• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I heard, Spurs would have to gut their roster to even get CP3. I have no idea how it is even possible for the Cavs to get Melo without trading one of their big 3.
I don't know but I feel like there is always a way. Just like Some how GS landed KD. 4 All stars and kept their top bench players. If there is a will there is a way. How do Cavs add players mid season when they are the highest payroll team. There are loop holes every where.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you haven't watched these playoffs, and u don't notice that KD went to a championship team, and NBA just had the worst playoffs ever and GS is doing all this with 3 different coaches in the last 3 years, GS has 4 ALL stars, The amount of time off in the NBA playoffs now. I mean come on man. :crazy::scratch:

Again this is from the outside looking in. Im not saying the Players should feel this way because I know they work hard.

The Bulls never swept their way through, but it was a foregone conclusion for about 3 or 4 of their titles during the run of 6 that they would win. I bet you were not complaining then.

The difference is that we are now in the era of the superteam and the gap between the best and the next tier is wider than ever.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, you do. The difference is that in other sports, one player doesn't have the impact they do in basketball.

Just because you didn't see it back in the day, doesn't mean it's not okay. Players today have figured out that if they leave a team earlier, they can win a title or 2 while they are still at or near their primes and have a major role in winning it. They can actually be a big reason their team wins instead of being some old guy hoping everyone else on the team can get them a ring.

I'd rather be KD with the Warriors playing a major role than Shaq with Cavs hoping Lebron can get me one last ring.
Exactly. Yes you might see a top player like Randy Moss join Brady but it takes more then 2 players in the NFL. MLB u can have the best hitter and then best Pitcher on the same team but its more of a team game and u need a good team to win. Thats why u don't see a mega team built in other sports because u need to build with in. Now to be fair GS did build with in and give them credit that is why KD going there was so bad. GS didn't need KD and go that direction (again to be honest GS can't say no to KD either).

My Point is the NBA needs to get to the level of other sports and make it tougher to build these super teams if they want the league to be more even, unless they want 2-3 super teams and thats it. I think these Playoffs showed its not good to have just 2-3 super teams. NBA Playoffs were so boring.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like Some how GS landed KD. 4 All stars and kept their top bench players.

GSW landing KD is more because of lucky timing re: contracts of other players. For example, they have Steph on a bargain basement contract and KD was willing to take less than OKC could have paid him. When Steph's (and I believe another contract or 2) comes up...GSW's payroll is going to explode and some guys are going to have to make some financial decisions if they want to keep everyone together.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls never swept their way through, but it was a foregone conclusion for about 3 or 4 of their titles during the run of 6 that they would win. I bet you were not complaining then.

The difference is that we are now in the era of the superteam and the gap between the best and the next tier is wider than ever.
Did u see the teams they had to get by and the league back then was tougher. They use to Bang back then. it was a battle. Yes Bulls were the best team but u can't say they had an easy walk. Playoffs were fun back then. Now yes they were super fun for a Bulls fan but nothing was a given. They had to earn those Championship with the amount of HOF and Top 50 players Jordan and the Bulls had to beat.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you haven't watched these playoffs, and u don't notice that KD went to a championship team, and NBA just had the worst playoffs ever and GS is doing all this with 3 different coaches in the last 3 years, GS has 4 ALL stars, The amount of time off in the NBA playoffs now. I mean come on man. :crazy::scratch:

Again this is from the outside looking in. Im not saying the Players should feel this way because I know they work hard.
Fair enough, you have your opinion just like everyone has theirs. By the way, I have watched these playoff and to me it doesn't make any differences, that KD went to a championship team. I always thought that if a person didn't/doesn't want to watch the NBA Finals, then that is their right.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes your statement is spot on. That is what my argument is about. I was a BIG NBA fan. I didn't miss any playoff games, watched at least 1-2 games a night. These last 2 years I lost a lot of Interest in the NBA. I am a Big Bulls fan but I was also a BIG NBA fan.

I think this year Proved that Super teams is not the way to go and the NBA needs to fix it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Point is the NBA needs to get to the level of other sports and make it tougher to build these super teams if they want the league to be more even, unless they want 2-3 super teams and thats it. I think these Playoffs showed its not good to have just 2-3 super teams. NBA Playoffs were so boring.

The NBA can't ever get to the level of other sports when it comes to parity. It will always be a sport where 1 or 2 players can make all of the difference. I mean, if you drop Lebron or KD on to the current Lakers...they are, at worst, a 2nd round playoff team in the West.

Also, I don't see how you can restrict player movement, especially if they are willing to take a little less to go where they want. The league has tried to restrict movement with salary caps, allowing a team to pay their own players more, etc. but guys are still going where they want.

It seems like we want to criticize some of these guys for taking as much money as they can possibly get and then turn around and criticize others when they take less for a chance to win.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These last 2 years I lost a lot of Interest in the NBA. I am a Big Bulls fan but I was also a BIG NBA fan.

So you had no problem when the Bulls were pretty much guaranteed champs. But you now have an issue when it's someone else?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, you have your opinion just like everyone has theirs. By the way, I have watched these playoff and to me it doesn't make any differences, that KD went to a championship team. I always thought that if a person didn't/doesn't want to watch the NBA Finals, then that their right.
Fair enough. Like I said Im angry at the NBA. When u are a BIG fan and see a league get watered down like this is sad. Like I posted in my last post, I was BIG NBA fan not just a Bulls fan. I watched at least 1-2 games a night and would watch almost every NBA playoff game. My Interest is gone and once these playoffs started u saw it was a Joke. Besides the Bulls games I think I might watched some NBA games but most just lasted until half time(blow out every where). This type of NBA sucks to watch right now.

