• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: National Title Game: Wisconsin vs Duke

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this is what everyone was saying about Wisc and UK... granted, Duke is probably better than UK, but Wisc is playing better ball than when they faced Duke the first time.

I wasnt saying that :) I thought Wisconsin was a super tough matchup for UK. Duke on the other hand has the quickness at the guard spots to be able to drive on the Badger guards. Wisconsin doesnt have much shot blocking so Dukes guards should be able to finish at the hoop but more importantly Duke has the shooters to make Wisconsin pay if they collapse on the penetration. UK didnt have that. I think this will be a high scoring game. Wisconsin is playing exceedingly well but the Badgers will need to play better tonight than they did Saturday to win the title. I think they will BUT Duke is a far more difficult game for Wisconsin than UK was.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasnt saying that :) I thought Wisconsin was a super tough matchup for UK. Duke on the other hand has the quickness at the guard spots to be able to drive on the Badger guards. Wisconsin doesnt have much shot blocking so Dukes guards should be able to finish at the hoop but more importantly Duke has the shooters to make Wisconsin pay if they collapse on the penetration. UK didnt have that. I think this will be a high scoring game. Wisconsin is playing exceedingly well but the Badgers will need to play better tonight than they did Saturday to win the title. I think they will BUT Duke is a far more difficult game for Wisconsin than UK was.

The other thing that Duke has is a big man in Okafor who can truly score. Anways, it should be fun to see what happens tonight.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically the first time these 2 teams played I came away thinking that Wisconsin may be the best team in the country. The performance Duke put on was probably the best performance any team has put forth this year ( at least against top notch competition ), the Blue Devils played almost a perfect game yet the Badgers were still in it til the end. While everyone trumpeted Dukes performance ( as they should have ) I remember thinking that Duke would have beaten almost anyone else in CBB by 30+ yet the game was still in doubt late. That was enough to tell me how good Wisconsin was.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I win the SportsHoopla pool with a Duke win but fuck it, Go Wisconsin and my 6th place finish.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games seem so late when you're on east coast time

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically the first time these 2 teams played I came away thinking that Wisconsin may be the best team in the country. The performance Duke put on was probably the best performance any team has put forth this year ( at least against top notch competition ), the Blue Devils played almost a perfect game yet the Badgers were still in it til the end. While everyone trumpeted Dukes performance ( as they should have ) I remember thinking that Duke would have beaten almost anyone else in CBB by 30+ yet the game was still in doubt late. That was enough to tell me how good Wisconsin was.

I also don't remember Dekker being as much of a factor as he is now.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also don't remember Dekker being as much of a factor as he is now.

VikingsAD28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Wisconsin over Duke 71-68 in my bracket on ESPN, so I'm going with that. :)

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wish this game started at 7 or even 8 instead of 9:18!

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke fans should be completely confident. If the Dookies start to choke, there will be a ref or two ready and eager to provide the Heimlich maneuver. Some of the most blatant and outrageous calls in NCAA tourney history have come to benefit Duke. Saturday's victory over Michigan State included more of the same. One of those three refs is Coach K's new best friend.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke fans should be completely confident. If the Dookies start to choke, there will be a ref or two ready and eager to provide the Heimlich maneuver. Some of the most blatant and outrageous calls in NCAA tourney history have come to benefit Duke. Saturday's victory over Michigan State included more of the same. One of those three refs is Coach K's new best friend.

You're blaming the refs for a 20 point duke victory? Take your bitch ass crying somewhere else

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO here we go again blaming the officials when Duke destroyed MSU... Yup, it's the officials fault

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the refs got my checks I sent by FedEx. The tracking number I checked made sure they arrived. They just have to cash them in.:lol:

Let' Go Duke!

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Already blaming the refs? Come on! Refs will have bad calls for both sides, that is obvious. Happens every time

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell there were more bad calls in the Wisconsin v Kentucky game....