• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course.

Gibbs was undervalued simply because he was an RB.

But yeah, I think there is a big difference between what you are talking about and reaching for a dude because he is tops on your board when the analysis says he might be there 3 rounds later.

Really makes you wonder how Bama couldn’t figure out how to get the most out of him….

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand where he was rated by some.

But he was also so polarizing that many teams didn’t even have him on their board at all.

So not a surprise he fell.
Yeah...this is getting back to the wildly different draft boards. I'd be willing to bet there were grades on Aaron Rodgers as high as top 10 and as low as round 3 (or lower). Probably some grades on Gibbs from top 10 down to round 3-4. Detroit was one of those who had him high, of course.......and, sure, also probably believed some would have a midround grade, maybe even a lot of teams. But they also know if they really want him better take him as all it takes is one team to value him like they did and they'd lose him.

This is how it goes for many players in the draft......and why real NFL people will only care what happens once a guy hits the field.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand where he was rated by some.

But he was also so polarizing that many teams didn’t even have him on their board at all.

So not a surprise he fell.
Sure that is literally every single draft

He wasn't rated that by "some". Literally almost every expert had him in the top 5-10. Impossible to know team draft boards unless they advertise it later.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...this is getting back to the wildly different draft boards. I'd be willing to bet there were grades on Aaron Rodgers as high as top 10 and as low as round 3 (or lower). Probably some grades on Gibbs from top 10 down to round 3-4. Detroit was one of those who had him high, of course.......and, sure, also probably believed some would have a midround grade, maybe even a lot of teams. But they also know if they really want him better take him as all it takes is one team to value him like they did and they'd lose him.

This is how it goes for many players in the draft......and why real NFL people will only care what happens once a guy hits the field.

No, this is different.

Manziel’s issue was character related.

Nothing to do with his talent.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My interst in college non uconn has gone to almost zero now
That’s where my college basketball interest has been for a long time. Football is another matter though.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, this is different.

Manziel’s issue was character related.

Nothing to do with his talent.
To a degree, but Mike Evans made him look so much better than he actually was.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My interst in college non uconn has gone to almost zero now

it's just so bad anymore.

Tournament and nothing else.

If DK ever allows me to do daily betting that would change though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cool.....but most draft boards had him top 5-10 and we got a steal at 22.

Step back, read what you typed again. Manziel was a steal? Could've had Bridgewater or Derek Carr if that pick needed to be a QB. Hell, Jimmy G would've been a much better pick. Even Logan Thomas who later converted from QB to TE proved more useful than Manziel.

There's an interesting "what if"...where would the Browns be today had they drafted Carr at #22?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Step back, read what you typed again. Manziel was a steal? Could've had Bridgewater or Derek Carr if that pick needed to be a QB. Hell, Jimmy G would've been a much better pick. Even Logan Thomas who later converted from QB to TE proved more useful than Manziel.

There's an interesting "what if"...where would the Browns be today had they drafted Carr at #22?

Would they have kept him or dumped him like the raiders did….for jimmy g lol

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how you can disagree with this when you seem to agree draft boards of each team would be wildly different.
Some people are afraid of individualized truth. It's more comfortable to falsely believe there is only one reality and we all share it equally.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How about you go back and read the thread and try this again.