• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Tua lied to the medical team. Apparently according to Whitworth it can be easy as that. Who knows, either way he needs to sit out awhile after this past injury

Exactly.

This is way more likely.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right...would imagine the baseline testing helps out the docs.

I'm finding it funny that, now that it's looking like he didn't lie, the people who were trying to claim shenanigans are now saying "Well, it happened on Sunday, no way they should have let him play Thursday. It's just common sense."

So the guy clears concussion protocol and is allowed to re-enter the game...

but he can't play on Thursday because of something that didn't keep him out of the game on Sunday?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm finding it funny that, now that it's looking like he didn't lie, the people who were trying to claim shenanigans are now saying "Well, it happened on Sunday, no way they should have let him play Thursday. It's just common sense."

but he can't play on Thursday because of something that didn't keep him out of the game on Sunday?
Fans look for outrage wherever they can find it....and the media caters to them.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd also ask why there isn't any consideration that Tua maybe just suffered a new concussion on Thursday. Tua got whipped around by a 340 lbs DT and his head slammed into the ground. Whether Tua had a concussion on Sunday or not, I believe the result would still be the same.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’re talking about a lot of scenarios right now,” Antonetti said Thursday when asked what it would require for the younger Naylor to join the active roster.

He’s the Guardians’ catcher of the future — as in, as soon as next spring — and the club covets his versatile skill set. His speed and power could prove valuable whenever he’s called upon. He posted an .889 OPS with 21 home runs and 20 stolen bases this season at Double-A Akron and Triple-A Columbus. Adding a third catcher, although throwing a lot at a rookie, would allow the team to more aggressively pinch hit for Hedges and Maile. Hedges is on track to become the second position player since 1990 to total at least 325 plate appearances and an OPS under .500, and the first Cleveland hitter to do so since 1917.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Dolphins were stupid enough not to have backup they would deserve it. Players have their own drs now days though, all that stuff. I can’t imagine it happening but the Dolphins aren’t known to be the smartest franchise either.
2 concussions in 5 days is serious......go back and look at the Bills game when he got up and stumbled......it's like when a boxer is KO'd and his legs aren't there.....it's clear concussion......not a back injury.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 concussions in 5 days is serious......go back and look at the Bills game when he got up and stumbled......it's like when a boxer is KO'd and his legs aren't there.....it's clear concussion......not a back injury.

The spinal cord is certainly linked to the brain. I am certain of one thing, if something wrong was done it will be uncovered.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to change my shirt. Got off at Noon today because I work 6 days this week.....came home and got little Demetreius for a few hours while the wife worked and had a Zoom meeting and he slimed me.....puked all over me. Didn't know he just ate and we got a little too rough housing......

LOL.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also ask why there isn't any consideration that Tua maybe just suffered a new concussion on Thursday. Tua got whipped around by a 340 lbs DT and his head slammed into the ground. Whether Tua had a concussion on Sunday or not, I believe the result would still be the same.

Exactly. On Cowherd, Eric Mangini was saying that keeping him out Thursday would have been people who aren't doctors overruling those who are.

If they're not supposed to overrule doctors when they say a guy can't play, they probably shouldn't be overruling them when they clear them to play.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He didn't have 2 concussions in 5 days. When he went through protocols during the game, he passed (which is why he was able to go back in) and both the NFL and the NFLPA said that an independent check also showed no concussion.

And there are a lot of things that can happen on a football field that can cause a guy to stagger/stumble after a play.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all obsessed with violence and whoopings......he loves his DJ-pa.

We were laughing and smiling for 10 minutes yesterday,

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’re talking about a lot of scenarios right now,” Antonetti said Thursday when asked what it would require for the younger Naylor to join the active roster.

He’s the Guardians’ catcher of the future — as in, as soon as next spring — and the club covets his versatile skill set. His speed and power could prove valuable whenever he’s called upon. He posted an .889 OPS with 21 home runs and 20 stolen bases this season at Double-A Akron and Triple-A Columbus. Adding a third catcher, although throwing a lot at a rookie, would allow the team to more aggressively pinch hit for Hedges and Maile. Hedges is on track to become the second position player since 1990 to total at least 325 plate appearances and an OPS under .500, and the first Cleveland hitter to do so since 1917.
you'd think there would be a way to get the kid one start while up. Must be a bitch to get it done due to the rules of the 40 man.

Have to think he at least has a chance to play his way onto the major league team in ST next year.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players get misdiagnosed all the time.....and according to Schefter other teams said they wouldn't have played Tua.