• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

National media going bonkers over Chip Kelly

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also neglect to mention that this offense carries a high risk of turnovers & injury. I would wait until at least week 10 until coming to any type of conclusion.

I didn't mention turnovers but I agree with you. I did however mention the injury factor.

Yep & remember their three main weapons on offense missed significant parts of last season due to injury. If nothing else - I would be shocked if Vick makes it through the entire season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we should accept that they had us on our heels and they BEAT us . everything i felt that could happen did .

we hadnt seen the offense and we paid for being the guinea pig

Rg3 was rusty

we turned the ball over early and often

we looked to have had good second half adjustments

but right now the eagles are done and we need a win at the packers

tall order

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we should accept that they had us on our heels and they BEAT us . everything i felt that could happen did .

we hadnt seen the offense and we paid for being the guinea pig

Rg3 was rusty

we turned the ball over early and often

we looked to have had good second half adjustments

but right now the eagles are done and we need a win at the packers

tall order

Agreed.. on all counts. But looking at Kellys approach. I would liken it to throwing Usain Bolt into a marathon. He is currently the fastest man on the planet in the 40, 100 and 200 meters run. But I doubt seriously he could keep up that pace in the mile. And thats honestly what the eagles are facing. If they arent playing with the lead, they are screwed. By the third quarter McCoy was on the side lines puffing like a 45 year old chain smoker. I just dont see any teams roster being deep enough to keep that pace up for an entire game if need be. And sooner rather than later, there will be a need.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.. on all counts. But looking at Kellys approach. I would liken it to throwing Usain Bolt into a marathon. He is currently the fastest man on the planet in the 40, 100 and 200 meters run. But I doubt seriously he could keep up that pace in the mile. And thats honestly what the eagles are facing. If they arent playing with the lead, they are screwed. By the third quarter McCoy was on the side lines puffing like a 45 year old chain smoker. I just dont see any teams roster being deep enough to keep that pace up for an entire game if need be. And sooner rather than later, there will be a need.
what you are saying could come to fruition

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of our biggest problems on D was that we did not have enough time on the sidelines to look at pictures or for the coach to sit the team down and come up with a way to diffuse the situation. As you saw at the end of the half we were making the adjustments and in the second half we were stopping them easily. With RG3 having a chance to work on his mistakes and the team seeing that he is good to go (I think they were being conservative with his running to protect him) and they will run the option a little more and get our run game going.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly has a great offense for 20-24 year old kids with lots of relief from the big roster.

No way you can have 300+ pound OL players play at that pace for 16 games

Vick would be on record for 144 rushing attempts at the rate of Monday nights game that would be 20 more than Newton 2012 Qb leader in rushing attempts.

Anybody think Vick can sustain that ?

Redskins got caught in a whirlwind with a QB that looked Rusty to start the season due to no Preseason starts. It is what it is and I would not be worried at this point if I was a Redskin fan. Kelly's offense will come down to earth soon enough no way they can keep that pace all season

JMHO