• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

National media going bonkers over Chip Kelly

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying they could have run up the score a lot more. I guess they did not see Vick wincing and out of breath, and McCoy not shaking anyone in the second half. Those 2 will be gassed in many second halves this year, and I don't see either playing a full season this year. I see Philly as an 9-7 team at best. If McCoy goes down early, they are 5-11.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The national media is just flat out annoying & ignorant at this time. No doubt they will sing the praises of the Eagles now (partially deserved) & will not simply view this as the product of one game (actually one half). I am also sure that when the Eagles fall short in subsequent games they will be criticize them non-stop. The same thing with the Redskins & RG3. I don't care how many of these guys played or coached in the NFL - they are predominately clowns.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying they could have run up the score a lot more. I guess they did not see Vick wincing and out of breath, and McCoy not shaking anyone in the second half. Those 2 will be gassed in many second halves this year, and I don't see either playing a full season this year. I see Philly as an 9-7 team at best. If McCoy goes down early, they are 5-11.

It's funny how some people deal with losses. I legit LOL'd.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overreact Tuesday.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could of run up the score? lol then why didn't they? When has Kelly ever not tried to. I will tell you this and I believe this with all my heart, we play one more qtr or even 10 more minutes we win cause Griffin was coming around, we will beat them when we see them again.....book it!

The media...LMFAO:lol:

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24 hours later, I'm more convinced that Kelly's offense won't even take one full season to figure out.

There isn't one single thing they did that was, with tape, difficult to stop.

The eagles got one over on the redskins.

Good for them

They're still a six win team.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the game again guys. By the third quarter, the eagles were slowing down. Not because they had a comfortable lead, but because their own players on offense were winded. You cant keep up that pace all game long, no matter what BS they throw from the win. We played sloppy early. And we got beat for it. But Kellys new offense wont survive any more than the fun n gun.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should hear the eagles fans I live with. Holy shit.

They must have never won a game before. :noidea:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had thought the Skins D were going to be the ones who were gassed.

Turns out Phila's O has a lot more wind sprints they need to run to keep from getting gassed themselves. LOL

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I hear this was Chip's Sugar, Rose, Alamo, bowl...National Championship. Obviously if he doesn't win, he's written off as a college coach who needs to stay there with a gimmick offense and Vick is a washed up QB.
I do believe they can win 6-8 games this year, injuries are coming and not every defense will be as generous as ours was.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 overreaction + NFC East/Pats/Jets team doing something different = blow up your TV

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna say Chip Kelly's system was pretty effective. They moved the ball well. They put points on the board. If Vick had any accuracy, they would have shredded us even worse.

That said, what was most effective was not "the blur." The speed helped a little, but the read option was the thing that worked really well with the combined speed of Vick and McCoy. They did to us what we did to teams all last year.

And 3 turnovers on the first 3 drives aided their point total a lot. They were scoring AND had field position the entire first half.

And of course the media is gonna hype up the new, big thing. They did it with RG3 last year, Tebow before that, and whatever else will be next.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna say Chip Kelly's system was pretty effective. They moved the ball well. They put points on the board. If Vick had any accuracy, they would have shredded us even worse.

That said, what was most effective was not "the blur." The speed helped a little, but the read option was the thing that worked really well with the combined speed of Vick and McCoy. They did to us what we did to teams all last year.

And 3 turnovers on the first 3 drives aided their point total a lot. They were scoring AND had field position the entire first half.

And of course the media is gonna hype up the new, big thing. They did it with RG3 last year, Tebow before that, and whatever else will be next.

:agree: props to the Eagles. They have the perfect speedy weapons to make that offensive scheme incredibly dangerous. By the numbers, one on one coverage mismatches, if you don't make the tackle there is only green yardage in front of you. As long as no one cramps from lack of oxygen or injury and you can keep the drive going, it works extremely effectively. It'll be interesting to see how other teams defend it and how successful they will be adjusting to the speed of this offense.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see how sustainable it is. Their offense was clearly tired as the game wore on and he doesn't have 80+ players on scholarship on a professional NFL team. When you can shuffle players in and out it can have success long term but, we'll see how it plays out over the long run in the NFL. I still have doubts.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a feeling that the conditioning of the player will improve, it's only week one and we know players aren't in the best shape in week one.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a feeling that the conditioning of the player will improve, it's only week one and we know players aren't in the best shape in week one.

That will help to a degree but IMO, players are going to wear out by certain points in the season from all the plays and it will also happen in a game to game basis. Like I said, NFL teams don't have 80+ players and don't have nearly the relative depth compared to college rosters, that it takes to sustain players health and energy levels over the long haul.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: props to the Eagles. They have the perfect speedy weapons to make that offensive scheme incredibly dangerous. By the numbers, one on one coverage mismatches, if you don't make the tackle there is only green yardage in front of you. As long as no one cramps from lack of oxygen or injury and you can keep the drive going, it works extremely effectively. It'll be interesting to see how other teams defend it and how successful they will be adjusting to the speed of this offense.

You come to this conclusion after basically one good half of football for a team that - till now - there is no existing video? Give me a break.

You also neglect to mention that this offense carries a high risk of turnovers & injury. I would wait until at least week 10 until coming to any type of conclusion.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have made it clear that I am giving credit to the Eagles for creating a good game plan against us in Game 1. You've got to tip your hat to them, homerism aside. I am making NO predictions about the long term success of hyper speed read option. In fact, I highly question that it can be sustainable at the NFL level. I simply think that Chip used his speed players well in the spread, created mismatches and scorched us. By the time we had a bit of an answer it was just Too late.

Of course, the Eagles had the advantage of the surprise factor and used it well. We did it in NO. Its unfortunate we had to meet them in a division game week 1. Of course, it would be a different story later in the season with video and our Offense at peak efficiency and the D better prepared and with a little more experience in the secondary. I am not crowning the Eagles king.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also neglect to mention that this offense carries a high risk of turnovers & injury. I would wait until at least week 10 until coming to any type of conclusion.[/QUOTE]

I didn't mention turnovers but I agree with you. I did however mention the injury factor.