• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's an unfortunate level of dumb in the league. These guys will adjust to the taunting rules, but slowly.

NFL need to make some adjustments to it IMO. It is a competitive sport so there will be talking

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua is really injury prone

That "offensive line" really hung him out to dry. He was getting peppered early by the Bills. It's not like anyone's ribs are tougher than another player's. He is slight though, which was the concern with guys like him and especially the smaller QBs that run more often like Kyler and Lamar.

At least by trading down in this year's draft, the Dolphins have the capital to move up this year for a QB (or trade for someone like Watson if/when his issues are past).

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Probably not. You guys are kinda weird. I haven't seen a single opinion here that has ever questioned whether Mayfield is a legit NFL starter and a top half of the league QB. You guys seem to get your back up if people push back on the opinion that he’s a star or a top 10 QB. Nothing wrong with that but being real, he’s just not that guy.

Then you've missed me saying several times Mayfield's one good season last year means very little. He needs to have repeat success. And if he's not currently around 14/15 or so list the QB's from 16 down that you'd put ahead of him.

You wanna know if Mayfield's a legit starter in the league? Without a doubt. He proved that last year. Look what he did his rookie year. As a starter for team that went 0-16 a year before he got there he went 6-7. And the Browns only had four total wins in '15, '16 & '17.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL need to make some adjustments to it IMO. It is a competitive sport so there will be talking

They've already doubled-down in the media, saying they aren't changing the rule.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think he has done enough to be warranted "that guy" yet- but I absolutely think he will.

He came to a team that was historically inept, he has had nothing but turnover until recently with his coaching staff, yet is the leader of a Browns team that some have picked to compete for the Super Bowl.

that doesnt happen without him. That doesnt happen if he is Kirk Cousins. His value is more than many people think- I hear on the radio all the time national guys saying hes "not the guy"- but I think he is going to prove that he is "that guy"

we shall see.
And quite honestly, I think that’s where this comes from from Browns fan. Your QB position has been utter and complete dog shit forever. Once a competent NFL starter comes to town you’re overblowing who the guy is.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you've missed me saying several times Mayfield's one good season last year means very little. He needs to have repeat success. And if he's not currently around 14/15 or so list the QB's from 16 down that you'd put ahead of him.

You wanna know if Mayfield's a legit starter in the league? Without a doubt. He proved that last year. And look what he did his rookie year. As a starter for team that went 0-16 a year before he got there he went 6-7. And the Browns only had four total wins in '15, '16 & '17.

Those bad records also indicate a flood of high draft picks to build the team around Baker, do they not? Unless of course they picked poorly...(which they did at QB at least one before recently).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've already doubled-down in the media, saying they aren't changing the rule.

Yeah I saw that but it is only week 2 so if they continue to call nonsense like they did in week 2 then I think they will make some adjustments. Last season they had 9 taunting penalties. Right now they're at 11 and on pace for about 100. Need to understand people don't watch games for the refs

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I saw that but it is only week 2 so if they continue to call nonsense like they did in week 2 then I think they will make some adjustments. Last season they had 9 taunting penalties. Right now they're at 11 and on pace for about 100. Need to understand people don't watch games for the refs

The answer is not to taunt, not to stop calling it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those bad records also indicate a flood of high draft picks to build the team around Baker, do they not? Unless of course they picked poorly...(which they did at QB at least one before recently).

Okay Mayfield sucks and shouldn't be in the league. Is that better? I know you're trolling me right now. So if you want I'll play your little game. In that Celtics threads you got the issues, yet again, because I made fun of your beloved Lakers.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay Mayfield sucks and shouldn't be in the league. Is that better? I know you're trolling me right now. So if you want I'll play your little game. In that Celtics threads you got the issues, yet again, because I made fun of your beloved Lakers.

Drugs are bad, m'kay?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe on a week-in-and-week-out basis during the regular season- but in the playoffs- you have to compete with the high powered offenses and throw the ball down the field and stretch the field.

without LAndry and OBJ they cant do that. Without them the ceiling is pretty good team. With them you have a chance at the whole enchilada

you cant run the ball to a championship in todays NFL.

Sure.

I think we would agree that while the Browns are a Super Bowl contender this season, they are not a top tier contender in the level of the Chiefs, Bucs, etc.

Saying a 2nd tier contender needs all their major pieces healthy to win a title is basically assumed.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

I think we would agree that while the Browns are a Super Bowl contender this season, they are not a top tier contender in the level of the Chiefs, Bucs, etc.

Saying a 2nd tier contender needs all their major pieces healthy to win a title is basically assumed.
I would actually put TB in their own tier...if one of their WR's go down they are fine and their defense is still damn good (secondary concerns). If Hill or Kelce goes down, that's it. Now they will still be a damn good team but that's like 60% of Mahomes' targets, he will find other guys but Hill and Kelce might be the two best weapons in football.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drugs are bad, m'kay?

You got all this started today. Not my problem you're cranky. It's a nice day, listening to some Motown on vinyl and have a brisket in my smoker. You're trollish goofy game isn't working on me. You've singled me out in two threads this morning. So if you choose to continue to make a clown outta yourself by all means keep on keepin' on, it's funny.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and there are those that take the suggestion that he's not top 10 currently as a personal jab. If he isn't elite now (as you agreed above), where is the disconnect here?

In reality, it's a passing game that is elite more than just the QB in most cases. If Mahomes had been drafted by the Dolphins, Detroit, or Jets, is he still an annual MVP candidate? Calling Josh elite at this stage in his career is jumping the gun too IMO. Beyond Brady/Rodgers/Mahomes.....?
Not sure who has taken it as a personal jab if someone says Baker not top 10. Agree with the rest.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expect players to be robots basically. Makes sense

Always the extreme with you.

No one has said that players should be robots. Posting shit no one has said is weak.

You can't have taunting because that leads to bigger issues and then players are getting into fights and getting kicked out of games. At the same time, the vast majority of fans don't want to see the emotion legislated out of the game.

The solution is pretty simple...if you're a player and you want to celebrate a good play, do it away from anyone on the opposing team. Standing over a guy, getting in a guys face, etc. is going to get a flag for the reasons already stated.

Also, if you're down 35-10 late in the 4th quarter and you just caught a 3 yard out for a first down...you probably shouldn't be jumping up and giving the 1st down signal. Same applies to touchdowns. If your touchdown just made the score 35-10 instead of 35-3...we probably don't need to see your new touchdown dance.

But, if it's a close game, you just made a good play and want to let out a little emotion...no problem.

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Probably not. You guys are kinda weird. I haven’t seen a single opinion here that has ever questioned whether Mayfield is a legit NFL starter and a top half of the league QB. You guys seem to get your back up if people push back on the opinion that he’s a star or a top 10 QB. Nothing wrong with that but being real, he’s just not that guy.
Might not be, also not sure I've seen anyone push back so hard if someone says not a star or top 10. saying he can never be top 10, a star or elite? Maybe would get some push back.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And quite honestly, I think that’s where this comes from from Browns fan. Your QB position has been utter and complete dog shit forever. Once a competent NFL starter comes to town you’re overblowing who the guy is.
Not really. Couch was competent. No one thought this highly of him. Hell, DA had a Pro Bowl caliber season in 2007 and most Browns fans knew he was nothing special.

Nice try, though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a lot of high picks since the return but did it really get us anywhere before last season?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while i agree its generally weak sauce- every single one of those was directed towards the opposing team

you can still celebrate- you just cant do it towards the other team. I dont think thats unreasonable.