• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA 2k20

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA 2k20 any good? I mean, different from previous years games? I haven't played an NBA game since I think 2k18, and I usually take a couple years off between games because if you get the game year after year the difference is usually very minimal.

But lately ive thought about playing NBA again and wondering if 2k20 is worth the money. I really only play franchise mode, although my career (when you play as a player) can be fun for a break.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bump.

I have NBA 2k16, haven't played NBA 2k since 2k16, but the game is sort of getting outdated with teams looks and rosters. Wondering if 2k20 is worth it. I know playing NBA games year after year quickly become repetitive, but figure the gap between 16-20 is pretty good break.

Just checking YouTube of gameplay and it looks simply more modern and cleaner then 2k16, but feels a lot of the same. Even commentary seems about the same.

My goal would be to take a team and play every single game in franchise mode. I don't do online stuff always offline mode.

worth it?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bump.

I have NBA 2k16, haven't played NBA 2k since 2k16, but the game is sort of getting outdated with teams looks and rosters. Wondering if 2k20 is worth it. I know playing NBA games year after year quickly become repetitive, but figure the gap between 16-20 is pretty good break.

Just checking YouTube of gameplay and it looks simply more modern and cleaner then 2k16, but feels a lot of the same. Even commentary seems about the same.

My goal would be to take a team and play every single game in franchise mode. I don't do online stuff always offline mode.

worth it?
If you can pick it up for 20-30 bucks then it’d be worth it for the offline franchise mode

You could get 2k19 for cheaper and it’s probably the same thing

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can pick it up for 20-30 bucks then it’d be worth it for the offline franchise mode

You could get 2k19 for cheaper and it’s probably the same thing
I think I can get it for $30. I am very tempted to get it since its been so long since I had an nba game.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got as a Christmas gift. I got pretty damn good at 2K18, not the best at dribble moves. Bought 2K19 later and also enjoyed. Now 2k20, haven't played it as much. If you can get it for $25-$30, definitely worth it just kinda worn out on NBA games the last year or so.

Been addicted to NCAA Football 2014 recently. Probably one of the best "classic" games of all-time...hoping the new one in 2021 is the same concept and not Madden glitchy.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got as a Christmas gift. I got pretty damn good at 2K18, not the best at dribble moves. Bought 2K19 later and also enjoyed. Now 2k20, haven't played it as much. If you can get it for $25-$30, definitely worth it just kinda worn out on NBA games the last year or so.

Been addicted to NCAA Football 2014 recently. Probably one of the best "classic" games of all-time...hoping the new one in 2021 is the same concept and not Madden glitchy.

EA NCAA 14 is really the only video game I play, but during the offseason I get more in the mood to play a sports game of whatever season is going on. But I wont do MLB The Show given I played every single game in a 162 game season a couple years ago I am still worn out from baseball games, and I haven't played an NBA game since 2k16, so figured I'd look into NBA 2k20 to get my to Summer where my itch for NCAA Football 14 will probably return.

If/when that new college football game returns, I'll be a hermit for about 2 months.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EA NCAA 14 is really the only video game I play, but during the offseason I get more in the mood to play a sports game of whatever season is going on. But I wont do MLB The Show given I played every single game in a 162 game season a couple years ago I am still worn out from baseball games, and I haven't played an NBA game since 2k16, so figured I'd look into NBA 2k20 to get my to Summer where my itch for NCAA Football 14 will probably return.

If/when that new college football game returns, I'll be a hermit for about 2 months.

Yeah I'm trying to space out how much I play NCAA 14 so I won't get sick of it. Just started a couple weeks ago. Just playing 3 NBA games in a row...I was getting a little bored and didn't even play it that much. Played 2k18 a lot though, that was my favorite of the past 3 years

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm trying to space out how much I play NCAA 14 so I won't get sick of it. Just started a couple weeks ago. Just playing 3 NBA games in a row...I was getting a little bored and didn't even play it that much. Played 2k18 a lot though, that was my favorite of the past 3 years

Yeah given how similar NBA games are year after year, I have to give myself a break between each year otherwise it gets way too repetitive. Everything seems the same except a few roster tweaks.

One thing that I think would help NBA 2k series tremendously with maybe helping with that repetitive feel is to allow what MLB The Show allows with continuing a dynasty into the next game that is released. For instance You play a full season dynasty in MLB The Show 19, you can carry your season into MLB The Show 20. I think that is really cool, and the major reason I tried to play every game on The Show because I was going to try and roll that dynasty into the next years game, but I just got exhausted after playing all 162 games.

NBA would be easier because 82 games isn't that much and they are fairly quick, but I think it would be cool to say you chose to be the Suns in NBA 2k20 and had a great season with Booker and Booker wins MVP and you win the NBA title, and then you get NBA 2k21 and continue your dynasty over and the game recognizes Booker is reigning MVP and you are the defending champs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah given how similar NBA games are year after year, I have to give myself a break between each year otherwise it gets way too repetitive. Everything seems the same except a few roster tweaks.