Some thought this would be a good Finals but I had a small feeling it wouldn't because I know Cavs didn't play anyone close to GS Level. Now to be Fair GS had a walk in the park but they also have the most talent.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your beef about the schedule but blaming Silver for this is stupid. The NBA never play NBA finals games on Saturday. If you want to complain about why the finals didn't start earlier then go right ahead but they're never going to play a finals game on a saturday. Finals should have started last sunday or this past tuesday though.

Actually it's even less their fault. They have to book the dates well before the conference championships start due to possibility of long series. The venues they are booking at have other events they can't just say "oh it was a sweep we are starting on Tuesday now, and changing all the other dates"

It sucks but it's not so simple

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA can't ever get to the level of other sports when it comes to parity. It will always be a sport where 1 or 2 players can make all of the difference. I mean, if you drop Lebron or KD on to the current Lakers...they are, at worst, a 2nd round playoff team in the West.

Also, I don't see how you can restrict player movement, especially if they are willing to take a little less to go where they want. The league has tried to restrict movement with salary caps, allowing a team to pay their own players more, etc. but guys are still going where they want.

It seems like we want to criticize some of these guys for taking as much money as they can possibly get and then turn around and criticize others when they take less for a chance to win.
Make it where each team can have 1 Max player, 1 mid Max player , and so on and so on. Break down each spot kind of like NFL draft salary for rookies. Salary scale. Example: your max player can get 30 mill a year, your Mid max can get 20 mil a year, your 3rd player highest can get 15 mil a year. So on and so on. This way most teams can only have 2 Top players and need to build with in. This way you now have More teams with top players.

Again this is off the top of my head Idea. its not well thought out but something like this would help.
All I know what they have now is not working. Change needs to be made Unless like I said they only want 2-3 teams that have shot.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it's even less their fault. They have to book the dates well before the conference championships start due to possibility of long series. The venues they are booking at have other events they can't just say "oh it was a sweep we are starting on Tuesday now, and changing all the other dates"

They did it before though

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is simple. There should be no plan dates because you don't know who will be in it. Its not like the Superbowl. Every other sport does it. So sorry no excuse here. MLB and NHL deal with the same crap and they get it done.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's beyond a joke that if the Warriors win a title that it means nothing for KD. That's complete asinine bullshit if I've ever heard it.

And this thing isn't over yet. Everyone freaked out and swayed their opinion off one game. The difference here though is that Lebron's the only player that can guard KD effectively on the Cavs. If he has to devote his full attention to KD, it's going to take away a bit from his offensive game. That's the key difference between this year and last.

Everyone was doing the same thing last year. Now I will say GS is just more lethal this year but anyone who watched Game 1 knows everything was going right for GS and the Cavs didnt play well. Lebron seens to get better in series' and we will see if KD keeps it up. Lebron in recent history usually loses Game 1's in the Finals so that is why I am not worrying too much. I mean if they take 1 out of 2 on the road that is a win IMO

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did u see the teams they had to get by and the league back then was tougher. They use to Bang back then. it was a battle. Yes Bulls were the best team but u can't say they had an easy walk. Playoffs were fun back then. Now yes they were super fun for a Bulls fan but nothing was a given. They had to earn those Championship with the amount of HOF and Top 50 players Jordan and the Bulls had to beat.

It was fun for you bc your team was winning but you are blind to that fact.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make it where each team can have 1 Max player, 1 mid Max player , and so on and so on. Break down each spot kind of like NFL draft salary for rookies. Salary scale. Example: your max player can get 30 mill a year, your Mid max can get 20 mil a year, your 3rd player highest can get 15 mil a year. So on and so on. This way most teams can only have 2 Top players and need to build with in. This way you now have More teams with top players.

Again this is off the top of my head Idea. its not well thought out but something like this would help.
All I know what they have now is not working. Change needs to be made Unless like I said they only want 2-3 teams that have shot.

Zero chance that happens. First of all, the Players Association will never agree to it and I seriously doubt the owners will either. Neither will agree to individual salaries being capped like that and teams being told how they can spend their money.

Why are you acting like only 2-3 teams having a shot is something new? That's pretty much how it's always been and the league keeps making more money and keeps growing every year. I heard recently that, worldwide, the NBA is close to overtaking soccer in popularity.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it again. This IQ level of this board dropped significantly over the last 2 years.

Kyrie is better than Lebron? LMAO at what? Because it damn sure isn't basketball

For the Cavs to win another championship, Irving will essentially HAVE to be the lead dog. Hes more alpha and clutch than Lebron.. hands down no contest. Lebron has to be great, but Irving has to be the best on the team for the Cavs to win.

Irving is gonna have to put up some ungodly numbers the rest of this finals for the Cavs to have a shot at beating GS.

Also, Irving just began or is entering his prime. Lebron's at the tail end of his most likely. So there is more upside with Irving at this point than there is Lebron.

The Days of Lebron being the go to lead dog and beating a team like the Warriors are over IMO. Irving has to take over at this point.'

For the Cavs to have a shot, Irving is gonna have to put up close 40ppg this finals, Lebron in the high 20s, and Love around mid 20ppg. and Smith/Shump/Korber gonna have to hit those 3's.

Lebron isn't as good as he was in Miami. So its time for Irving to take over

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They did not used to do that. The next series started 2-3 days after both teams were done playing.

They could simply provide a couple alternative start dates. Even holding game 1 Tuesday night would have been a lot better.