• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NBA FINALS!!! SA vs MIA

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron got cramps and had to be carried out like he was in the jungles of Da Nang.

I can't stand Lebron, but I can tell you, without question, severe cramping in your legs will completely debilitate a person. Now he should have been able to get hydrated and stretched out in time to play at the end of the game, but that didn't happen.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic played a whole series with a torn hamstring.

Umm... Magic pulled his hamstring in the final minutes of Game 2. He left the game and didn't return. He did try to go in Game 3 but lasted only 5 minutes. He didn't play at all after that. And they lost the Finals.

I understand the field day people are having with LeBron, it doesn't bother me. The sharks have been waiting in the water for years and finally got a glimpse of a trickle of blood. Let them have their fun.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Lebron is really tough, you just don't realize it. And he's better than MJ ever was cause he weighs [B[35[/B] lbs more."

The only people who will tell you Lebron is better than Jordan are Heat fans or they are from Ohio. You could make an argument that Lebron is the most physically gifted player ever to play the game and you could even argue they are comparable in the regular season -- But you won't find a single GM who would take Lebron over Michael Jordan once the playoffs started.

Lebron is in the top 3-5 players of all time. Jordan IS the best player of all time. Lebron lacks Jordan killer instinct. Jordan would dunk over his own mom if he needed to, to win a game. With the game on the line, everyone in the building knew Jordan was going to have the ball in his hands and would be taking the shot.

Also -- Lebron disappears WAAAAY too much in the NBA finals. Especially in the 4th quarters, not even including last night's game.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last 6 times Heat lost game 1 of a series

2011 ECF - Bulls win Game 1... Heat take game 2, win in 5
2012 Finals - Thunder win Game 1... Heat take game 2 win in 5
2013 2nd Round - Bulls win Game 1... Heat take game 2 win in 5
2013 Finals - Spurs win Game 1... Heat take game 2 win in 7
2014 ECF - Pacers win Game 1... Heat take game 2 win in 6
2014 Finals - Spurs win Game 1...

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still no one has answered about wether or not SA practiced all week outside like I keep hearing (from people in SA). That would change alot to their conditioning.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im with ya Gordon, the Heat dont lose back to back. They play best after a loss. Miami wins Game 2 and wins in 6

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im with ya Gordon, the Heat dont lose back to back. They play best after a loss. Miami wins Game 2 and wins in 6

ok.gif

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 4 of the 1997 NBA Finals.

It would later be learned that a Bulls team assistant had mistakenly replaced the players’ Gatorade with GatorLode, a heavy drink used for building carbs. “It was like eating baked potatoes,” explained trainer Chip Schaeffer. Down the stretch, Chicago’s players complained of stomach cramps and Jordan even asked to sit for a time, something he never did at a key moment.

Circumstances out of the players’ control? Check.

Cramping? Check.

Asking out of an NBA Finals game? Check.

Just as LeBron couldn’t do anything about the lack of air conditioning in San Antonio, Jordan couldn’t control for the team assistant. The results and effect were the same.

Michael Jordan left an NBA Finals game due to cramps, too | ProBasketballTalk

Must not have been very long. He was in with 3 minutes left in the game. You know, crunch time...

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typically the SPURS tend to coast and sleepwalk in game 2s.
I don't think that will happen now thanks to this storyline.

This has to be pissing San Antonio off like nothing else.
It is one of the greatest locker room bulletin board material for them in ages.

If anything can fire up the usually robotic Spurs, this storyline will do it.
It is a complete and utter lack of respect for the Spurs.
The media is essentially telling a 62-20 team they couldn't win on their own merits..

Miami is doing themselves a dis-service by allowing this to simmer.
They would be better off changing the chatter....and hoping to catch SA napping in game 2.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typically the SPURS tend to coast and sleepwalk in game 2s.
I don't think that will happen now thanks to this storyline.

This has to be pissing San Antonio off like nothing else.
It is one of the greatest locker room bulletin board material for them in ages.

If anything can fire up the usually robotic Spurs, this storyline will do it.
It is a complete and utter lack of respect for the Spurs.
The media is essentially telling a 62-20 team they couldn't win on their own merits..

Miami is doing themselves a dis-service by allowing this to simmer.
They would be better off changing the chatter....and hoping to catch SA napping in game 2.

Can you explain a little further? Your posts are always solid, I'm just trying to understand this one.

What material? That the storyline is about LeBron's cramps instead of the Spurs pulling out the win with a phenomenal 4th qtr performance? That's all media, I don't see Miami chattering about that, except when asked direct questions.

I don't see how anyone could argue that LeBron's absence in the final minutes greatly impacted the game. His teammates failed to step up in that situation while the Spurs did step up big time. The Spurs very easily could have won with LeBron still out there, but it would've been nice to see either way.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Sportsman. The electrolytes are so named because most of them operate in the biochemical milieu of the body as charged ions. Calcium is directly involved in muscle contraction/relaxation and potassium is involved in cellular homeostasis with the Sodium/Potassium transport pump. Magnesium is used in many enzymatic pathways as cofactors. All of the elcetrolytes create osmotic presure that holds or eliminates water when it becomes to low or in excess.

The tripping point for extreme cramps is deficiencies in electrolyte balance in conjuction with low water AND exterior heat. Guys with more muscle mass generate higher internal muscular temps. LBJ is a highly muscular guy. So he will be more susceptible to heat-induced cramps. When he seized up, there was no way he could continue. The mortis quality of his muscles would create great pain and near paralysis in his skeletal muscles which are structurally different than cardiac and smooth muscle. He would not be able to walk and running would be impossible

So the treatment and thus the prevention is fluids and electrolytes, stretching, and ice especially when an unplanned situation that occurred last night happens. I have worked with athletes here in Phoenix who routinely play in the heat and that is the regiment we used constantly. It works in nearly every case.

As I stated earlier last night, the Miami medical staff dropped the ball on this one both pre-game and during the rising temperatures. They should have had better nutrition as a matter of precaution and team appraoch pre-game (not just because they knew it would get hot which they didn't) and Spoelstra should have been rotating guys quicker and the cold sports drinks and ice should have been copiously flowing the minute it got hot and the word came down the AC was inoperative.

Great post :10: