• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC-12 just announced a 7 game season beginning Nov. 6.

Not sure when CU can even practice. I could look it up, but I don't just don't care. As of yesterday there were 1,148 confirmed virus cases on campus since the beginning of the week.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they each made the same mistake, imo. The cancelled their seasons instead of postponing like the other 3 conferences did. Because they cancelled, they stopped preparing for a season. Now that things have changed, they are scrambling to put something together that makes sense.

It will hurt them re: the CFP. The PAC will be hurt most because they are getting the latest start and looked to be the conference most likely to be left out anyway. Hopefully, the committee will take the unusual circumstances into consideration.
Saban was lobbying to have subjective criteria this year. First thought was because it would be so hard to compare conferences when hardly any interconference games. Now I think he wants to give SEC an advantage because they will play more games. I don't think CFP will listen....though might be really hard for a PAC team to get in as you mentioned.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins is so much more comfortable on those intermediate routes with receivers running crossing patterns or in space.

i.e. OSU

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins is so much more comfortable on those intermediate routes with receivers running crossing patterns or in space.

i.e. OSU
First time I've seen him play a lot in NFL. He made some nice plays but I still don't see him being a franchise QB. Like the kid so hope I'm wrong. He definitely will throw the D the ball if pressured. Might only have 1 legit starting WR but also agree with tlance who says elite QBs can win with most WRs.....of course, not fair to think a 2nd year guy should have this trait already (though, yeah, some do).

As for Browns? Rough 3rd qtr, but think this is exactly how this offense is designed to look. I am confident we found the right coach. Would love to hear Rivera explain why he was dumb, gave up or both.

Gonna be in trouble if Ward is out and greedy not back soon.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time I've seen him play a lot in NFL. He made some nice plays but I still don't see him being a franchise QB. Like the kid so hope I'm wrong. He definitely will throw the D the ball if pressured. Might only have 1 legit starting WR but also agree with tlance who says elite QBs can win with most WRs.....of course, not fair to think a 2nd year guy should have this trait already (though, yeah, some do).

As for Browns? Rough 3rd qtr, but think this is exactly how this offense is designed to look. I am confident we found the right coach. Would love to hear Rivera explain why he was dumb, gave up or both.

Ward was sorely missed in that third quarter.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i.e. OSU

LOL.

little bit easier when the WRs are just running free because they are better than the opposition.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually did not get to watch the game today. Was out of the house and missed the whole thing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually did not get to watch the game today. Was out of the house and missed the whole thing.
Haven't heard anything but would love to know Rivera's reasoning for wasting his TOs and just giving up.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't heard anything but would love to know Rivera's reasoning for wasting his TOs and just giving up.

Rivera hasn’t been here long enough for me to know if this was just an anomaly or not, but it is always shocking to me how bad some otherwise good coaches are at late clock time management.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivera hasn’t been here long enough for me to know if this was just an anomaly or not, but it is always shocking to me how bad some otherwise good coaches are at late clock time management.
Didn't see it, but heard he did something similar last week....hope his illness isn't the cause of him losing his fire.

agree about clock management. I usually think fans are nuts when they think they'd be better at playcalling and/or complain about play calls. But I do believe there are many instances fans would do a better job with clock management.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see it, but heard he did something similar last week....hope his illness isn't the cause of him losing his fire.

agree about clock management. I usually think fans are nuts when they think they'd be better at playcalling and/or complain about play calls. But I do believe there are many instances fans would do a better job with clock management.

I couldn’t call plays to save my life.

But I think I could do better than quite a few at managing time outs at the end of a half.

Some panic and call them too early leaving time on the clock, some just don’t use them at the right times.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn’t call plays to save my life.

But I think I could do better than quite a few at managing time outs at the end of a half.

Some panic and call them too early leaving time on the clock, some just don’t use them at the right times.
I honestly don't know what it is. Even some of the top coaches are clueless when it comes to managing the clock. andy Reid was "famous" for it in Philly.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...I don't know why he replied as though you have claimed Haskins would be successful in the NFL.

Why are you making that assumption?

I just restated his comment in another way because others I have talked to (not here) assume that Haskins can read the field because of his success at OSU.

Totally different ball game. And I think he was rarely in situations with complex reads in college because his guys were always open.