• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NBA FINALS!!! SA vs MIA

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you never knew?

Spurs, Cowboys, Oklahoma/Vanderbilt fan

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After surviving a six-game series with Oklahoma City, the usually demure Duncan told TNT's David Aldridge during an on-court interview that, "We've got four more to win. We'll do it this time."
Then, in his postgame press conference, he added, "We're happy to have another opportunity at it. We're happy it's the Heat again...we'll be ready for them."

Again, that's not exactly Richard Sherman-esque, or Lance Stephenson-ian.

Still, James' ears perked and eyebrows raised when he heard them, even though he recognized that Duncan was showing belief in his team, "which he should."

"I think both teams are professionals," James said Monday. "Both teams have a state-of-the-art organization. But they don't like us. They don't. I could sense it from Timmy's comments over the last couple days. They wanted this, they wanted us, and we'll be ready for the challenge."

LeBron James to San Antonio Spurs: 'They Wanted Us. They Got Us.' | Bleacher Report

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The heat definitely took note of timmy comments after the game and in the postgame press conference

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cot damn Skip Clueless is a Spurs fan?

These are dark days indeed for the San Antonio franchise!

h6141A365

That's okay. Barkley and Stephen A. have both picked the Heat, so they cancel each other out and the series goes back to even.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why you guys act like Stephen A is bad at predictions. He is actually really good

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A predicted with 100% certainly that OKC would blow out SA in game 6.

Without even a sliver of doubt or wiggle room....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and he also picked SAS in 6 before the series. Are we really going to bitch about game by game predictions in a playoffs series ? Predicting who wins each game in a series is extremely hard

You act like you thought the Spurs were going to win G6. Based on the first 5 games of the series, it seems like it was OKC turn to win in a blow out

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why you guys act like Stephen A is bad at predictions. He is actually really good

Here are some fun quotes from Stephen A Smith during the 2012 playoffs.

I hope they are uncomfortable. I hope they are stressed. I hope they are embarrassed. I hope everything. Because they have flagarantly failed to live up to expectations. There is so many things they have done wrong.

Q: Is Miami done?
SAS: Yes. Finished. It's over.

I don't believe they want it bad enough. They certainly aren't winning an NBA Championship. Not only is this series over... everything is over for Miami.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cot damn Skip Clueless is a Spurs fan?

These are dark days indeed for the San Antonio franchise!

h6141A365

Rob, you and Horns are actually tolerable Spurs fans. I feel bad for you that he's part of your fan base.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A predicted with 100% certainly that OKC would blow out SA in game 6.

Without even a sliver of doubt or wiggle room....

Stephen A is a joke. Sometimes espn is a joke too.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Stephen A because of his attitude .. but the dude is clown sometimes.. (in my Stephen A voice).. I really like this Paul George. I would give him one of my kidneys. I know he has two functioning kidneys, but I really like this young man.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A is dear friends with every NBA player

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am way too fired up for this series considering how far away game 1 still is. This is going to be a long couple of days.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you never knew?

Spurs, Cowboys, Oklahoma/Vanderbilt fan

I knew he was a Cowboys fan, if by fan you mean shitting all over Tom Landry's legacy just to make money writing a book and spending half a football season trying to prove Troy Aikman is gay in order to sell another book.

I knew he was a LeBron Hater. Another reason I have disclaimed my membership in the Heat Haters' Club. Bayless is damn near the president.

Had no idea he was an actual Spurs fan though.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Stephen A because of his attitude .. but the dude is clown sometimes.. (in my Stephen A voice).. I really like this Paul George. I would give him one of my kidneys. I know he has two functioning kidneys, but I really like this young man.

:laugh3:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to openly reject all of this "Spurs are a little better, Heat are a little worse" talk.

We're talking about Mills and Diaw and Battier and Miller, when Dwyane Wade is far, far more healthy than he was last year in the Finals. If we're comparing the state of each team in the NBA finals from last year to this year, this Heat team looks to be in a much better place, IMO.

Have people forgotten how bad Wade was in the Finals last year? His +/- for the series was -54. He couldn't shoot an open jumper to save his life. He played basically half a season this year, led all guards in fg%, is hitting his jumpers at an elite level, has enjoyed week-long rests between each round and is looking great.

All this talk about the Heat being worse because of their record is a joke. They sacrificed a great regular season record for a reason and so far it is paying off.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to openly reject all of this "Spurs are a little better, Heat are a little worse" talk.

We're talking about Mills and Diaw and Battier and Miller, when Dwyane Wade is far, far more healthy than he was last year in the Finals. If we're comparing the state of each team in the NBA finals from last year to this year, this Heat team looks to be in a much better place, IMO.

Have people forgotten how bad Wade was in the Finals last year? His +/- for the series was -54. He couldn't shoot an open jumper to save his life. He played basically half a season this year, led all guards in fg%, is hitting his jumpers at an elite level, has enjoyed week-long rests between each round and is looking great.

All this talk about the Heat being worse because of their record is a joke. They sacrificed a great regular season record for a reason and so far it is paying off.

I am really trying to keep all of this quiet, every body is publicly on SA and that is how I like it. I am hoping MIA loses game 1 by 40 and I will put the house on MIA to win the series at +200 odds.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. That 27-game winning streak had everyone thinking this Heat team was unstoppable last year. I didn't get my jimmies rustled after the struggles in March and April. I knew that we were saving Wade for moments like this. Still though, the Spurs are a serious team. I wouldn't even be surprised if the Spurs get game 1 at this point. Seems to be the norm as Miami adapts after the 1st game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. That 27-game winning streak had everyone thinking this Heat team was unstoppable last year. I didn't get my jimmies rustled after the struggles in March and April. I knew that we were saving Wade for moments like this. Still though, the Spurs are a serious team. I wouldn't even be surprised if the Spurs get game 1 at this point. Seems to be the norm as Miami adapts after the 1st game.

Some of you Heat fans are forgetting that Ginobili played horribly in the finals last year. I wouldn't expect that 2 years in a row.