• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know too much. I can’t put Roseman in there until he gets better at the draft. It seems like the only position he can draft is DT and OL and OL is really Howie doing what Stoudtland wants. Howie is incredible though with cap management and working trades which is huge when you don’t hit at a solid clip with the draft.
They are having a pretty good FA period.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hollywood Brown was such a a good pickup by KC.
He’s gotta catch the ball though. He’s been a drops guy and they’re coming off a season where they were plagued by dropped balls. Hollywood was wasted in Arizona. This may actually be bigger for his career trajectory than for KC but I agree, KC looks to have gotten better there.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are having a pretty good FA period.
Yes and no. I think the Barkley signing was a mistake. I don’t like allocating that kind of commitment to a RB. In this case, the Eagles were the front runners for Justin Simmons but because of their signing of Barkley couldn’t make it happen. If they got Huff, CJGJ, Simmons, Devin White, that’s one hell of a defensive haul. Would swap out Barkley for Simmons in a heart beat.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no. I think the Barkley signing was a mistake. I don’t like allocating that kind of commitment to a RB. In this case, the Eagles were the front runners for Justin Simmons but because of their signing of Barkley couldn’t make it happen. If they got Huff, CJGJ, Simmons, Devin White, that’s one hell of a defensive haul. Would swap out Barkley for Simmons in a heart beat.
I didn't like Barkley either. But, other than that? Very good in White, Huff and bringing back Gardner-Johnson....

Are you guys out on Simmons or a S?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s gotta catch the ball though. He’s been a drops guy and they’re coming off a season where they were plagued by dropped balls. Hollywood was wasted in Arizona. This may actually be bigger for his career trajectory than for KC but I agree, KC looks to have gotten better there.
His YPC wasn’t higher than Jarvis Landry the last three years and Landry didn’t even play last year lol.
Sure put him in this offense and he should be better. Not a bad deal, one year for KC. He is betting on himself.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like Barkley either. But, other than that? Very good in White, Huff and bringing back Gardner-Johnson....

Are you guys out on Simmons or a S?
Yes. Likely out unless his price comes way down.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to Chargers spot at 5?
Maybe but I would think the Chargers want a great weapon for Herbert after trading away Allen and releasing Williams.

I would stay put and just draft two players. Minny needs a lot of help

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what they have to eat that 110 somewhere in cap. As the article states if everything is gravy they bake the rest of the deal into an extension with the idea the cap hit won't mean as much then..

I still think they end up eating a massive dead cap hit somewhere (unless Hurts is like Rodgers or Brady well into his career) but that's so far down the road if they win a super bowl or two no one will care.
I also noticed that SO FAR the Browns have not restructured Watson again this offseason. Maybe they figure not really much they need and don't really need to go after high priced FAs so get one of his big years out of the way....hell, others they could rework too if need be.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also noticed that SO FAR the Browns have not restructured Watson again this offseason. Maybe they figure not really much they need and don't really need to go after high priced FAs so get one of his big years out of the way....hell, others they could rework too if need be.

I think they need to see a good year from him to want to do that.

As it stands they have 2 more years after this to work through his cap hit and the 30 million gave them more to work with to build a roster around him.

I'd be surprised if they restructure this year. I can totally see them doing it next year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they need to see a good year from him to want to do that.

As it stands they have 2 more years after this to work through his cap hit and the 30 million gave them more to work with to build a roster around him.

I'd be surprised if they restructure this year. I can totally see them doing it next year.
Guessing you saw we adjusted Jeudy....wonder if for a specific need soon or just for flexibility and/or carry over down the road.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to Sunday.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to Sunday.
Cannot believe best I've seen OSU in a bracket prediction is next 4 (not even 1st 4) out.

So much for what a team has done lately mattering. Too bad didn;t make the coaching switch a couple weeks sooner.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot believe best I've seen OSU in a bracket prediction is next 4 (not even 1st 4) out.

So much for what a team has done lately mattering. Too bad didn;t make the coaching switch a couple weeks sooner.

Disappointing hoops season for the Buckeyes this year. Do you happen to know if Deibler (spelling?) will get the job or will Ohio State look elsewhere?