• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: - The difference is they have Kevin Durant for the times that Draymond and Klay Thompson fail to play good. Durant also provides the defense that the Warriors were missing last year
Exactly. Durant can score even when the offense breaks down. He is always a steady option when Curry goes off the rails as he sometimes does. I've always said "Big and Good" is better than "Small and Good" and Durant is a classic example.
The other difference between this and last year is that Curry is healthy this year.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year during their 73 win season, if you could put a word cloud on his post, the word he used to describe the team most often was "pathetic". I mean, that pretty much says it all.
"why, I outta........"

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year during their 73 win season, if you could put a word cloud on his post, the word he used to describe the team most often was "pathetic". I mean, that pretty much says it all.
Are you sure it wasn't "inexcusable"? I like that word a lot as well.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As great as GS has played, it is difficult to see them keep up this shooting. I mean KD is making EVERYTHING. Gotta give them credit but this series is far from over. I will say if Kyrie does not show up it is most likely OVER. If he does show up the Cavs can win Game 3 and make it a series.
They had 20 something turnovers in one game and missed 14 layups in the other and still blew the hapless Cavs out both games. Wait until they put one all together. Its really going to be ugly.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laugh at me all you want but still feel like a healthy Spurs team is and will be the best chance to knock off the Warriors for at least the next 2 years. They actually play defense and they don't get sucked in to playing the up and down game that the warriors want

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through 2 games, Steph has vastly outplayed Kyrie Irving. It's impossible to discern if it's more that Cleveland can't focus on him as much with KD brought into the mix or if this is more that Curry is finally healthy. But yeah, bringing up last year if pointless. Having said that, Cleveland still has Lebron James.

KD will get better stats in this series than Lebron, but that's because of the number of defenders that the Dubs can throw at Lebron - whereas with KD, the only true defender you can put on him from Cleveland's end is Lebron and possibly Shumpert, who the latter has become of a shell of himself defensively.
IMO Cleveland's strategy last year was to double up on Steph and it worked in the last few games.
I think we found out along with LBJ in this series that they simply cannot guard KD. And because he has Steph & Klay on the wings they can't double or triple him.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laugh at me all you want but still feel like a healthy Spurs team is and will be the best chance to knock off the Warriors for at least the next 2 years. They actually play defense and they don't get sucked in to playing the up and down game that the warriors want

probably right, but as currently constructed, I still dont see them winning it, maybe stealing a couple of wins against them though

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cavaliers might get one or two games, but Durant is not a better player than LeBron, but doesn't need to be. The Warriors have a team - the Cavs are 75% less than the Warriors. The Warriors best option is to let LeBron wear himself out doing everything - by the time the games ends, he will be to frazzled to play. I understand the work - I make really good money, but sometimes there are long hours just to keep up. I audit companies for insurance and it involves writing up reports for the insurance companies after going out to review the records for various companies. I am virtually on my computer 15 hours every day
IMO the difference is KD is in his prime & LBJ isn't. Don't get me wrong - LBJ is still a force to reckon with. But, he can't defend one on one like he used to for an extended length of time (like an entire game). KD doesn't have to worry about a help defender because of the other threats that GS has on offense.

Also, LBJ is going to be worn out by game 4. He's already logged so many minutes in the reg season averaging his 40 minutes a game. Now, he's being forced to average close to that if not more in this series because his team can't defend at a high level consistently.

I was amazed when Lue said their best defense is their offense, considering they're playing one of the top offensive teams in the league - that also defends at the same clip. I'm not sure exactly how they think that's a good strategy. Maybe if they're only considering winning a game or two?

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be interested to know lebron' s shooting percentage when he can't get in the paint. 6 feet and out. Not sure where they track that.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the difference is KD is in his prime & LBJ isn't. Don't get me wrong - LBJ is still a force to reckon with. But, he can't defend one on one like he used to for an extended length of time (like an entire game). KD doesn't have to worry about a help defender because of the other threats that GS has on offense.

Also, LBJ is going to be worn out by game 4. He's already logged so many minutes in the reg season averaging his 40 minutes a game. Now, he's being forced to average close to that if not more in this series because his team can't defend at a high level consistently.

