• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 476,551.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Them rims were very unkind last night. Neither team shot well, both missed a ton of wide-open looks, and for the W's a lot of them were in the paint.

I didn't necessarily think the Cavs were playing good defense, though. I saw quite a lot of standing around, not getting back in transition, and poor decision-making when KD had the ball.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gordontrue what's the deal with Frye? He is in the doghouse?

No, the coaching staff just seems to think he isn't right for the matchup. On one of the recent podcasts after the Boston series he made a remark about how he did his job and now he's just there for support. The context seemed to be that there wasn't much expectation of him being used in the Finals because of matchups.

I think he's worth a try for stretches to see how it goes. The Warriors came in with McAdoo in the 2nd quarter I think. I'd put Frye in whenever they do that if it were me.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure they did crush the Cavs tonight...but there is no such thing as a perfect game. I mean my gawd...if they had made those easy shots AND Klay finds his shot again what are we talking about? A 50 point loss???
As long as Thompson continues to play D like he has been I'll be Ok with that. They have enough guys who can take up the scoring slack. Would be nice to see him re-gain confidence in his shot though and have a big game.

Reactions: LAD

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Them rims were very unkind last night. Neither team shot well, both missed a ton of wide-open looks, and for the W's a lot of them were in the paint.

I didn't necessarily think the Cavs were playing good defense, though. I saw quite a lot of standing around, not getting back in transition, and poor decision-making when KD had the ball.
Yeah, not getting that strategy of everyone running out to cover the 3-point area and letting KD get to the basket uncontested. I know they live off of analytics these days but even the best 3-point shooters are hitting at a 50% clip so if this situation happens twice, the team will get three points out of it but with an uncontested dunk they make those 100% of the time so they get 4 points. Doesn't make sense. Follow the old adage to "stop the ball first".

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors can still play better on offense

That's what is so scary about the Warriors. They won by 22 with Klay and Dray shooting something like 6-28.

Having said that, the Cavs can play better defense too. The question is, can they improve enough to make a difference in the series. Especially if Klay and Dray get it going.

It also looked like the Cavs have no answer for KD.

Last edited:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 476,551.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not getting that strategy of everyone running out to cover the 3-point area and letting KD get to the basket uncontested. I know they live off of analytics these days but even the best 3-point shooters are hitting at a 50% clip so if this situation happens twice, the team will get three points out of it but with an uncontested dunk they make those 100% of the time so they get 4 points. Doesn't make sense. Follow the old adage to "stop the ball first".

Only Jefferson seemed to understand this. He played about as hard and as smart as anybody last night.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodness they beat them 56 -30 in points in the paint.

It looked like the Cavs sold out to stop the 3 point shot, but that left wide open lanes to the hoop. Then, when they adjusted to stop that, the Warriors hit a few 3's. Looked like a true "pick your poison" scenario for the Cavs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of us already knew Kyle Korver wasn't going to be a factor. Reason being is they eat him up when he has to defend ANYONE. So much so that they can't really keep him on the floor. Advantage Dubs. Now, they don't have a sharp shooter on the floor & really the only other 3pt shooter is Love whom is being guarded by KD and/or Dray and/or Klay. Advantage Dubs.

Yeah, the problem for the Cavs is that Korver is basically Kevin Love without the rebounds. He is more of a spot up shooter who can't really create his own shot. That makes him easy to defend for an athletic team like the Warriors.

At least with Love, if the Warriors chase him off the 3 point line, he can still get rebounds and do some work in the paint. Korver...not so much.

Reactions: LAD

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 476,551.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also looked like the Cavs have no answer for KD.

Nope. And that's going to be the monster matchup for the Cavs all series. He might have a bad shooting night but Cleveland doesn't have anybody that can lock him down.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup...

so much for certain Cavs fans here expecting he'd fold like a lawn chair when the pressure was on...:lol:

To be fair to that certain Cavs fan...the pressure isn't on just yet. Don't get me wrong, there's pressure because it's the finals. But, as the Warriors learned last year, the real pressure comes when it's time to close out the series.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wave bye to all the lebron fans. isnt that what happened last year? nobody showed their face till they came back

I don't think that's what happened. There were still Cavs fans around. I remember one prominent Cavs fan went AWOL, but I know @gordontrue and others were around.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 476,551.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo...do the Cavs goon it up in game 2?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 476,551.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's what happened. There were still Cavs fans around. I remember one prominent Cavs fan went AWOL, but I know @gordontrue and others were around.

Hey, you feelin better today? You were apologizing for tasteless jokes last night

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things I thought was interesting last night was that it was a pretty physical game. For the most part, the refs just "let them play."

I would have thought that would give the Cavs an advantage, but it sure didn't last night.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, you feelin better today? You were apologizing for tasteless jokes last night

I'm a rockstar, but sometimes I make mistakes or do things I don't like. When it happens, I try to apologize quickly and move forward.