• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked like the Cavs sold out to stop the 3 point shot, but that left wide open lanes to the hoop. Then, when they adjusted to stop that, the Warriors hit a few 3's. Looked like a true "pick your poison" scenario for the Cavs.
I'm pretty sure I told someone on here LBJ was going to have to pick his poison on defense because with KD out there he can no longer roam in the passing lanes.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure I told someone on here LBJ was going to have to pick his poison on defense because with KD out there he can no longer roam in the passing lanes.

Yeah, I agree. Lebron is one of the best defenders in the league, but he can't guard everyone and with the way the Warriors move the ball when they are right, there's no way for him to just sit in passing lanes because there are just too many lanes to cover.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what the

All of that is true enough, but the question I've had for quite a while now is what will they do with KD? The Bron free saftey role can't be played, and if they put Bron on KD for the whole game, it may wear him down on offense
We saw last night that LBJ can no longer guard KD.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I said was "adequate enough to give them a chance to win the game".

This Cavs defense will never be great. They are an elite team because of their offense. They need serviceable defense (which I believe they had last night) and elite offense (which they definitely did not have last night) for a chance to win a game against the Warriors.

Credit to the Warriors defense for disrupting the Cavs offense.
And this break down shows us that defense wins championships. So IMO it's asinine to think that their best defense is their offense when the team they're playing is the best defending AND offensive team.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only Jefferson seemed to understand this. He played about as hard and as smart as anybody last night.
I would like to see more D. West on Jefferson in this series. If I'm Brown I make sure West is in the game when they use Jefferson.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw last night that LBJ can no longer guard KD.

I think he still can. The problem is that if the Cavs tried that, it would be a fools errand of sorts.

He could slow KD way down. But then KD is just going to move the ball to Steph, Klay or Dray. Meanwhile, Lebron is using up all of his energy on defending KD and wouldn't have a lot left for offense, especially late in the game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a way I still hope the cavs can win 2 games.

I want the Lakers to hold on to that post-season record!

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he still can. The problem is that if the Cavs tried that, it would be a fools errand of sorts.

He could slow KD way down. But then KD is just going to move the ball to Steph, Klay or Dray. Meanwhile, Lebron is using up all of his energy on defending KD and wouldn't have a lot left for offense, especially late in the game.
Well the few times he tried last night he was blown by, so until he actually slows him down I'm gonna stick with he can no longer do it.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 330,000.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right, KD had 8 assists last night. Even if Lebron locks him down, that number jumps up to 12 or 15 quickly

Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, KD had 8 assists last night. Even if Lebron locks him down, that number jumps up to 12 or 15 quickly
I know the Dubs have great shooters - but KD is still the best iso player so letting him score at will to keep him from passing isn't exactly the best strategy IMO. But, none-the-less, I hope they continue to ride this strategy out. Better odds for GS.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron has a history of doing exactly that.

ckcsxnvwyaavhdp-jpg.124809