• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you beat the curse? To me it is just making the playoffs.
Sure, and some teams do. But I think more than half do not even do that. Haven't bothered to check. Take out the Patriots and I can't think of a team that lost the SB and was good the next year.

Lately Niners, Rams, looks like the Chiefs...all hit by the curse

Going back a bit further the Falcons did make the playoffs after their recent loss but didn't do much.

Before that, Carolina...missed the playoffs. Seattle made them but didn't do much. Etc.

So maybe the curse isn't that bad, maybe you make the playoffs sometimes. But you don't do dick unless you are the Patriots.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, and some teams do. But I think more than half do not even do that. Haven't bothered to check. Take out the Patriots and I can't think of a team that lost the SB and was good the next year.

Lately Niners, Rams, looks like the Chiefs...all hit by the curse

Going back a bit further the Falcons did make the playoffs after their recent loss but didn't do much.

Before that, Carolina...missed the playoffs. Seattle made them but didn't do much. Etc.

So maybe the curse isn't that bad, maybe you make the playoffs sometimes. But you don't do dick unless you are the Patriots.
I would say just making the playoffs (especially if you won the division and/or a playoff game) far better than "not doing dick". I'd say you have to miss the playoffs entirely to mean the curse got you...just my opinion.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say just making the playoffs (especially if you won the division and/or a playoff game) far better than "not doing dick". I'd say you have to miss the playoffs entirely to mean the curse got you...just my opinion.
I'm being kind of tongue in cheek here, I don't really believe in 'curses'...but it does seem if you lose a SB and you aren't Tom Brady, you are going to have a disappointing year the next year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just did some research for the past 10 years.
2011 Steelers went 8-8
2012 Pats did good. Made it to AFC title game
2013 49ers made it to the NFC title game. 12-4 regular season
2014 Broncos were successful as well. 12-4 regular season.
2015 Seahawks went 10-6 and made it to divisional round
2016 Panthers did horrible. 6-10 season
2017 Falcons didn't have a great season but did manage to sneak into the playoffs and win a round.
2018 Pats won the SB as you stated
2019 Rams was a mirror image to the falcons. Not a great year but made it in and won a round.
2020 49ers were bad due to injurie

So to summarize it isn't as bad as it used to me. The teams usually make it back to the playoffs and usually win a round

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep that's the way I look at it as well. Hard enough to win in the league where if you make it back to the playoffs and win a round/or was good enough to earn a bye week then that is no curse.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhhhh, that sounds fucking painful. Good luck.
Thanks man Was not a lot of fun It’s open surgery and easier than replacement but still not fun I had my gall bladder removed a few years ago so even though I stopped eating at midnight the night before my stomach was full of bile when surgery started Apparently I was puking They had to put a tube down my throat to my stomach and a catheter Neither of which were predicted Not a lot of fun let me tell you I got discharged today at least and am at my parents for a couple days

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks man Was not a lot of fun It’s open surgery and easier than replacement but still not fun I had my gall bladder removed a few years ago so even though I stopped eating at midnight the night before my stomach was full of bile when surgery started Apparently I was puking They had to put a tube down my throat to my stomach and a catheter Neither of which were predicted Not a lot of fun let me tell you I got discharged today at least and am at my parents for a couple days
Y'all may call me old, but i've never been under the knife...

course i USED to say i never broke a bone in my life either til i actually broke a finger playing basketball. hmm, maybe i better not push my luck...

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Wamu they got Chips Ahoy, Nutter butter edibles and also Nacho and Cool Ranch Doritos?

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.