• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation : Montalban is a faggot.

I think I speak for everyone when I say, I agree.

Last year during their 73 win season, if you could put a word cloud on his post, the word he used to describe the team most often was "pathetic". I mean, that pretty much says it all.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

iStock_000004312564XSmall1.jpg

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^This^^^

You can't come back against the Warriors playing iso basketball. They defend too well and they can defend pretty much any player the Cavs have, not named Lebron, 1 on 1. That makes iso almost impossible.

Lebron had a near triple double double in game 1 and got a triple double in game 2. If the Cavs don't win this series, it won't be because Lebron didn't show up.
The Warriors are playing the best team basketball since I saw the Pistons beat the Lakers when Kobe and Shaq were in control. Cleveland wouldn't even make the playoffs without LeBron, but the Warriors have to many weapons. Draymond Green Thompson didn't have their games 100% - With Kevin Durant - Cleveland is going to get whupped and possibly swept

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
132 points doesn't seem like overall good enough defense. 113 points isn't bad offense either. It looked to me like the Cavs were trying to beat the Warriors by playing at their pace.

The problem is, that's fools gold. The Cavs were able to stay close enough for long enough that they probably thought it was working.

Someone on here, I think it was @wildturkey suggested that the Cavs slow the pace down to keep the Warriors out of rhythm and limit their possessions. That may be their best bet. Not sure what else they can do at this point.

They have until Wednesday to come up with something. I'm sure being at home will help.
We have seen that one tried before and I think we are in agreement that won't work. I agree that the Cavs would be better to slow the pace down, but the problem is you can't force the Warriors to slow down on offense. If the Cavs don't get back in transition quickly, the Warriors is going to give them an ass whipping and the Warriors said last night that the difference in the second half was they pushed the tempo. The problem I saw when Phil Jackson kept trying to slow the tempo down was the other team was already set up in defense waiting for the Lakers who were trying to slow down the pace which made their shots harder. That is also my complaint about the Triangle offense - it slows down the game too much and is obsolete. As long as Phil Jackson forces the Knicks to work with the Triangle - they are not likely to get much better.
IMO

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors are playing the best team basketball since I saw the Pistons beat the Lakers when Kobe and Shaq were in control. Cleveland wouldn't even make the playoffs without LeBron, but the Warriors have to many weapons. Draymond Green Thompson didn't have their games 100% - With Kevin Durant - Cleveland is going to get whupped and possibly swept

Game 3 will say a lot. Things change on the road.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 3 will say a lot. Things change on the road.
IMO the only thing that can help the Cavs get a game in this series is if GS slows themselves down. It could be due to them being complacent or just tired from the schedule. But from what we've seen so far I think they really want to put this away as quickly as possible.

Cavs better have their A game if they want to win 1 of these 2 next games.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt but a sweep is very far fetched to me. Game 3 will tell it.
Disagree. I said it prior to the series starting & the Dubs have proved in the last two games they're not playing.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that far fetched to me anymore. It is legit one game away. If they win game 3 then a sweep is likely IMO

So we agree, game 3 will tell it

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have bad news for Warriors fans. Every single time the Cavs and Warriors have met for a Game 2 in the
NBA Finals, the winner of the game has gone on to lose the series.

It was still a good season, dubs. Better luck next year.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hilarious when people are counting out the Cavs and they haven't played a game in Cleveland. The Warriors looked great but they were at home. The environment in Cleveland is going to be a little different, to say the least.

so who's counting them out? most people I know say they got 'em against the ropes, though...

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who told him? That's supposed to be a secret.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have bad news for Warriors fans. Every single time the Cavs and Warriors have met for a Game 2 in the
NBA Finals, the winner of the game has gone on to lose the series.

It was still a good season, dubs. Better luck next year.
Warriors in 5. It will be awesome to see James' crybaby face. You know the one he breaks out when he doesn't get a call or he's preparing to blame a teammate for his own failure?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay people when wiggy returns no making fun of him.