• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Toronto Raptors vs Golden State Warriors

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the Warriors do have the best defense and just choose when to apply it. Meaning, they are the best defensive team whenever needed. That's enough for me.
So now you are back tracking on your previous statements.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, the Nolan saga is a long and weird one. He was banned from our original Disney board, changed his handle several times and was banned serveral times. We migrated here at the close of the Disney boards and he tried several handles before being told that if he tried it again, he’d be permabanned. He’s been a good boy since.

And by “good” I mean “irritating as hell on other forums.”

The guy sounds like a clown.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, people can't even let the Raptors enjoy their moment.

If he does leave, I will be shocked.

Can't blame Masai.

This was clearly the correct move.

Put Kawhi and the team in a position to win it all.

This latest edition of “Will Kawhi Leonard Stay In Toronto?” started from a simple, celebratory Instagram Live video from Kawhi’s sister, Miesha Slayton. After the Raptors’ Game 6 win over the Milwaukee Bucks on Saturday, Slayton took to Instagram for a live session. We could see as she was reading off comments from fans from all over the world. But then, a voice in the background shouted, “They know darn well he ain’t gonna be there next year.”

Slayton would eventually take down the Instagram Live video, which seemingly produced the opposite result she wanted and fueled rumors even more. Without even knowing who the voice belonged to, NBA fans took hold of that anonymous comment as proof that Leonard would leave Toronto after this single season. NBA Twitter seemed to speculate — out of nowhere — that the voice belonged to Leonard’s uncle. But according to Slayton, the voice neither belonged to her uncle nor a member of her family. She posted to Instagram that the voice was just a Raptors hater that she was watching the game with. She told a Raptors Republic contributor that her uncle wasn’t even in California.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy sounds like a clown.
4814301990_b4d380b972_b.jpg

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't blame Masai.

This latest edition of “Will Kawhi Leonard Stay In Toronto?” started from a simple, celebratory Instagram Live video from Kawhi’s sister, Miesha Slayton. After the Raptors’ Game 6 win over the Milwaukee Bucks on Saturday, Slayton took to Instagram for a live session. We could see as she was reading off comments from fans from all over the world. But then, a voice in the background shouted, “They know darn well he ain’t gonna be there next year.”

Slayton would eventually take down the Instagram Live video, which seemingly produced the opposite result she wanted and fueled rumors even more. Without even knowing who the voice belonged to, NBA fans took hold of that anonymous comment as proof that Leonard would leave Toronto after this single season. NBA Twitter seemed to speculate — out of nowhere — that the voice belonged to Leonard’s uncle. But according to Slayton, the voice neither belonged to her uncle nor a member of her family. She posted to Instagram that the voice was just a Raptors hater that she was watching the game with. She told a Raptors Republic contributor that her uncle wasn’t even in California.
Tune in next week for another episode of 'Days Of Our Kawhis'

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't blame Masai.

Yeah, worst case is Toronto loses badly in the Finals and Kawhi leaves. Masai took a gamble and it's paid off in the short term; the franchise's first NBA Finals appearance.

If he stayed with the core as is along with Casey as a coach, they likely lose to Philly in the 2nd round. Still no better than last year, and it wouldn't be Lebron that cast them out in the playoffs.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, worst case is Toronto loses badly in the Finals and Kawhi leaves. Masai took a gamble and it's paid off in the short term; the franchise's first NBA Finals appearance.

If he stayed with the core as is along with Casey as a coach, they likely lose to Philly in the 2nd round. Still no better than last year, and it wouldn't be Lebron that cast them out in the playoffs.

If he leaves, maybe they sign another big name FA...the offseason story is still wide open

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he leaves, maybe they sign another big name FA...the offseason story is still wide open

Highly doubt it. If you take Kawhi's $21 mil off the books next year (he has a player option), they're still at $110 mil which is around the cap. They wouldn't have the necessary space to sign a tier 1 FA (Klay, KD, Kyrie, etc...). Gasol would need to opt out of his $25 mil player option next year (not going to happen) and hope that a star player comes in at a discount. Having said that, if Kawhi leaves, Toronto's rebuilding and I don't see a top tier player coming to Toronto to play with just Lowry.

Toronto Raptors Team Payroll | Basketball-Reference.com

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is literally no scenario that plays out from this point on where trading for Kawhi was a bad move. If he leaves, he will be wished well and everyone's lives will continue. If the Raps get swept, the ride here was fun as hell.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly doubt it. If you take Kawhi's $21 mil off the books next year (he has a player option), they're still at $110 mil which is around the cap. They wouldn't have the necessary space to sign a tier 1 FA (Klay, KD, Kyrie, etc...). Gasol would need to opt out of his $25 mil player option next year (not going to happen) and hope that a star player comes in at a discount. Having said that, if Kawhi leaves, Toronto's rebuilding and I don't see a top tier player coming to Toronto to play with just Lowry.

If he leaves the Raptors will look to strip down entirely and rebuild around Siakam and Anunoby. Anyone they can cash in on they would.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks, I don't pay much attention to team's cap situations, except the Ws a little bit