• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: National Championship Oregon vs Ohio State

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you truly have no idea what you are talking about.

Too bad too, since most of the other Bama fans are pretty cool and it was going back and forth with them before the Sugar Bowl.

Sorry, I tend to ignore fairweather bandwagon fans such as you.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama whining in this thread :rollseyes:

Anyways GO BUCKS

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another reason I prefer to watch the games at home is because I could post on the Hoop. Whenever I go to the games, I feel like I gotta pay attention to every second in order to get my money's worth. At home I feel free to post on the Hoop. Better overall experience to watch at home IMO.

I completely agree. Having a HD TV definitely helps and enjoying the game with fellow fans is the deal. However there are two concepts I like about going to games -- the tailgating experience as well as sharing memories with your kids as well. Can't wait to take my kid to see VT play tOSU this Fall in Lane Stadium for their first night game. Good times!

As a far as tonight the wife likes the Ducks and I am taking the Bucks. Good luck to both teams.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree. Having a HD TV definitely helps and enjoying the game with fellow fans is the deal. However there are two concepts I like about going to games -- the tailgating experience as well as sharing memories with your kids as well. Can't wait to take my kid to see VT play tOSU this Fall in Lane Stadium for their first night game. Good times!

As a far as tonight the wife likes the Ducks and I am taking the Bucks. Good luck to both teams.

True, tailgating is something that makes the real life experience better. Also the kids get sort of starstruck when they see the players in person (I don't have kids so that's not much of a factor for me personally but I remember how it used to be when I was a kid). IDK, I guess the main thing with me is that I could avoid the crowds, get as drunk/high as I want, and post on the Hoop.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice. How old is your kid?

My one friend has VT season tickets. He used to drive from Cleveland to the games. Now he lives in Richmond.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you :suds:

Is calling me a bandwagon suppose to upset me? Terrible trolling gumparoo

Apparently, we are bandwagon fans, since we didn't join the hoop the day it was created. He must not have a life outside of Alabama football and the internet.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, we are bandwagon fans, since we didn't join the hoop the day it was created. He must not have a life outside of Alabama football and the internet.

Been a Buckeye since the day I was born, remember the miracle vs Miami and was at the smashing we took from FL

Didn't know my join date makes me a bandwagon lol

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. How old is your kid?

My one friend has VT season tickets. He used to drive from Cleveland to the games. Now he lives in Richmond.

That is some serious dedication driving from Cleveland to Blacksburg for the games. My kid is 7 so looking forward to it. If you come to the 'Burg in Sept, the VT tailgaters will treat ya right! All good times!!

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is some serious dedication driving from Cleveland to Blacksburg for the games. My kid is 7 so looking forward to it. If you come to the 'Burg in Sept, the VT tailgaters will treat ya right! All good times!!

Cool. I hope you have a good time. Not too, of course :whistle:

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I gave you a thumbs up! :yahoo:
Thank you for that, Bucknut.

Know that even though the Webfoots thrashed the Vols in both of their two latest meetings, I have no animosity towards Faber College. Oregon is a fine state with law-abiding motorists. Eugene is a fine town. An overwhelming majority of Ducks fans are friendly, hospitable people - damn fine Americans, if you will - and the cheer squad is hot, year in, year out. Green habanero sauce hot.

That said, nothing quite compares to my enlightened sports fan immersion experience with the Bucknuts on TBDBITL reunion weekend... Tailgate brats in the AM, St. John Skull Sessions, the 'Shoe, the ramp, the diamond Ohio, four script Ohios on the field at halftime, the student section starting O! H! I! O! rolling around the stands again and again and again, the roaming members of the band and cheer squad doing 30-second performances throughout the second half, the Buckeyes coming to life to score, force a punt, then score again... Damn! And Bob Evans to boot. Hard to top that, friend of the Scarlet & Gray. Hard as a cured dogwood walking stick.