• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA draft mistakes 4.0: The Minnesota T-Wolves in 2009

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pick:

#5 or #6 Ricky Rubio or Jonny Flynn

Rubio has been a solid and steady PG but not worth his draft position and Flynn never bounced back from an injury he sustained.

The Miss:

#7 Steph Curry.

Curry is arguably the best outside shooter of all time. Curry is a 2-time MVP and 3-time NBA champion. Curry may have come from a smaller school but if they took him over Rubio who was coming from overseas they could have changed the course of their franchise.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pick:

#5 or #6 Ricky Rubio or Jonny Flynn

Rubio has been a solid and steady PG but not worth his draft position and Flynn never bounced back from an injury he sustained.

The Miss:

#7 Steph Curry.

Curry is arguably the best outside shooter of all time. Curry is a 2-time MVP and 3-time NBA champion. Curry may have come from a smaller school but if they took him over Rubio who was coming from overseas they could have changed the course of their franchise.

No Flynn was the mistake. The knock on Curry was that they didn't believe he could be a PG in the NBA and though he was an undersized 2. Rubio was a highly touted prospect from overseas, but more importantly he was a PURE point guard who was 6'4" and could potentially guard 2's. And the knock on Rubio was that he couldn't shoot, and guess what Curry's strength was? That was literally the best combination of guys they could put together and they just drafted the wrong guy next to Rubio.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Flynn was the mistake. The knock on Curry was that they didn't believe he could be a PG in the NBA and though he was an undersized 2. Rubio was a highly touted prospect from overseas, but more importantly he was a PURE point guard who was 6'4" and could potentially guard 2's. And the knock on Rubio was that he couldn't shoot, and guess what Curry's strength was? That was literally the best combination of guys they could put together and they just drafted the wrong guy next to Rubio.
True.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rubio and Curry would have been a sick backcourt....they might have been able to do a little something.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I alluded to in the other thread, I still think Curry to the Wolves would have doomed his career. It was Keke Lyles who figured out his ankle issues had been caused by lack of core strength, is there someone in Minnesota that would have caught that?

Don't get me wrong, Flynn was absolutely the wrong pick, I would love to have Curry, I am just not sure what we see is what the Wolves would have gotten.