• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero chance that happens. First of all, the Players Association will never agree to it and I seriously doubt the owners will either. Neither will agree to individual salaries being capped like that and teams being told how they can spend their money.

Why are you acting like only 2-3 teams having a shot is something new? That's pretty much how it's always been and the league keeps making more money and keeps growing every year. I heard recently that, worldwide, the NBA is close to overtaking soccer in popularity.

I agree.

Also, this mess began back in 2010 when the league started making rules designed to prevent superteams from forming.

Well, a couple ended up coming together organically, then the cap spike allowed the Warriors to land KD. Now every other team is screwed BECAUSE the league has meddled and tried to prevent superteams. Now it is much harder for other teams to get where GOlden State already is. The league just needs to get out of the way. There will always be haves and have nots in the NBA.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

Also, this mess began back in 2010 when the league started making rules designed to prevent superteams from forming.

Well, a couple ended up coming together organically, then the cap spike allowed the Warriors to land KD. Now every other team is screwed BECAUSE the league has meddled and tried to prevent superteams. Now it is much harder for other teams to get where GOlden State already is. The league just needs to get out of the way. There will always be haves and have nots in the NBA.
ehh...i dunno

I mean- if things broke right for Boston they could put together a "super team" pretty quickly.

the Warriors and Cavs- you are right- did it organically for the most part. Kyrie was drafted--- Love was traded for for picks that were garnered while tanking. Draymond, Curry, Klay were all drafted.

Boston has the assets and cap flexibility to put together a "superteam" if the opportunity presetned itself--- its just not every year a harden or a kg or a love or george (whoops) or butler (whoops) are avaliable via trade along with some disillusioned FAs that will give up money.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriosuly- most beautiful day of the year here- 74 and sunny---- just got back from the park with my parents dogs. unbelievable out.

now i get to study!!! YEEEE HAWWWW

and as for the Cavs/Warriors game

my only consolation was that the Cavs played like ass. If they get the split they will have done their job but its not gonna be easy. Durant was playing unreal- like he was on a mission.

Cavs cant have their role players play like garbage--- Smith, Korver, Thompson need to all play a LOT better.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is that it is a near automatic shot for a great shooter. While it may not be 100% like the dunk, it is worth 1.5 more points and those transition 3s are back breakers at Oracle.
I understood their reasoning, I just think its faulty. If the Cavs did that on every play then the opposition scores on every play. There is a reason why the oldest rule in basketball is "stop the ball first".

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understood their reasoning, I just think its faulty. If the Cavs did that on every play then the opposition scores on every play. There is a reason why the oldest rule in basketball is "stop the ball first".

That would only be true if every play was a 2 on 1 break.

I agree that stop ball first is one of the first things kids learn playing the game, but guys like Curry have changed that to a degree. There are certain players you can't allow to get open looks no matter what. He is one. A wide open 3 for Curry is a layup.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero chance that happens. First of all, the Players Association will never agree to it and I seriously doubt the owners will either. Neither will agree to individual salaries being capped like that and teams being told how they can spend their money.

Why are you acting like only 2-3 teams having a shot is something new? That's pretty much how it's always been and the league keeps making more money and keeps growing every year. I heard recently that, worldwide, the NBA is close to overtaking soccer in popularity.

I disagree but ok. Ratings this year have sucked. There are no riviaries except maybe GS vs Spurs recent but that course has ended. LBJ has never had a Rivalry. No offense but I have no clue what u been watching.

Again everyone has their opinion but as a life long NBA fan its been bad. Yes it was fun to see GS build a team and get to where they are but adding KD was just bad to see. Seeing the best player(LBJ) jump to team to team is bad. Yes fun to watch Harden and Westbrook grow and will their teams but overall when it comes to the best part of each sports season (playoffs) its been boring.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree but ok. Ratings this year have sucked. There are no riviaries except maybe GS vs Spurs recent but that course has ended. LBJ has never had a Rivalry. No offense but I have no clue what u been watching.

Again everyone has their opinion but as a life long NBA fan its been bad. Yes it was fun to see GS build a team and get to where they are but adding KD was just bad to see. Seeing the best player(LBJ) jump to team to team is bad. Yes fun to watch Harden and Westbrook grow and will their teams but overall when it comes to the best part of each sports season (playoffs) its been boring.

