• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quiet in here without all these cavs fans swinging their dicks around!

Where they at?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA sucks. Its been 14 days and we have only played 1 game in the playoffs. They need to fix this. NBA is the worst at playoff scheduling. How do u have a game on Thursday and the next one on Sunday. No travel involved . Adam Silver is killing the NBA.

I get your beef about the schedule but blaming Silver for this is stupid. The NBA never play NBA finals games on Saturday. If you want to complain about why the finals didn't start earlier then go right ahead but they're never going to play a finals game on a saturday. Finals should have started last sunday or this past tuesday though.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it again. This IQ level of this board dropped significantly over the last 2 years.

Kyrie is better than Lebron? LMAO at what? Because it damn sure isn't basketball

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but in the end it won't matter. GS will win this thing easily. I thought at 1st Cavs would get 2 wins but they might only get 1 now. What sucks for KD is this championship will mean nothing. Most are already calling this the most Pointless Championship ever if GS wins. Most people know its a Joke. But thats the NBA for you.

That's beyond a joke that if the Warriors win a title that it means nothing for KD. That's complete asinine bullshit if I've ever heard it.

And this thing isn't over yet. Everyone freaked out and swayed their opinion off one game. The difference here though is that Lebron's the only player that can guard KD effectively on the Cavs. If he has to devote his full attention to KD, it's going to take away a bit from his offensive game. That's the key difference between this year and last.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your beef about the schedule but blaming Silver for this is stupid. The NBA never play NBA finals games on Saturday. If you want to complain about why the finals didn't start earlier then go right ahead but they're never going to play a finals game on a saturday. Finals should have started last sunday or this past tuesday though.
Yes I understand but like you said it should of started Tue and then you would have Tue, Thursday and then Sunday(Travel day in the middle). Yes I Can blame Silver because he is the one that has say and the Power to change it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's beyond a joke that if the Warriors win a title that it means nothing for KD. That's complete asinine bullshit if I've ever heard it.

And this thing isn't over yet. Everyone freaked out and swayed their opinion off one game. The difference here though is that Lebron's the only player that can guard KD effectively on the Cavs. If he has to devote his full attention to KD, it's going to take away a bit from his offensive game. That's the key difference between this year and last.

I never get why people love rushing to assumptions after game 1. Series is far from over. All the Warriors did was win a home game. Big deal

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im not saying its over. Im just saying it doesn't look good and GS has all the talent in the world. Yes It is pointless for KD. He joined a championship team, who now have 4 allstars. How can that be respected. This GS team has proved it doesn't matter who the Coach is. They won a Championship with Kerr, Broke the record last year with Walton, and now Brown set Playoff record. Its all pointless.

You won't change mine or most people's minds on this. Its the same when LBJ went to Miami(overall that was fail). They should of at least won 3 in a row. They only won half.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never get why people love rushing to assumptions after game 1. Series is far from over. All the Warriors did was win a home game. Big deal
I agree, I don't think its over I was just stating If GS won. Now is Cavs win that is something to talk about and would Jump LBJ to new heights. LBJ losing another Finals also won't look good but at least this one I can understand I just don't want to hear him say after if they lose that he needs more talent around him. i hate when he gives that excuse or he runs away again.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying its over. Im just saying it doesn't look good and GS has all the talent in the world. Yes It is pointless for KD. He joined a championship team, who now have 4 allstars. How can that be respected. This GS team has proved it doesn't matter who the Coach is. They won a Championship with Kerr, Broke the record last year with Walton, and now Brown set Playoff record. Its all pointless.

You won't change mine or most people's minds on this. Its the same when LBJ went to Miami(overall that was fail). They should of at least won 3 in a row. They only won half.

