• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course everyone hopes he is ok, but he was fully cleared to play or he wouldn’t be playing.
Agreed. There are the licenses and reputations of people on the line. Not sure there are many that can’t be bought for something like that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t the league involved in the protocol though?
I thought each team had officials, not sure it is league related. No clue but watching him stumble last week that wasn’t related to his back. Why lie about it? That’s another sketchy part of it

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought each team had officials, not sure it is league related. No clue but watching him stumble last week that wasn’t related to his back. Why lie about it? That’s another sketchy part of it

I don’t think anyone lied about it, Tua himself this week said he didn’t have any kind of a head injury.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think anyone lied about it, Tua himself this week said he didn’t have any kind of a head injury.
Well that’s your opinion. I am going by what I saw, not by word. You don’t stumble like that from a back injury, sorry. Maybe he did hurt his back but he also was concussed.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that’s your opinion. I am going by what I saw, not by word. You don’t stumble like that from a back injury, sorry. Maybe he did hurt his back but he also was concussed.

I’m going by what Tua actually said. The players union asked for an explanation, they must have been satisfied.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same for my Phillies. Woof! When the big lights come on they’ve shit the bed. 3-10 in their last 13.
Miami just might have helped you out quite a bit.

I picked up Garrett for a start and he pretty much fucked me- but hes off the hook.

I do have Floro- so hopefully he gets the save

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, it can be back related. When my lower back decides to act up, it will sometimes spasm as I'm trying to stand or within the first couple of steps after I stand and will cause me to stagger/stumble a bit. Basically, it's stagger/stumble a bit to keep from dropping to a knee.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m going by what Tua actually said. The players union asked for an explanation, they must have been satisfied.

Here is the thing.

Players want to play. The rules are in place to protect them from themselves.

I don’t know that he had a head injury last week, but it sure looked like it.

Some guys will say ANYTHING to get back on the field sooner, long term risk be damned.

So just because Tua said it, does not make it true.

He is a competitor and he surely wanted to be on the field.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing.

Some guys will say ANYTHING to get back on the field sooner, long term risk be damned.

True....but just because he had another head injury when he played does not mean the medical team lied to allow him to play.

Kind of frowned upon in the medical world.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True....but just because he had another head injury when he played does not mean the medical team lied to allow him to play.

Or Tua lied to the medical team. Apparently according to Whitworth it can be easy as that. Who knows, either way he needs to sit out awhile after this past injury

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing.

Same thing we used to say about Kobe. You'd have to saw off one of his legs to keep him off the court if he had his way...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Tua lied to the medical team. Apparently according to Whitworth it can be easy as that. Who knows, either way he needs to sit out awhile after this past injury
Might have lied but docs can only go by what they see. If player wants to lie that's on the player.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It used to be as easy as that. Testing these days is more extensive than "How many fingers am I holding up?" or just asking the player how he feels.

Players may still be able to "beat" the protocols, but it's much less likely now.

Also, not saying they didn't...but with all of the scrutiny and rules over concussions, it would be career ending level stupid for anyone involved to lie and say that he wasn't concussed if he was.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It used to be as easy as that. Testing these days is more extensive than "How many fingers am I holding up?" or just asking the player how he feels.

Players may still be able to "beat" the protocols, but it's much less likely now.
Right...would imagine the baseline testing helps out the docs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with that too.