• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals. Cleveland vs. Golden State...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. I heard them say that he wouldn't get a tech because he was already kicked out. Suspension is a different matter.

This might have already mentioned but I saw he got fined 25K but didn't hear anything about a suspension. And his flagrant 2 foul was downgraded to a 1.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would actually be the reason he WOULD be suspended. He was already thrown out, so issuing a tech at that point is pointless, next level of punishment is suspension.

Like I just said to trojanfan12 I have yet to see anything about him getting suspended. But that doesn't mean it won't happen. But if the league was going to suspend him wouldn't they have announced it already?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey @ least this year you'll probably be right.:D Not starting any shit but I do remember you saying he was gonna walk after the '14-'15 season. You also said during the '15-'16 season he would walk but changed your tune after the Cavs pulled off the greatest upset in Finals history.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might have already mentioned but I saw he got fined 25K but didn't hear anything about a suspension. And his flagrant 2 foul was downgraded to a 1.

Yeah, it looks like he's just getting fined. I think that's the right call. Glad he's not suspended.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @ least this year you'll probably be right.:D Not starting any shit but I do remember you saying he was gonna walk after the '14-'15 season. You also said during the '15-'16 season he would walk but changed your tune after the Cavs pulled off the greatest upset in Finals history.

I havent predicted hed leave to this point.
Lets see how this series goes.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be shocked if LeBron plays next season in a Cavs uniform.

Yeah, even though he and Gilbert clearly don't like each other. I think that if Lebron had his way, he'd just as soon stay in Cleveland and retire a Cav.

Because of that, I think he'll give them every opportunity to improve the roster.

I just don't see how they can improve it enough to even get him out of the East again (assuming the Celtics and Sixers stay healthy), let alone get him another ring.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be shocked if LeBron plays next season in a Cavs uniform.

No chance he comes back to this roster.
Maybe if Love and the draft pick are turned into something he gives them another year?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, even though he and Gilbert clearly don't like each other. I think that if Lebron had his way, he'd just as soon stay in Cleveland and retire a Cav.

Because of that, I think he'll give them every opportunity to improve the roster.

I just don't see how they can improve it enough to even get him out of the East again (assuming the Celtics and Sixers stay healthy), let alone get him another ring.

It would be nice to see LeBron retire as a Cav. But I can understand if he leaves. I still think Gilbert made a mistake getting rid of Griffin. I guess this off season we'll see how good this new GM is. I think it'll take a miracle to greatly improve the roster though.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance he comes back to this roster.
Maybe if Love and the draft pick are turned into something he gives them another year?

Could be. But right now it's impossible to guess what the Cavs might try to pull off.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice to see LeBron retire as a Cav. But I can understand if he leaves. I still think Gilbert made a mistake getting rid of Griffin. I guess this off season we'll see how good this new GM is. I think it'll take a miracle to greatly improve the roster though.

Yeah, I think getting rid of Griffin might have been a bigger mistake than getting rid of Kyrie. At least Lebron trusted Griffin to be able to do something. I doubt he trusts the new guy and he damn sure doesn't trust Gilbert.

The Cavs are stuck between a rock and a hard place as far as improving their roster.

In order to have a shot at at least getting out of the East, they need Lebron and 2 other stars, imo (and that's not even talking about beating the Warriors).

I don't see the #8 getting them a star either through the draft or via trade. If they pair Love with the #8, that could get them a star, but they would still be 1 star short.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think getting rid of Griffin might have been a bigger mistake than getting rid of Kyrie. At least Lebron trusted Griffin to be able to do something. I doubt he trusts the new guy and he damn sure doesn't trust Gilbert.

The Cavs are stuck between a rock and a hard place as far as improving their roster.

In order to have a shot at at least getting out of the East, they need Lebron and 2 other stars, imo (and that's not even talking about beating the Warriors).

I don't see the #8 getting them a star either through the draft or via trade. If they pair Love with the #8, that could get them a star, but they would still be 1 star short.

At least they’d still have Tristan and JR.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be. But right now it's impossible to guess what the Cavs might try to pull off.

Also, its not like James can recruit a player like Love, knowing the other team will do it like with Wiggins.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All the reasons you mentioned are why I think he leaves. The moves they would need to make seem next to impossible.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob Lowe pitching Atkins products.....I bet it tastes like hot buttered garbage.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This. They aren't going to be able to improve that much and James will be a year older.

And Boston and Philly will be better next season.