• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA championship: Celtics vs Mavs

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... you just compared Austin Reeves and Kristaps Porzingis on the same plane...

... and you think that you just dunked on me with that sort of analysis.

:crazy:... :D

Zinger is the Celtics 3rd best player, Austin Reaves is the Lakers 3rd best player. So it is the same plane.

And you're here trying to put the Celtics losing Zinger on the same plane as the Heat not having Butler and others, and the Pacers not having Halliburton and others.

So, you're dunking on yourself.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zinger is the Celtics 3rd best player, Austin Reaves is the Lakers 3rd best player. So it is the same plane.
You're another poster in a lengthening list that seems hellbent on proving my point that the Celtics have a superior roster.

Watching you haters unwittingly talk up how awesome the Celtics are is pretty amusing. :D
And you're here trying to put the Celtics losing Zinger on the same plane as the Heat not having Butler and others, and the Pacers not having Halliburton and others.

So, you're dunking on yourself.
I've done no such thing, and I dare you to pull any quote of mine where I've done what you're suggesting here.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're another poster in a lengthening list that seems hellbent on proving my point that the Celtics have a superior roster.

What's hilarious is that's what you think anyone is saying. Everyone is saying that a team losing it's best player hurts more than a team losing it's 3rd best player. The rest of the roster has nothing to do with it. Not sure why that's so difficult for Celtics fans to grasp.
I've done no such thing, and I dare you to pull any quote of mine where I've done what you're suggesting here.

No prob.

^ This is just another way of saying that the Celtics are a very, very good team.

Other teams lose a key guy, they're toast. The C's just roll on.

Again... the Celtics are being graded on a curve because their roster is really, really good.

On other rosters, a key injury is fatal... for the Celtics, it's a stubbed toe.

I'll also add that folks forget how good Zinger is, particularly in a playoff situation. He's not just a 20 ppg big that stretches the floor... he is a very good defender: bigs that have some ability to defend in space are worth their weight in gold in the modern NBA.

But the fact that Zinger is "only" the 3rd or 4th (a case could be made for Derrick White as the 3rd most important important player on Boston's roster) is my point.

You guys are repeatedly highlighting just how darn good the Celtics are.

In every one of these posts you claim that the Celtics have overcome missing Zinger because their roster is so good. Those teams you beat were without their best players, plus other important players.

If the Celtics were without Tatum or Brown and the teams they faced were healthy and the Celtics beat them anyway...that would be because of an awesome roster.

Considering who the opponents were missing and who the Celtics were missing, the Celtics have done what they should do as a title contending team...nothing more.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's hilarious is that's what you think anyone is saying. Everyone is saying that a team losing it's best player hurts more than a team losing it's 3rd best player. The rest of the roster has nothing to do with it. Not sure why that's so difficult for Celtics fans to grasp.
^ Of course a team losing its best player is worse than a team losing its 3rd best player.

What are you gonna argue next... that 2 + 2 = 4?
Big prob, apparently.

In precisely zero of those quotes did I say or suggest anything like "the Celtics losing Zinger is on the same plane as the Heat not having Butler and others, and the Pacers not having Halliburton and others."
In every one of these posts you claim that the Celtics have overcome missing Zinger because their roster is so good.
Right. Furthermore, having Zinger as their #3 or #4 highlights just how good the Celtics are.

Apparently, these points are a problem for you... which is laughable.
... Those teams you beat were without their best players, plus other important players.

If the Celtics were without Tatum or Brown and the teams they faced were healthy and the Celtics beat them anyway...that would be because of an awesome roster.
The real point is that if all rosters were at peak health, the Celtics are strongly likely to still be in the Finals.

The only ? is Miami... that would have been a great series.
Considering who the opponents were missing and who the Celtics were missing, the Celtics have done what they should do as a title contending team...nothing more.
Yeah, the Celtics have overwhelmed their opponents... as they should have.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what you said. So you're a casual fan......got it.

Since 10 years as the commish isn't new....LMAO.
He’s the new commish to me, I grew up with Stern, so run along now … Go Sonics

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are clearly missing my point and showing how slow you are. You brought up 1 series per year.

Also the 16 Cavs only beat the Warriors because of Draymond. Warriors had a 3-1 lead with game 5 at home

And I don't have outrage. Celtics fans act like they can't admit they gotten a pass/had an easier road due to ALL of their opponents is my beef. Can't compare KP being out to teams missing their #1.

They very well may be in the finals if Miami and Cleveland were healthy but would have needed more than 5 games to get by both
Not sure I can agree.

How can you discount both Zinger and Haliburton both avg 20ppg. Haliburton is the better play maker due to his position. Zinger is a rim defender and a threat from 3pt range. He may not be the #1,2 or even 3rd option on Boston but he certainly changes how opposing teams have to play when he's in there.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think anyone has said or implied that they’re a paper tiger. I think what everyone is saying is “man, if not this year then the 2 Jays aren’t ever gonna beat the accusations”. As it is, Tatum has had an inconsistent and mediocre playoffs at best. He’s first team NBA. Most other first team NBA guys wouldn’t still be playing basketball because their teams would have been eliminated if they were as inconsistent as Tatum.

Listen, the Celtics caught a break. No need to apologize. But this here is why you guys are Celtics Fans doing Celtics Fans things. Most every other team would say yep I’ll take that luck all day long and move along. Celtics fans cry because people have the audacity to point out the luck that has gone their way.
Tatum inconsistent?

He's averaged 26ppg for the playoffs. 26.9ppg for the season. Hmmm

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan it’s already a national issue. It’s the Celtics.
Exactly.

The narratives have already been written by many.

1. If the Celts win they had and easy path, with the best roster and were expected to win.

2. If the Celts lose they had an easy path and choked.

I think that pretty much sums up everything being said/written to this point.

Celtics fans if Boston wins will be expected to apologize for #1 above.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No prob.

In every one of these posts you claim that the Celtics have overcome missing Zinger because their roster is so good. Those teams you beat were without their best players, plus other important players.

You could just have said basketball is a team sport.