One thing that I think would help NBA 2k series tremendously with maybe helping with that repetitive feel is to allow what MLB The Show allows with continuing a dynasty into the next game that is released. For instance You play a full season dynasty in MLB The Show 19, you can carry your season into MLB The Show 20. I think that is really cool, and the major reason I tried to play every game on The Show because I was going to try and roll that dynasty into the next years game, but I just got exhausted after playing all 162 games.

NBA would be easier because 82 games isn't that much and they are fairly quick, but I think it would be cool to say you chose to be the Suns in NBA 2k20 and had a great season with Booker and Booker wins MVP and you win the NBA title, and then you get NBA 2k21 and continue your dynasty over and the game recognizes Booker is reigning MVP and you are the defending champs.

I didn't know that, that is a pretty cool feature. I hope they make that feature in NCAA 21 or whatever one they come out with.

I like rebuilding a team from the ground up in NCAA 14 and I got updated rosters so the 2014 season has the players that were in the 2019 season..makes it more real. Right now I am in the 3rd season with Akron. They did have a 2 star prestige when I started, up to 4 stars. Makes it a lot more fun instead of playing with a great team where recruiting is so easy as well

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know that, that is a pretty cool feature. I hope they make that feature in NCAA 21 or whatever one they come out with.

I like rebuilding a team from the ground up in NCAA 14 and I got updated rosters so the 2014 season has the players that were in the 2019 season..makes it more real. Right now I am in the 3rd season with Akron. They did have a 2 star prestige when I started, up to 4 stars. Makes it a lot more fun instead of playing with a great team where recruiting is so easy as well
I want a school with all F’s. The best I could do was downgrade a downloaded team to all 40 ratings (lowest it goes), but by year 2 I had recruited 4/5 star kids and that influx has me unbeaten. Wish we could still use team creator but typical EA said screw you and screw your online dynasties.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a school with all F’s. The best I could do was downgrade a downloaded team to all 40 ratings (lowest it goes), but by year 2 I had recruited 4/5 star kids and that influx has me unbeaten. Wish we could still use team creator but typical EA said screw you and screw your online dynasties.

Yeah that was my first dynasty. I started at like around a 70 overall but won my conference two years in a row then switched to the ACC. Also, found it to be more difficult if you change the USER/CPU sliders on Heisman. They are 50/50, changed them to 40/60 and a bit harder...might tweak them more the further I get into the dynasty.

I need to try that next time, getting a 40 overall team but like you said it only last so long

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was my first dynasty. I started at like around a 70 overall but won my conference two years in a row then switched to the ACC. Also, found it to be more difficult if you change the USER/CPU sliders on Heisman. They are 50/50, changed them to 40/60 and a bit harder...might tweak them more the further I get into the dynasty.

I need to try that next time, getting a 40 overall team but like you said it only last so long
And you literally have to manually downgrade each player because there is no longer any online teams. Plus I want a big stadium so my team can build up a fan base. Hate getting a small market team and having no one there. San Diego State and UTSA are the only 2 that you can play at with big enough stadiums.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you literally have to manually downgrade each player because there is no longer any online teams. Plus I want a big stadium so my team can build up a fan base. Hate getting a small market team and having no one there. San Diego State and UTSA are the only 2 that you can play at with big enough stadiums.

So you can rename the team too right? Never done this but I watch these guys that do those kind of dynasties on YouTube...seems like the way to go to make it as challenging as possible. Then just recruit a ton of speed and you will be fine in year 2, definitely year 3.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you can rename the team too right? Never done this but I watch these guys that do those kind of dynasties on YouTube...seems like the way to go to make it as challenging as possible. Then just recruit a ton of speed and you will be fine in year 2, definitely year 3.
Unfortunately no. There used to be an online teambuilder but EA said screw you and pulled the plug on it. So now you have to use an existing team and manually downgrade each stat. Fricken tedious as hell. That’s why after you go through the effort I recommend saving it so you never have to do it again.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately no. There used to be an online teambuilder but EA said screw you and pulled the plug on it. So now you have to use an existing team and manually downgrade each stat. Fricken tedious as hell. That’s why after you go through the effort I recommend saving it so you never have to do it again.

Damn. And I guess building up a 60ish overall team like I did with Akron, you won't have a big stadium. What's the worst overall team? Probably in the 60's. 40 to 60 makes a huge difference.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. And I guess building up a 60ish overall team like I did with Akron, you won't have a big stadium. What's the worst overall team? Probably in the 60's. 40 to 60 makes a huge difference.
Yea man, 40 is awful. I somehow snuck out a win in year 1. Even lost to an FCS team.