At the end of the day your goal as a player is to win a title and hopefully play a big part in your team winning a title. If you can go to another team that improve your chances of this happening then you go for it. At the end of the day this is still business. You have to remain selfish and do what is best for you. Do I like what Durant did from a fan perspective? No I hated it. But looking at it from the player perspective, I totally see why he did it and agree with the move. Basketball is so much easier for him than it was in OKC.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but in the end it won't matter. GS will win this thing easily. I thought at 1st Cavs would get 2 wins but they might only get 1 now. What sucks for KD is this championship will mean nothing. Most are already calling this the most Pointless Championship ever if GS wins. Most people know its a Joke. But thats the NBA for you.
Just curious, but why would you say this "championship will mean nothing"? Why is this NBA Finals a joke? Most Pointless Championship ever if GS wins? :scratch:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day your goal as a player is to win a title and hopefully play a big part in your team winning a title. If you can go to another team to improve of your chances then you go for it. At the end of the day this is still business. You have to remain selfish and do what is best for you. Do I like what Durant did from a fan perspective? No I hated it. But looking at it from the player perspective, I totally see why he did it and agree with the move. Basketball is so much easier for him than it was in OKC.
Yeah yeah I know as a Player championship is a championship. I Understand that. Im talking about from the point of view from looking at it from the outside. Look These players work hard and yes should be proud of winning a championship. U are correct its easier for KD and he is loving it but Im just sick of players taking the easy way out. You don't see that in other sports. U didn't see it back in the day in the NBA until the great players prime was done(chasing a ring late in careers). Now I know KD wants to beat LBJ bad. His best chance was with GS but what happen to that player that wants to do it his way and fight for it. Seeing great players like KD and LBJ run away and take the easy way out is just sad and as a fan like you said sucks.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, but why would you say this "championship will mean nothing"? Why is this NBA Finals a joke? Most Pointless Championship ever if GS wins? :scratch:
I guess you haven't watched these playoffs, and u don't notice that KD went to a championship team, and NBA just had the worst playoffs ever and GS is doing all this with 3 different coaches in the last 3 years, GS has 4 ALL stars, The amount of time off in the NBA playoffs now. I mean come on man. :crazy::scratch:

Again this is from the outside looking in. Im not saying the Players should feel this way because I know they work hard.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah yeah I know as a Player championship is a championship. I Understand that. Im talking about from the point of view from looking at it from the outside. Look These players work hard and yes should be proud of winning a championship. U are correct its easier for KD and he is loving it but Im just sick of players taking the easy way out. You don't see that in other sports. U didn't see it back in the day in the NBA until the great players prime was done(chasing a ring late in careers). Now I know KD wants to beat LBJ bad. His best chance was with GS but what happen to that player that wants to do it his way and fight for it. Seeing great players like KD and LBJ run away and take the easy way out is just sad and as a fan like you said sucks.

I agree it sucks but it is what it is.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I'm just saying your opinion is stupid.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it sucks but it is what it is.
Very true and sad to say I don't see an end to it in the NBA. It wouldn't shock me if Cavs some how land another top player(like Melo) or Spurs sign CP3 and another player. It will continue. We will see Big 3 and 4 teams from now on until the NBA Changes.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true and sad to say I don't see an end to it in the NBA. It wouldn't shock me if Cavs some how land another top player(like Melo) or Spurs sign CP3 and another player. It will continue. We will see Big 3 and 4 teams from now on until the NBA Changes.

From what I heard, Spurs would have to gut their roster to even get CP3. I have no idea how it is even possible for the Cavs to get Melo without trading one of their big 3.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't see that in other sports.

Actually, you do. The difference is that in other sports, one player doesn't have the impact they do in basketball.

U didn't see it back in the day in the NBA until the great players prime was done(chasing a ring late in careers).

Just because you didn't see it back in the day, doesn't mean it's not okay. Players today have figured out that if they leave a team earlier, they can win a title or 2 while they are still at or near their primes and have a major role in winning it. They can actually be a big reason their team wins instead of being some old guy hoping everyone else on the team can get them a ring.

I'd rather be KD with the Warriors playing a major role than Shaq with Cavs hoping Lebron can get me one last ring.