• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals. Cleveland vs. Golden State...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see this happening. The way the last 2 NBA Finals have gone in Cleveland, if the Cavs jump out to a big lead in the 1st quarter, it almost ensures that they win the game. If it's a close one at half, then the Cavs lose.

Im not saying Cavs can’t win, but I expect Warriors to go for jugular.
They’re too smart to think they can relax and give the Cavs confidence.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard something on SportsCenter this AM.

Non-Lee Brown-led NBA teams down 0-2 in a best of seven have won the series less than 6% of the time.

Lee Brown-led NBA teams down 0-2 in a best of seven have won the series 43% of the time.

Lee Brown James: GOAT and @DorianRo's mom's love interest.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so is tonight going to be the Cavs token win? or will it be game 4?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard something on SportsCenter this AM.

Non-Lee Brown-led NBA teams down 0-2 in a best of seven have won the series less than 6% of the time.

Lee Brown-led NBA teams down 0-2 in a best of seven have won the series 43% of the time.

Lee Brown James: GOAT and @DorianRo's mom's love interest.
\

The GOAT

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably a real quote but probably taken out of context in order to generate clicks. If you were to look at a transcript I'm sure you wouldn't find anything as egregious as that headline.

Pretty much. The reporter told LeBron that people have been criticizing him for not picking up his teammates. (I think the reporter was referring to the video of the bench before Game 1 OT ??). In context, "picking up" meant motivating and inspiring them not "putting them on your back".

LeBron answered by sarcastically saying that he can't believe he would ever be criticized for something. "Me? Criticized? No!". Said he'll get criticized no matter what, and followed that up by saying "I mean, we're here in the NBA Finals, how much more picking up teammates do you want me to do".

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much. The reporter told LeBron that people have been criticizing him for not picking up his teammates. (I think the reporter was referring to the video of the bench before Game 1 OT ??). In context, "picking up" meant motivating and inspiring them not "putting them on your back".

LeBron answered by sarcastically saying that he can't believe he would ever be criticized for something. "Me? Criticized? No!". Said he'll get criticized no matter what, and followed that up by saying "I mean, we're here in the NBA Finals, how much more picking up teammates do you want me to do".

Agree with most of this, but it's something that you really can't say.

Of course he's being criticized and rightfully so, imo. He's the team leader and he looked like he was having a mini meltdown. Pair that with how they played in OT and it's a bad look.

He can say whatever the hell he wants/needs to in the locker room after the game. But in that moment he needed to be the guy bringing everyone together and telling them to "Shake it off, it's still a winnable game. We have 5 more minutes to play."

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, a 3-1 lead is impossible to overcome in the Finals.

I would caution everyone about over celebrating tonight..... team, fans, organization. you won? great. smile for a minute and figure out how you are going to take game 4......

winning the series takes winning one in enemy territory, and you had it in your hands, and you shit the bed and gave the win back......

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with most of this, but it's something that you really can't say.

Of course he's being criticized and rightfully so, imo. He's the team leader and he looked like he was having a mini meltdown. Pair that with how they played in OT and it's a bad look.

He can say whatever the hell he wants/needs to in the locker room after the game. But in that moment he needed to be the guy bringing everyone together and telling them to "Shake it off, it's still a winnable game. We have 5 more minutes to play."

Totally agree. He didn't handle the moment well and I think he knows it. Who knows, OT could've gone a lot differently if he doesn't act defeated.

The answer he gave the reporter was a bit dismissive/defensive, but it also wasn't what the headline makes it sound like.