hampered by a significant buyout to Willie Taggart and have Mike Norvell who is another high-priced coach; FSU is bleeding for money. But they'll do what they have to do.

Miami has it worst than both programs. Miami's administration has apathy towards its programs coupled with cronyism and nepotism. Backtracking to the early 2000's, Miami had a crap basketball program; but an elite title-level football program as well as a baseball program at the same tier. Once Paul Dee died, so went Miami's programs. Miami as an administration, promoted a ticket salesman to the AD position. Richt retired because he was burnt out, and left $20 million of his buyout on the table and walked away. We panicked and hired Manny Diaz from a failed coaching staff....yes, that happened. We did a 4-hour search, and settled on Manny Diaz. In year 1, lost to FIU and shut out by La Tech (not LSU, folks, La Tech). Further, one of the most prominent booster's son is the HC of the baseball program, and we've experienced our largest transfer activity of outbound players in the history of the basketball program. The BOT (board of trustees) is reactive only when the fans start ratcheting up the noise. That's happening now. And credit to ESPN for helping with this.

But that's my rant.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess Tomlin is removing his name from consideration.

He was asked about the USC job and, sounding almost insulted, basically said..."I have one of the greatest jobs in the world. Why would I want to go coach college football?". He also said "This is the only time I'm addressing this" "there isn't a paycheck big enough" and "Never say never...never".

lol
I did hear him say this and even better hearing it. Inclined to believe him.

That said, the next guy to say he's considering another position while still employed might be the first.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC has failed in its coaching search since Pete Carrol (I can't throw stones, Miami's been failing at a higher clip than they have). USC has shown it'll adjust though, they'll eventually get it right.

That's what's kind of funny about USC, when we get it right...we get it really, really right and win National Championships and Heisman trophies. But the only time we've gotten it right with back to back coaches was when John Robinson followed John McKay. Seems like it ends up being about every 3 or 4th coach...so we should be due. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did hear him say this and even better hearing it. Inclined to believe him.

That said, the next guy to say he's considering another position while still employed might be the first.

True, but if they're considering it (or want their employer to think they are) they usually say something along the lines of "Guys, I'm just focused on getting this team ready for our next opponent..." or "I'll address those kinds of things after the season". Of course, the more experienced coaches, combine the 2. lol

That's about as strong a denial as I've ever heard.

Or maybe it's a case of "Methinks thou doth protest too much". lol

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jameis haters been quiet
It’s not like there has been a ton to talk about either way. They aren’t winning a playoff game with him tbough.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but if they're considering it (or want their employer to think they are) they usually say something along the lines of "Guys, I'm just focused on getting this team ready for our next opponent..." or "I'll address those kinds of things after the season". Of course, the more experienced coaches, combine the 2. lol

Did you get to hear the audio? He was animated enough to make it more believable and it was funny.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tomlin reacted exactly the way he should have. It was a joke to think he had the least but of interest.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jameis haters been quiet
He is what he is. I did say if he could protect the ball they will games, to this point, that is correct. The stat line is crazy to me- low completion pct and low yardage. 13 freaking td's to one pick. They seem to throw a lot in the RZ. That's why I don't look at stats. He has been good, nothing special but that's with the Saints need- a game manager and having a pretty easy schedule to this point helps.

The next 4 out of 6 games will really show what this team is made of- TB, ATL, TEN, PHI, BUF, DAL. I still don't think 10-11 wins is crazy, and their schedule isn't crazy. The West seems top heavy but maybe some teams emerge. It's really just Minny. Atlanta and maybe Carolina as of right now that would be fighting with N.O. for a 6-7th playoff spot so not really tough competition. 10-7/11-6 gets them in.

You have Dallas, Arizona, GB, LA Rams, Bucs that look to be the top 6 clear best teams in the NFC, in any order.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin reacted exactly the way he should have. It was a joke to think he had the least but of interest.

lol

I don't know as that he needed to react THAT strongly. But he definitely made his thoughts very clear on the matter. lol

The funny thing is, Carson Palmer said he was a "wild card" in the search and that his name had been discussed. People reacted like they were in negotiations or something.

I'm sure all kinds of names have been discussed. I even heard the obligatory Jeff Fisher reference today. Obligatory because I can't remember a USC coaching search where his name hasn't come up. If they were looking for a Women's tennis coach, his name would probably come up. lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is what he is. I did say if he could protect the ball they will games, to this point, that is correct. The stat line is crazy to me- low completion pct and low yardage. 13 freaking td's to one pick. They seem to throw a lot in the RZ. That's why I don't look at stats. He has been good, nothing special but that's with the Saints need- a game manager and having a pretty easy schedule to this point helps.

The next 4 out of 6 games will really show what this team is made of- TB, ATL, TEN, PHI, BUF, DAL. I still don't think 10-11 wins is crazy, and their schedule isn't crazy. The West seems top heavy but maybe some teams emerge. It's really just Minny. Atlanta and maybe Carolina as of right now that would be fighting with N.O. for a 6-7th playoff spot so not really tough competition. 10-7/11-6 gets them in.

You have Dallas, Arizona, GB, LA Rams, Bucs that look to be the top 6 clear best teams in the NFC, in any order.

Solid points but wasn't directed at you. Talking about those who come here when the saints lose to criticize Jameis

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid points but wasn't directed at you. Talking about those who come here when the saints lose to criticize Jameis
In case you missed it....I just moved to Nashville.

Lots to do when you have a big move like that.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

I don't know as that he needed to react THAT strongly. But he definitely made his thoughts very clear on the matter. lol

The funny thing is, Carson Palmer said he was a "wild card" in the search and that his name had been discussed. People reacted like they were in negotiations or something.

I'm sure all kinds of names have been discussed. I even heard the obligatory Jeff Fisher reference today. Obligatory because I can't remember a USC coaching search where his name hasn't come up. If they were looking for a Women's tennis coach, his name would probably come up. lol
Has a coach ever quit an nfl job for a college job?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they absolutely have WR help coming in a couple weeks. I still don’t see it.

Need another one imo. Good thing is with this defense they just need to score 20-24