LeBron does have a rival now, the Warriors. Cleveland and GS are like the Celtics and Lakers in the 80s

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron does have a rival now, the Warriors. Cleveland and GS are like the Celtics and Lakers in the 80s
They play in different conferences. Also not much of a Rivalry when GS won when Cavs were hurt, Cavs won when injuries and green got suspended(yes still great come back) and this year looks like it will be a blow out(yes its only been 1 game).

Eastern Conference has been a joke for about 8 years now.

I don't know I just don't see it. This season and playoffs has been a bore.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't actually believe this right?
I like me some Mick.

But, hell no.

Kyrie is a better shooter and is a fancy dribbler.

That would be great if he was playing for the Globetrotters.

Lebron is far superior in every other category.

Passing, rebounding, assits, defense and I give them a push in Scoring even though I believe Lebron could average 35 ppg if he was more selfish.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I heard, Spurs would have to gut their roster to even get CP3. I have no idea how it is even possible for the Cavs to get Melo without trading one of their big 3.
There is no way to get Melo without moving Love and another guy because Anthony also has a trade kicker.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They play in different conferences. Also not much of a Rivalry when GS won when Cavs were hurt, Cavs won when injuries and green got suspended(yes still great come back) and this year looks like it will be a blow out(yes its only been 1 game).

Eastern Conference has been a joke for about 8 years now.

I don't know I just don't see it. This season and playoffs has been a bore.

Um, did the Celtics and Lakers play in the same conference :noidea:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes your statement is spot on. That is what my argument is about. I was a BIG NBA fan. I didn't miss any playoff games, watched at least 1-2 games a night. These last 2 years I lost a lot of Interest in the NBA. I am a Big Bulls fan but I was also a BIG NBA fan.

I think this year Proved that Super teams is not the way to go and the NBA needs to fix it.
But, there have been several David vs. Goliath matchups were the winner was a forgone conclusion.

Seriously, did you really think Utah or the Suns had a legit chance against the Bulls? Maybe the Jazz had a chaaaaance. But, I never believed they would win.

What about the 76ers against the Lakers? That first game made people hope. But, the gentleman's sweep took care of that notion.

2002 Nets vs. Lakers?..... Brooms.

2003 Nets vs. Spurs? .....slightly entertaining, never in doubt.

1999 Knicks vs. Spurs? Gentleman's sweep again.

Outside of the Dream decimating Shaq and the Magic, the Mavs beating the Heat, Pistons besting the Lakers and last year's finals, there have been several Finals teams that are simply Cannon fodder over the last two decades.

I get your point. But, this isn't really new.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriosuly- most beautiful day of the year here- 74 and sunny---- just got back from the park with my parents dogs. unbelievable out.

now i get to study!!! YEEEE HAWWWW

and as for the Cavs/Warriors game

my only consolation was that the Cavs played like ass. If they get the split they will have done their job but its not gonna be easy. Durant was playing unreal- like he was on a mission.

Cavs cant have their role players play like garbage--- Smith, Korver, Thompson need to all play a LOT better.
It's 107 out today.

#SatansAssholeAferEatingIndianFood

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, you mean like the Lakers and Celtics?
Difference those 2 teams are great. Only GS has Great Potential. Neither team has won back to back championship. I guess if Cavs win then u can say they are great. I guess we have to wait and see.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u know u are trying to compare Lakers and Celtics to these GS and Cavs. LOL :crazy:

Yeah two great teams meeting in the Finals over and over in the same decade. Nothing alike.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, there have been several David vs. Goliath matchups were the winner was a forgone conclusion.

Seriously, did you really think Utah or the Suns had a legit chance against the Bulls? Maybe the Jazz had a chaaaaance. But, I never believed they would win.

What about the 76ers against the Lakers? That first game made people hope. But, the gentleman's sweep took care of that notion.

2002 Nets vs. Lakers?..... Brooms.

2003 Nets vs. Spurs? .....slightly entertaining, never in doubt.

1999 Knicks vs. Spurs? Gentleman's sweep again.

Outside of the Dream decimating Shaq and the Magic, the Mavs beating the Heat, Pistons besting the Lakers and last year's finals, there have been several Finals teams that are simply Cannon fodder over the last two decades.

I get your point. But, this isn't really new.
Utah yes. 2 HOF players. People really forget how good malone and Stockton were. But people forget how Bulls had to get there had to play Knicks, Miami, Cavs, Atlanta, Det, Indy in those years to get to the Finals. Each team had an HOF on their team. East Was stacked.