• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:

I've never paid attention to it. Whether it's always been done that way or not. It seems kind of petty to me.

Hard to disagree with that. Petty or not, though, I can understand the mindset.

I would be blasting him if he hadn't invited the reporters to the locker room and answered all their questions there (which is apparently what Kawhi does every game).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much the same. Not great, but overall good enough. There were some really tough shooting fouls that the Cavs can't get caught with.

Again, though, I thought the biggest issue was offense. Especially outside shooting. Have to credit the Warriors for their defense, but if the Cavs are going to win they need their elite offense to actually be elite.

132 points doesn't seem like overall good enough defense. 113 points isn't bad offense either. It looked to me like the Cavs were trying to beat the Warriors by playing at their pace.

The problem is, that's fools gold. The Cavs were able to stay close enough for long enough that they probably thought it was working.

Someone on here, I think it was @wildturkey suggested that the Cavs slow the pace down to keep the Warriors out of rhythm and limit their possessions. That may be their best bet. Not sure what else they can do at this point.

They have until Wednesday to come up with something. I'm sure being at home will help.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As great as GS has played, it is difficult to see them keep up this shooting. I mean KD is making EVERYTHING. Gotta give them credit but this series is far from over. I will say if Kyrie does not show up it is most likely OVER. If he does show up the Cavs can win Game 3 and make it a series.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know you had another troll mode outside of "Warriors will lose". You're not good at it.
Everything I said about James is true. There is a record of it forever on Youtube. Check it out. He has a history of shrinking in the clutch and he did it again.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As great as GS has played, it is difficult to see them keep up this shooting. I mean KD is making EVERYTHING. Gotta give them credit but this series is far from over. I will say if Kyrie does not show up it is most likely OVER. If he does show up the Cavs can win Game 3 and make it a series.

Cavs need some Cav-esque shooting games. 3-20 from outside in the 1st half yesterday killed them.

I understand that the Warriors defense has a lot to do with it... but the Cavs have the personel to have a game or 2 of ridiculous 3-point shooting even against great defenses.

They need that these next 2 games.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I said about James is true. There is a record of it forever on Youtube. Check it out. He has a history of shrinking in the clutch and he did it again.

Ahh youtube. The gold standard of unbiased truth.

2011 called. They want their hot take back.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
132 points doesn't seem like overall good enough defense. 113 points isn't bad offense either. It looked to me like the Cavs were trying to beat the Warriors by playing at their pace.

The problem is, that's fools gold. The Cavs were able to stay close enough for long enough that they probably thought it was working.

Someone on here, I think it was @wildturkey suggested that the Cavs slow the pace down to keep the Warriors out of rhythm and limit their possessions. That may be their best bet. Not sure what else they can do at this point.

They have until Wednesday to come up with something. I'm sure being at home will help.

They slowed it down at times but when you hit 30 footers with a hand in your face you just have shake their hand and give it to him. When you leave guys like Iggy and Dray open and they make them, you shake their hand. I saw some pretty tough defense but it is also difficult to make great defense when you do stop them they get bailed out with calls as well. The point is the difference was outside shooting and Kyrie being cold ultimately. The Cavs attempted 12 more shots and the Warriors made 1 more shot. That isnt a good recipe. 8-29 from 3 just isnt good enough. I thought the defense through 3 quarters was actually good overall, they just couldnt miss.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year means nothing at this point. Different team. They have a guy in Durant who can basically cancel out Lebron when it comes to scoring output. Bringing up the Warriors losing a 3-1 lead last year is irrelevant. They did not have a Kevin Durant who happens to be a top 3 player in the world.

Agree. Assuming that as far as stats. KD and Lebron cancel each other out, you have Curry, Klay and Dray against Love and Kyrie as the top players. That gives the Warriors the advantage and the Warriors seem to have the better bench too.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know you had another troll mode outside of "Warriors will lose". You're not good at it.
Yea, I was worried because I didn't realize the Cavs were this shitty and that James would let himself get punked along with Irving.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh youtube. The gold standard of unbiased truth.

2011 called. They want their hot take back.
Since you apparently didn't get a chance to see the game, I DVR'd it and can send it to you.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of this is the Durant effect, though? I think its fair to at least ask.

I don't know whether Curry was unhealthy last year or not... but two games playing next to Durant isn't going to convince me of much on the subject.
Who gives a shit why. It was just hilarious to see Curry school James as he scurried around after him and got shaked out of his shoes as Curry took him to the hole. Nothing James could do on that play but pick up his jock off the floor and head back down court.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of this is the Durant effect, though? I think its fair to at least ask.

I don't know whether Curry was unhealthy last year or not... but two games playing next to Durant isn't going to convince me of much on the subject.
Of course it's related to playing with KD. It's what happens when superstars play together.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's irrelevant to the point anyway. LeBron did his thing and set the tone. He was incredible. The lead got out of control and he knew the only hope they had was getting his shooters going, which didn't happen.

^^^This^^^

You can't come back against the Warriors playing iso basketball. They defend too well and they can defend pretty much any player the Cavs have, not named Lebron, 1 on 1. That makes iso almost impossible.

Lebron had a near triple double double in game 1 and got a triple double in game 2. If the Cavs don't win this series, it won't be because Lebron didn't show up.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gordontrue

Ignore Montalban. He's a terrible troll and not even funny or entertaining. He's not a Warrior or even basketball fan. He just likes providing hot takes and not even good ones.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think some of this also has to do with the Cavs defense. The Warriors are getting lots of clean looks. In game 1 the Warriors attacked the basket with ease. In game 2 the Cavs defense shifted to guarding the interior more and left more guys out on the perimeter with easier looks. It's kind of a pick your poison with this team.

There will be a game where the Warriors struggle to shoot the ball, that's why their defense is so key to this series. The biggest thing is that TT has been rendered ineffective so far, and that's huge to the Warriors game plan. For them to win, they have to be able to control the boards and not allow many second chance opportunities for the Cavs who are an elite scoring team. If TT can't be out there to do that, then it only boosts the Warriors chances, IMO.

Lue has to figure out a way to counter what the Warriors are doing. If I'm him, I consider starting Channing Frye at C in game 3 and Let Tristan come off the bench. I'd let Tristan guard either Livingston or Iguodala and have him sag off in the paint and dare them to shoot. I'd have Frye with the Starters to just space the court and he wouldn't have to do much defensively guarding Pachulia. The Warriors would like just run P&R all day with Frye, but on the flip side he'd be a major threat offensively and open up the paint for Lebron and Kyrie.