I was amazed when Lue said their best defense is their offense, considering they're playing one of the top offensive teams in the league - that also defends at the same clip. I'm not sure exactly how they think that's a good strategy. Maybe if they're only considering winning a game or two?

I agree with a lot of what you said

Its just a complete mis-match here.......Lue is forced to use guys like Jefferson and Shumpert to defend, but are just useless offensive pieces.........There are moments where Deron Williams is on the floor with Shumpert, Jefferson and Korver

You just cant win against this GS team with that team on the floor even for 30 seconds

Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with a lot of what you said

Its just a complete mis-match here.......Lue is forced to use guys like Jefferson and Shumpert to defend, but are just useless offensive pieces.........There are moments where Deron Williams is on the floor with Shumpert, Jefferson and Korver

You just cant win against this GS team with that team on the floor even for 30 seconds
Couldn't agree more about that line up. Deron Williams lost his defensive edge years ago. Jefferson has his hands full with D. West and clearly doesn't bother KD when there's a switch.

The other thing I noticed was a lot of them are taking fouls to stop the fast break. But, the guys who are fouling are the ones that will be needed down the stretch. It's just not a good strategy IMO.

For GS I like McGee defending in the paint. While he can't stop LBJ once he goes barreling to the rim he does have an impact on everyone else trying to score.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more about that line up. Deron Williams lost his defensive edge years ago. Jefferson has his hands full with D. West and clearly doesn't bother KD when there's a switch.

The other thing I noticed was a lot of them are taking fouls to stop the fast break. But, the guys who are fouling are the ones that will be needed down the stretch. It's just not a good strategy IMO.

For GS I like McGee defending in the paint. While he can't stop LBJ once he goes barreling to the rim he does have an impact on everyone else trying to score.

Yup, just such a perfectly assembled team....Quality contributions from every player seeing minutes....I really hate KD but I have to admit he is absolutely the difference in this series....Take KD off this team, we are probably watching a classic series

This series is over IMO, but if Cleveland was to stave off embarrassment, they need to stop trying to run with this team, but of course that is hard, because its how they got here to begin with

Sometimes there are just no answers, and listening to lebron, I think he knows it

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, just such a perfectly assembled team....Quality contributions from every player seeing minutes....I really hate KD but I have to admit he is absolutely the difference in this series....Take KD off this team, we are probably watching a classic series

This series is over IMO, but if Cleveland was to stave off embarrassment, they need to stop trying to run with this team, but of course that is hard, because its how they got here to begin with

Sometimes there are just no answers, and listening to lebron, I think he knows it
I agree, LBJ knows he can't beat this team, but he of course can't come out & say that.

The ability of GS to shut down teams has been remarkable. It is the main reason I was saying that the Cavs really didn't measure up. The teams they were playing - and beating with ease - to get to the Finals was no comparison to what we're seeing.

A lot of us debated if Cleveland was really "that good" or if it was more based on the lack of talent on the teams they were playing in the post season. I think now we know GS & the Cavs are not equally matched up - and I think Lue & his team are figuring that out too.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw something interesting:

Through 2 Games KD has:

71 Points
14 Assists
22 Rebounds
5 Blocks
3 Steals

On the flip side, Harrison Barnes 7 games against Cleveland last year:

65 Points
10 assists
31 rebounds
3 Blocks
5 Steals

BUT THE BENCH GOT WEAKER!

Umm, those two are/were starters, backed up by Iggy.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to buy you a car right after I'm done paying off the engagement ring.
Cool, I've had my eye on the 2014 Audi Q7 (4.0). Would like black w/ tan interior.

Reactions: TJL

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends on who they add. Parker is on the decline, Manu may be gone, Aldridge is soft, and Gasol is nearly geriatric. Spurs need to continue to shake up the roster and build around Kawhi. Until we see who those pieces are, it's tough to tell how effective they will be.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep saying last year don't mean shit. finally I think a few are getting this message through their heads...

Yeah, the thing is, both teams improved. But the Warriors improved by adding arguably the 2nd best player in the world, while the Cavs added Kyle Korver and Deron Williams.

The Cavs adds were solid, but they just aren't KD.