• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if he was officially offered the job or not. But this is now two CFB jobs he's turned down. Doesn't seem too interested in CFB right now.
I mean, unless he's actually offered (and accepts) a job I cannot imagine why he'd say he's interested in anything other than the one he's in.

I kind of agree with Chief (and you, I believe) and think it would be a good hire.

edit - meant to say Trojan...not sure if chief agreed with that.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12

Was kinda surprise Bieniemy turned the USC job down. Thought he would have been perfect for it. Any idea who your team might try to go after next?

I'm not seeing where he turned anything down. All I've seen is a quote of him saying "If USC reached out to me right now, my answer would be that that I'm preparing this team to play against the Baltimore Ravens."

He also said..."I'm focused on the Kansas City Chiefs and not the USC Trojans."

That's exactly what he should be saying. Based on his statements...USC hasn't made an offer for him to turn down and he didn't end any speculation with what he said.

Basically his answer was, I'll deal with this stuff after the season is over.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not seeing where he turned anything down. All I've seen is a quote of him saying "If USC reached out to me right now, my answer would be that that I'm preparing this team to play against the Baltimore Ravens."

He also said..."I'm focused on the Kansas City Chiefs and not the USC Trojans."

That's exactly what he should be saying. Based on his statements...USC hasn't made an offer for him to turn down and he didn't end any speculation with what he said. Looks to me like USC just needs to be smart and wait until after the season if they intend to make an offer.

Ooppss, my bad there. Thought for some reason he turned it down. Thanks for the correction.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries. You only gave me a small heart attack. lol

I know how much of a N.D. fan you are.

:peep:

On a scale of 1 to 10 how big of a bitch-move is it by the Irish to not allow Purdue to bring their drum into the stadium?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know how much of a N.D. fan you are.

:peep:

On a scale of 1 to 10 how big of a bitch-move is it by the Irish to not allow Purdue to bring their drum into the stadium?

I can only go as high as 10?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool, but #3 was mostly about what is around him and seems you think they are really good with or without Mahomes. stay focused.

#3 said the QB is good BECAUSE of the players around him.

That is obviously not true for Mahomes.

Swap Mahomes for Baker and Cleveland immediately becomes overwhelming favorites (more so than KC) and I don’t think KC makes the playoffs.

As awesome as the pass catchers are, KC has a lot of holes on the roster where Cleveland is stronger and deeper.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Swap Mahomes for Baker and Cleveland immediately becomes overwhelming favorites (more so than KC) and I don’t think KC makes the playoffs.

As awesome as the pass catchers are, KC has a lot of holes on the roster where Cleveland is stronger and deeper.
Here was #3 -A game manager is a QB who can only be successful when he has good players around him. He won’t make plays, carry the team on his shoulders, or make everyone around him better.

How is this "obviously not true" for Mahomes? How often has he played and not had great players around him? Especially his pass catchers? I suspect Mahomes would still be good in any environment. would he be the guy we see in KC in any environment? I don't think so. Hell, not sure browns make playoffs with him under Freddie in 2019.

OTOH, Baker was damn good last year and his best WR is best, most likely, as a #2 guy. His #2 is barely in the rotation now. His #3 is gone and had zero catches week 1. His #4 was a 6th round rookie.

I do think Mahomes might make the Browns the favorite but Baker would do just fine with Reid and their crew and get them to the playoffs.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only if that was a real possibility. I like watching Mahomes play.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just posting this cause I’m high and this shit is funny.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here was #3 -A game manager is a QB who can only be successful when he has good players around him. He won’t make plays, carry the team on his shoulders, or make everyone around him better.

How is this "obviously not true" for Mahomes? How often has he played and not had great players around him? Especially his pass catchers? I suspect Mahomes would still be good in any environment. would he be the guy we see in KC in any environment? I don't think so. Hell, not sure browns make playoffs with him under Freddie in 2019.

OTOH, Baker was damn good last year and his best WR is best, most likely, as a #2 guy. His #2 is barely in the rotation now. His #3 is gone and had zero catches week 1. His #4 was a 6th round rookie.

I do think Mahomes might make the Browns the favorite but Baker would do just fine with Reid and their crew and get them to the playoffs.

Dude.

I can’t have a conversation about football with someone who doesn’t see Mahomes as an obviously great player.

And if you honestly compare the non QB pieces in Cleveland and KC, the rest of Cleveland’s roster is clearly better.

Just looking at offense:

KC pass catchers are better by a good bit.
Cleveland offensive line is better by just as much
Cleveland running backs are worlds beyond KC

On defense:

Cleveland has better pass rushers
Cleveland has way better run stoppers
KC has a better secondary

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.

I can’t have a conversation about football with someone who doesn’t see Mahomes as an obviously great player.

And if you honestly compare the non QB pieces in Cleveland and KC, the rest of Cleveland’s roster is clearly better.

Just looking at offense:

KC pass catchers are better by a good bit.
Cleveland offensive line is better by just as much
Cleveland running backs are worlds beyond KC

On defense:

Cleveland has better pass rushers
Cleveland has way better run stoppers
KC has a better secondary
Dude, I am having a conversation with someone who lacks reading comprehension skills and it cannot be tougher than that. I said Mahomes is an exceptional player and a case can easily be made that he's the best QB in the game. I stopped reading after that comment by you.

If I had to guess I'm gonna say was some major deflection and you completely ignored your own comments as it pertained to #3 description of a game manager.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I am having a conversation with someone who lacks reading comprehension skills and it cannot be tougher than that. I said Mahomes is an exceptional player and a case can easily be made that he's the best QB in the game. I stopped reading after that comment by you.

If I had to guess I'm gonna say was some major deflection and you completely ignored your own comments as it pertained to #3 description of a game manager.

I comprehend just fine. You just post stupid shit.

Nothing about Pat Mahomes applies to any definition of game manager. Stop putting his name in this conversation.

When the Chiefs were led by Alex Smith, a pretty good game manager, Smith made the pro bowl twice and averaged 3750 yards and 20.5 TDs with very similar personnel.

Mahomes has averaged well over 4500 yards and 38 TDs over his 3 seasons.

So while he does have stellar pass catchers, it is abundantly obvious that he elevates them with his great play and not the other way around.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donte Williams has been HC for 1 game and already has himself a quarterback controversy. lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I comprehend just fine. You just post stupid shit.

Nothing about Pat Mahomes applies to any definition of game manager. Stop putting his name in this conversation.

When the Chiefs were led by Alex Smith, a pretty good game manager, Smith made the pro bowl twice and averaged 3750 yards and 20.5 TDs with very similar personnel.

Mahomes has averaged well over 4500 yards and 38 TDs over his 3 seasons.

So while he does have stellar pass catchers, it is abundantly obvious that he elevates them with his great play and not the other way around.
I also said Mahomes is very from from anyone who should be considered a game manager. again, you really are struggling with reading comprehension this week. Far from "just fine".

Try and stay focused on what YOU said as it pertains to #3. If you believe it then you are the one who should consider Mahomes a game manager.

as to your last comment, how is it "abundantly obvious"" Have we seen him lift lesser receivers/TEs on a consistent basis? Reid is a pretty good coach, too.